Login

russian armor

Blitz is changing

20 Apr 2014, 20:29 PM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2014, 19:32 PMKatitof
Apparently for some people "equally strong armor" means "I will never win again".

It only speaks about the current state of the game and how 'good' the complainers are.

Now that they buff T34 damage from 120 to 160 they will 3 shot PAK 40s to death, if they hit it :D

also reducing IS-2 and ISU-152 anti-infantry (reduce AOE) and buffing their penetration values is a welcomed change,

because now only soviet ZIZ AT gun at vet 3 has 221 penetration and that is the best penetration for soviet forces in the game, if you ignore the soviet howitzer having 1000 penetration
20 Apr 2014, 20:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2014, 20:29 PMATCF

Now that they buff T34 damage from 120 to 160 they will 3 shot PAK 40s to death, if they hit it :D

also reducing IS-2 and ISU-152 anti-infantry (reduce AOE) and buffing their penetration values is a welcome change,

because now only soviet ZIZ AT gun at vet 3 has 221 penetration and that is the best penetration for soviet forces in the game, if you ignore the soviet howitzer having 1000 penetration

Um, they aren't buffing the T-34's damage to 160, that was a joke.
20 Apr 2014, 20:48 PM

People let's not forget: "All vehicles have seen some adjustment, whether it be a minor or major change."

There won't be a single armored unit that won't be effected by the next patch.
20 Apr 2014, 20:49 PM

Um, they aren't buffing the T-34's damage to 160, that was a joke.

It wasn't a joke.
20 Apr 2014, 20:54 PM

It wasn't a joke.

Oh, really? Well now that I think about it it does make sense, lol.
20 Apr 2014, 21:08 PM

I think it works well. Right now T34s don't really do enough damage to kill larger tanks very fast. Even if they get behind tanks it takes a very long time to kill tigers and elephants, so long in fact that you can't kill it before more support arrives.

With higher damage flanking would be much better and keeping your armor facing the T34s would be much more important.
20 Apr 2014, 22:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2014, 19:32 PMKatitof
Apparently for some people "equally strong armor" means "I will never win again".

It only speaks about the current state of the game and how 'good' the complainers are.

+1
20 Apr 2014, 23:31 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2014, 08:58 AMtengen
Does Relic get an award for recognizing this issue after a year?

tbh i don't think it was a matter of recognizing the problem. Much as it was taking the time and money to do something about it. :) (would be my guess anywho)
21 Apr 2014, 13:28 PM

Says who?

That better be a joke. 160 dmg, destroying infantry, RAM and speed at that price is crazy.

It wasn't a joke.
21 Apr 2014, 13:45 PM

Says who?

That better be a joke. 160 dmg, destroying infantry, RAM and speed at that price is crazy.

You seem to conveniently miss the part about cost increase and that it will still loose to P4 head on all the time.
21 Apr 2014, 13:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2014, 13:45 PMKatitof

You seem to conveniently miss the part about cost increase and that it will still loose to P4 head on all the time.
If that´s really true, that´s bullshit. Even less T-34... and almost up to Panzer IVs performance wise? Russians should be about quantity, not quality. Mirror balance and RNG...
21 Apr 2014, 14:00 PM

If that´s really true, that´s bullshit. Even less T-34... and almost up to Panzer IVs performance wise? Russians should be about quantity, not quality. Mirror balance and RNG...

I agree 100% Make the T34 cost enough that you could build 2 for every P4 say for 100 fuel so 50 fuel each. Nerf them just slightly because you know more tanks means more tank micro and you really should get rewarded for that. Also all the maps will need to have chokepoints and such reworked so that the Soviets can cram double the number of tanks through them.

But Relic doesnt want to do that. So we need to balance them against one another.
21 Apr 2014, 14:27 PM

Nope. The game doesnt encourage Quantity over Quality too well. Its all about preserving units. Is it fun to flood the map with cheap crap units and see them swarming one enemy unit in order to actually do something?

I want Soviets to be a solid faction, not a faction of solely super cheap, gimmicky units only able to do something in a swarm. Zerg - style.

Thats neither good for balance in a game like COH and neither it is for gameplay.

Stick with asymmetrical balance and keep making the factions solid on their own. Less gimmicks, more solid stuff.
21 Apr 2014, 14:33 PM

We've had that first in beta and then with soviet industry commander.
Both times it have proven to not work too well.

Overwhelming armor doctrine is what is left to prove not working.

And if you paid attention, you'd noticed that P4 is all about armor with great AT while T34 will be all about speed with great AI.
In my book it doesn't translate to mirror balance.
21 Apr 2014, 15:20 PM

No objective, reasonable player can advocate that IS2, ISU and T34 should have AT increases without having AI nerfed.

Seriously, balance should be about tweaks not swings. This game just needed tweaking before the current patch. Now Relic makes huge changes and plans to make huge changes again -- what do they expect the result is going to be??

They shouldn't have thrown away all the work on balance. The game before current patch was pretty good with some minor changes needed.
21 Apr 2014, 15:25 PM
Patrion 310

Yeah right I still don't get it the game was in a roughly balanced state after the February 2014 patch and now? Is every patch in the future to be a gamechanging one?
1 of 3 Relic postsRelic 21 Apr 2014, 15:27 PM
Developer Relic Badge

If a unit sees an increase in its anti-tank capacities then either it's price goes up or something else goes down; such as it's anti-infantry capacity.

With regards to the IS-2, increasing it's AT means less one shot squad wipes, which really solves two problems in one go.
21 Apr 2014, 15:27 PM

I only hope that relic will finally stop teasing us with "amazing changes that are just around the corner, but you can't get around that corner for X amount of valve time".

If next patch will keep being not being implemented, then there will be no one to play western fronts, because people already gave the game 2nd chances and everyones patience is running low.

Next patch will either make or break the game and the longer it takes for it to be implemented, the less players will remain, because we're all tired of this bullshit balancing and lack of hotfixing the most serious issues for WEEKS(tiger ace of old anyone?).

If the patch won't be the best thing that happened to the humanity since pizza delivery, then even I might start calling doom.

I have no idea what they do there in beta, but I'm personally fed up with endless teasing and lack of information.

The game is currently in horrible state and the longer it remains like that, the less players it will have with no 3rd chances.

Imma now go get my relic voodoo doll and slap it with a fish.
Damn I'm angry now. Even more so because I've had an awesome long post about relic, patch frequency and quality and balance but I've pressed wrong mouse button and 40 minutes of typing wall of text went to screw itself.
21 Apr 2014, 15:56 PM

Katitof, you sound very angry. You should check out the angry bears, join the pack.
21 Apr 2014, 16:24 PM
Patrion 310

Yeah my blood pressure is getting up... and what goes down? Not my anti-infantry capacity but my patience with this once great game...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS