Login

russian armor

Alternative Stand Alone Campaigns &/or Additions

20 Apr 2014, 10:23 AM

Hey, been looking around to see where to ask for or request some new options in gameplay, have been directed to post it here.... so forgive me if it is wrong!

Option 1:

I would like to pose the question, why in COH2 can there not be the options for the German campaign to succeed in overrunning Moscow, Stalingrad Etc., and to run further with how the war in the east could then end, and then the obvious option for an alternative campaign battle in the west, making use of the freed up units returning from the east.

Option 2:

There has never been an campaign or option for the hypothetical invasion of Britain and then maybe a continuation onto Canada & the US. This would provide for some seriously interesting campaigning especially with the option to invade Canada & The US only available after succeeding in completing the domination of Britain. A lot of the new German weapons that were on the brink of being released would also be an option to make available.

I am sure these options would prove to be extremely popular.

Apologies again for posting here if it is the wrong area .... perhaps someone who knows where it should go will re post it for me!

Thanks

SLO:thumbsup:
24 Apr 2014, 21:27 PM

Hey, been looking around to see where to ask for or request some new options in gameplay, have been directed to post it here.... so forgive me if it is wrong!

Option 1:

I would like to pose the question, why in COH2 can there not be the options for the German campaign to succeed in overrunning Moscow, Stalingrad Etc., and to run further with how the war in the east could then end, and then the obvious option for an alternative campaign battle in the west, making use of the freed up units returning from the east.

Option 2:

There has never been an campaign or option for the hypothetical invasion of Britain and then maybe a continuation onto Canada & the US. This would provide for some seriously interesting campaigning especially with the option to invade Canada & The US only available after succeeding in completing the domination of Britain. A lot of the new German weapons that were on the brink of being released would also be an option to make available.

Apologies again for posting here if it is the wrong area .... perhaps someone who knows where it should go will re post it for me!

Thanks

That sounds absolutely amazing, I would shell out $100 for a new full length campaign with those premises!
24 Apr 2014, 21:30 PM

Option 1:

Option 2:

Thanks

didnt they do that in a game already?
9 May 2014, 09:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2014, 21:30 PMmorten1

didnt they do that in a game already?

No in game one it concentrates on the campaign in Europe mainly following the D-Day landings, and in COH2 as you know it is covers the Eastern front. They have added western (US) units as an addition to COH2 but again post 6th June.

I think that the options I quoted before would give massive scope for gameplay, extend the lifespan of the COH lable, and be extremely popular with all RTS gameplayers (not forgetting it would be very profitable for the owners of the copywrite!!!)
15 May 2014, 05:23 AM
Patrion 15

I think the reasoning is that they want the game to be a historical representation of what actually happened. CoH isn't meant to be a fictional depiction of WW2. Games like CnC fit the bill for this well because the events they portray never actually happened. I don't know if it would fit the franchise well. Hell, people already freak out that the multiplayer units are not representative of their historical counter parts, I can't imagine the uproar there would be if the campaign had an "alternate ending". No offense, but I would have no interest in playing through a fictional WW2 campaign.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★