Login

russian armor

Relic's Performance Regarding Feedbacks

Are you happy with the time it takes for Relic to address immediate balance issues? (e.g. Shock/Guards at 1CP)
YesNo
Option Distribution Votes
33%
67%
Are you happy with the time it takes for Relic to address bug/glitches? (e.g. mortar bulletins fixed yet?)
YesNo
31%
69%
Do you think Relic listens to the comnunity enough for popular wishes? (e.g. hold fire button for some armors etc.)
YesNo
52%
48%
Total votes: 359 (Locked)
20 Apr 2014, 17:35 PM

These three questions have been bothering me since the release of the game. It takes too much time for them to address important balance issues, to fix some bugs/glitches and I don't think they listen the community enough regarding wishes for the game. I mean, it took them a year to implement hold fire button that has been asked since the beginning. Shoot your thoughts as well.
20 Apr 2014, 18:05 PM

These three questions have been bothering me since the release of the game. It takes too much time for them to address important balance issues, to fix some bugs/glitches and I don't think they listen the community enough regarding wishes for the game. I mean, it took them a year to implement hold fire button that has been asked since the beginning. Shoot your thoughts as well.

On the other hand the way weapons work now has been asked for too, so they have listened.
20 Apr 2014, 18:25 PM

On the other hand the way weapons work now has been asked for too, so they have listened.

It can always get better. I am not happy with the response times, thus this thread.
20 Apr 2014, 18:28 PM

It takes three weeks to fix every small problem, even when they are obviously wrong. Even if they do try to fix some problems there are other problems with the game they just refuse to fix at all. The balance team aren't really helping the game.
20 Apr 2014, 19:23 PM

It takes three weeks to fix every small problem, even when they are obviously wrong. Even if they do try to fix some problems there are other problems with the game they just refuse to fix at all. The balance team aren't really helping the game.

Now now, they have done hotfixes. But I think they want their patches to fix a lot of things and contain a lot of changes, that's probably why it takes so long for a patch to go live. That and the game being patched constantly isn't very good. You can't watch replays after an update and it's hard to know what the situation is and what units are good against what units when things change constantly.
20 Apr 2014, 19:27 PM

Relic values 'its feedback deeply,' but ignores the community to much
20 Apr 2014, 20:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2014, 19:27 PMmorten1
Relic values 'its feedback deeply,' but ignores the community to much

What do you mean by ignore? I mean a lot of the changes in patches are because the community wanted them.
20 Apr 2014, 20:07 PM

Now now, they have done hotfixes. But I think they want their patches to fix a lot of things and contain a lot of changes, that's probably why it takes so long for a patch to go live. That and the game being patched constantly isn't very good. You can't watch replays after an update and it's hard to know what the situation is and what units are good against what units when things change constantly.

Oh, thanks for reminding me this. Where is replay backward compatibility? I mean come on!
20 Apr 2014, 20:54 PM

Jeez you guys are impossible to satisfy. Almost all major issues have been resolved in the following patch and they patch every 1.5 months or so. That's pretty fast compared to a lot of games, and a lot more consistent then most games.

The only thing that took them two patches was the tiger ace and I can hardly blame them considering they had to turn it into a completely different unit.
20 Apr 2014, 20:56 PM
20 Apr 2014, 23:35 PM
Honorary Member Badge

the egs slant the pole tbh. eh ill let it slide this time. :)

im mostly happy with relic and how they've handled things with a few exceptions. ;)

Jeez you guys are impossible to satisfy. Almost all major issues have been resolved in the following patch and they patch every 1.5 months or so. That's pretty fast compared to a lot of games, and a lot more consistent then most games.

The only thing that took them two patches was the tiger ace and I can hardly blame them considering they had to turn it into a completely different unit.

+1 +1 +1 +1

20 Apr 2014, 23:38 PM

Does this really need a poll? :/
21 Apr 2014, 00:25 AM

+1
21 Apr 2014, 03:55 AM

I've been with Relic since Dow1 launch. I missed the Homeworld days sadly. Relic has ALWAYS been slow to patch, and really derpy in the way they launch changes. Hell, DoW Soulstorm (a game none of us actually wanted) took a year to be patched even once, and it literally killed the community off.

Since that time, I've sat thru months, and even years, of waiting on patches for CoH1, DoW2, Space Marine, and now CoH2... I used to blame THQ for part of the slow patching and poor implementations, but with Sega they still seem like the old Relic.

Now, I'll admit that they have given more support for CoH2 than any other title, but still, you cannot launch such a major change like the infantry re-balance patch and sit on your laurels while the game is as unbalanced as it is. When you launch a major title update, you need to be prepared to support the game with incremental hot fixes as the weeks go by. It's approaching a month since the infantry re-balance and we have seen one hot fix...

So what am I supposed to think when they say "the next patch is 14 pages long"? I get a little excited to see the changes, but quickly my excitement is tempered by the overwhelming reality that 14 pages in one patch cannot be balanced at launch, and that once it drops we will be here, yet again, waiting on another patch for a month or more... You cannot maintain a thriving and competitive community with such long gaps between patches after a major update like the last one (f'ing christ, you guys left roo spam for a year in CoH1).
21 Apr 2014, 04:02 AM

(f'ing christ, you guys left roo spam for a year in CoH1).

Roo spam wasn't that bad.

You just couldn't take on roo spam with infantry, Armor, at guns or mines.

21 Apr 2014, 05:25 AM
Patrion 14

+1

also, how easy can it be when most people on forum can't agree on balance issues like ever. they are also looking at numbers and ain't just balancing with feels. i'm sure you need a few weeks worth of numbers to determine if some units are over performing or not.
21 Apr 2014, 07:35 AM

Do the people who voted no play competitive multiplayer games where balance issues are fixed faster than relic is doing with CoH2? I guess I believe you guys but I've never played one.

Voted yes x3.
21 Apr 2014, 12:17 PM

I voted yes to the first question, but if you had asked me two months ago I would have said no. However, Relic appears to be patching once a month with sound patches. It helps that only 2 new commanders have since been released.

I answered no to the second because there are numerous bugs introduced with patches that have not been fixed yet. Mortar bulletins, sniper bug, target weak point, etc. There is no real excuse for these.

I also answered yes for the last one. Relic does listen, they post regularly and they change balance to try to meet community needs. They definitely listen. Coming from the world of Halo where the developer literally says nothing, this is a breath of fresh air. They are not perfect, but I would much rather they get their jobs done then spend their time surfing the forums.
21 Apr 2014, 12:27 PM
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2014, 07:35 AMDanielD
Do the people who voted no play competitive multiplayer games where balance issues are fixed faster than relic is doing with CoH2? I guess I believe you guys but I've never played one.

Voted yes x3.

good point.

so i voted 3x yes as well
21 Apr 2014, 16:28 PM

The only game I've played that gives out patches as frequently as COH2 is World of Tanks. I think it's pretty incredible that they are as frequent as an MMO.

If anyone really can't even mention one game that patches more then COH then they have no right to complain as much as they do, and to be honest this post disgusts me at the intitlement of this community.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★