Login

russian armor

The third HBO miniseries announced

21 Apr 2014, 10:52 AM

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/hbo-developing-third-wwii-miniseries-413632

For all who loved the band of brothers and pacific series, here is a great news
21 Apr 2014, 10:54 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

This reminds me of how I really should watch the Pacific. I loved The Band of Brothers for all the recognizable COH1 references.
21 Apr 2014, 11:11 AM
Patrion 14

I felt the pacific was a let down really. :( never even finished watching the series.
21 Apr 2014, 11:12 AM
Donator 11

This reminds me of how I really should watch the Pacific. I loved The Band of Brothers for all the recognizable COH1 references.

yeah. i remember watching it and i thought theres a game just like this. so i can easily say band of brothers got me into coh1.
21 Apr 2014, 11:55 AM

Gah, whilst they're impressive series my beef with Band of Brothers at the least was that it portrayed all the men as saints who were as celibate as monks, spend five minutes with a bunch of guys all together by themselves and you know what I mean...

Also the American-centrism... what about the Red Army, they're the guys that won it! Or the Brits even.

It strikes me this is going to be another set of American flag waving... apologies to Americans but there were plenty more people than you guys in the war and Hollywood with such marketing clout and worldwide influence should be more accountable to making a realistic and balanced view rather than just this idea that the Americans did everything worth telling in the war...
21 Apr 2014, 11:57 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Old news from over a year ago. So where is it?
21 Apr 2014, 11:58 AM

Both the Pacific and BoB are great and I'd definitely enjoy another similiar series. It would be great if it was Easternfront based.
21 Apr 2014, 13:22 PM

Gah, whilst they're impressive series my beef with Band of Brothers at the least was that it portrayed all the men as saints who were as celibate as monks, spend five minutes with a bunch of guys all together by themselves and you know what I mean...

Also the American-centrism... what about the Red Army, they're the guys that won it! Or the Brits even.

It strikes me this is going to be another set of American flag waving... apologies to Americans but there were plenty more people than you guys in the war and Hollywood with such marketing clout and worldwide influence should be more accountable to making a realistic and balanced view rather than just this idea that the Americans did everything worth telling in the war...

It was an American produced show was it not? In the same vein, Australian produced war movies are generally focused on Australians during the war (Under Hill 60, Gallipoli, The Light Horsemen etc), I'm not familiar with other nation's output, but I imagine it's the same. It seems natural that they would make a the series about their own nation's involvement, it seems skewed because the US generally makes the most marketable and popular movies/entertainment.
21 Apr 2014, 13:37 PM

band of brothers was good but now looking back to it , its wall full of drama , and i dont like that
21 Apr 2014, 14:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2014, 11:11 AMLe Wish
I felt the pacific was a let down really. :( never even finished watching the series.

It seems nobody liked the Pacific because they were expecting another BoB where its the same group of guys throughout the entire show. The casualty rate in the pacific was so high compared to the 101st, even if they did tell just one units story there would still be just as many new faces.
21 Apr 2014, 14:22 PM

Watch Generation Kill yo!
21 Apr 2014, 14:32 PM

Pacific is so depressing :(

Either watching the US marine slaughtering the WW1 Jap with WW2 weapons or the Jap slaughtering the marine with insane fanatic bullshit.

Really feel sorry for the Okinawa people, they should have both hate the Japs and US army very much.

For someone who don't know why, Okinawa was actually a conquered Kingdom.
21 Apr 2014, 14:51 PM

Well, they have to appeal to the american audience, if its an american film about WW2 eastern front, fewer people will watch it.

That said, there is a TON and i do mean A TON of ww2 russian movies (most of them are complete crap where 1 russian kills 1000's of germans and other kinds of stupid propoganda, however a few of them are actually pretty damm good)
21 Apr 2014, 17:21 PM

chair force drama queens

let's see some more infantry action please, air war is so boring,
21 Apr 2014, 17:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2014, 11:11 AMLe Wish

Exactly how I felt. I loved BoB, was very let down and stopped watching Pacific, lets hope the new series is more of the former.
21 Apr 2014, 18:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2014, 14:32 PMPorygon
Pacific is so depressing :(

Either watching the US marine slaughtering the WW1 Jap with WW2 weapons or the Jap slaughtering the marine with insane fanatic bullshit.

Really feel sorry for the Okinawa people, they should have both hate the Japs and US army very much.

For someone who don't know why, Okinawa was actually a conquered Kingdom.

Oh we all know it, you are not the one who attented a school. But thanks for reminder anyway.
21 Apr 2014, 19:01 PM

yeah. i remember watching it and i thought theres a game just like this. so i can easily say band of brothers got me into coh1.

Same feelings here when I started playing CoH 1 more than 2 years ago. :)
21 Apr 2014, 19:18 PM

Is this a series? Cause I thought it was a movie?

21 Apr 2014, 19:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2014, 19:18 PMLionRed
Is this a series? Cause I thought it was a movie?

That is the Mighty 8th, a movie.

We are talking about Masters of the Air. An HBO series by the same guys as band of brothers and the pacific.
21 Apr 2014, 20:23 PM

This is great news! :D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment