Login

russian armor

I understand why CIS countrys hate single player campaign

• This thread is locked
PAGES (4)down
22 Apr 2014, 11:16 AM

I personally didn´t see an insulting characterization of the regular Russian soldier in the campaign. Rather my impression was that the communist system was depicted as nasty - which it was. The soldiers try to heroically safe their Commander and the narrator is seen as a conscientious person. The evil things are ordered and done by the Commissars, representing the system.

You blind, huh? Campaign haters are angry because Relic didn't show Russians from neutral POW (as Germans in Opposing Fronts) while you continue to repeat bullshit about comissars (were completly disbanded in October, 1942) and Soviet war crimes.

Seriously, guys, you really believe that Soviet government was so cruel because there were only sadists and maniacs there? It was really hard time for USSR and it demanded stern decisions. Soviets couldn't just surrender like any other country.
22 Apr 2014, 12:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2014, 11:16 AMrejfor

You blind, huh? Campaign haters are angry because Relic didn't show Russians from neutral POW (as Germans in Opposing Fronts) while you continue to repeat bullshit about comissars (were completly disbanded in October, 1942) and Soviet war crimes.
Where did I mention Soviet war crimes? I just wrote how I personally saw the campaign. I didn´t have the impression the regular soldier was portrayed as a monster. I don´t know how anybody could get angry about that. Calm your tits.
22 Apr 2014, 12:14 PM
Patrion 14

Let's all calm down here gents. No need to exaggerate stuff and shit, keep it polite.
22 Apr 2014, 12:28 PM

Its a political/historical discussion.

There is no way this will be polite.

Threads like this should be locked instantly on games forums as not once anything good came out of them and as liberal as coh2.org discussions can be I still think threads like this have no right of being here.
22 Apr 2014, 13:03 PM

It seems some people when taking soviets concentrate only on negative factors
its some kind of brainwashing too if you ask me
22 Apr 2014, 13:24 PM
Donator 33

The campaign tried to display the individual heroics of Russians while still painting Soviet as bad. I think that was exactly the right thing to do, they just failed horribly.

Russians know it was a fucked up time, calling for horribly harsh decisions on their part. I can understand why they are angry; when you don't show what horrors they were facing, Russia seems more evil than necessary.

The Allies started bombing cities before the Axis did. That's fine by me, the then nazi nation had it coming. War isn't some game where one army honourably meets the other, it is a nasty business where you visit maximum misery upon the opposing nation. Not going for civilians is like saying "no baserushing" - it's not gonna fly.
22 Apr 2014, 13:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2014, 12:28 PMKatitof
Its a political/historical discussion.

There is no way this will be polite.

Threads like this should be locked instantly on games forums as not once anything good came out of them and as liberal as coh2.org discussions can be I still think threads like this have no right of being here.

I think you're tight with this.
22 Apr 2014, 13:33 PM

The campaign tried to display the individual heroics of Russians while still painting Soviet as bad. I think that was exactly the right thing to do, they just failed horribly.

Russians know it was a fucked up time, calling for horribly harsh decisions on their part. I can understand why they are angry; when you don't show what horrors they were facing, Russia seems more evil than necessary.

The Allies started bombing cities before the Axis did. That's fine by me, the then nazi nation had it coming. War isn't some game where one army honourably meets the other, it is a nasty business where you visit maximum misery upon the opposing nation. Not going for civilians is like saying "no baserushing" - it's not gonna fly.

wut

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombing_of_Warsaw_in_World_War_II

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotterdam_Blitz
Phy
22 Apr 2014, 14:06 PM

True. But the Germans recognize and remember what was done in their name.

What do Russian children learn about the criminality of the Soviet Union? What do they learn about the Holodomor that cost tens of millions of innocent Ukrainians their lives?

That's the difference.

What does USA recognize about their crimes? Cities of civilians totally destroyed just to force enemy surrender, 2 atomic bombs on civilian population -that nowadays japanese people do suffer consequences- or no prisoners of war -instant killed- on Pacific? Btw, we're talking on ww2 if we talk in other period of time -as you talk about the crimes of CCCP in Ukraine, wich I totally doubt of it- lets talk about Vietnam, Iraq, Cuba...
Every nation with power has a lot to feel ashamed, specially the USA.

I only read capitalist propaganda, propaganda and propaganda!
22 Apr 2014, 16:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2014, 14:06 PMPhy
Every nation with power has a lot to feel ashamed, specially the USA.

I only read capitalist propaganda, propaganda and propaganda!
At least in the western parts of Germany my grandma told me the Allies were welcomed as liberators. She told me how the Americans brought her and the other children chocolate.

Meanwhile in the eastern parts of Germany people were trying everything to get away.
22 Apr 2014, 16:39 PM
Senior Editor Badge

22 Apr 2014, 17:01 PM
Patrion 14

PAGES (4)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %