Login

russian armor

How do you use the Mighty Elefant.

19 Apr 2014, 20:24 PM

I shoot tanks with it until they blow up.
19 Apr 2014, 20:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2014, 20:23 PMakosi

Let me make this into the potato level, once the elefant hits the field, you have 100 % dominance in vehicle vs vehicle warfare, so all you need to do is spam more vehicles then the game is over. or you wanna spam conscripts against p4s? If the enemy bring atgun , just make nebel.

In 2v2 that is what we did with mate. I usually go to elefant, imediately tech to t4, get 1-2 nebel, then you have eneugh CP to get elefant, while my mate brings p4.

But the alternatives are still better than Ele IMO, especially Pak43, much cheaper, easier to get more werfers and able to hide behind stuff.
19 Apr 2014, 21:07 PM

Good tips, Thanks. Ive been using it with the command tank because I am starting to love that command p4. Maybe I need to go ostwind / spotting scopes instead

.....Just occurred to me the one with the command tank has hull down. I'm terrified of using that on German Tanks though. Maybe I should try it for shits and giggles. Does hull down increase Range? And has anyone in the history of Coh2 used hull down lol? Maybe Ill try to dedicate a pio squad to hull down duty.

Hull down increases range and rate of fire. It also provides a damage reduction.
19 Apr 2014, 21:12 PM

The way the Pak43 works is basically this: You spend manpower so you can scare aways tanks in a static area for a limited amount of time - until the enemy spends munitions on off-map artillery / bombing run. And that manpower-munitions exchange is usually not in your favor.

Pak43 can be useful, bot only if your opponents don't have access to (off map-) artillery.

You can't compare it to an elefant.
Neo
19 Apr 2014, 21:26 PM

I believe the elefant is the best tank in 2v2+. <snip>

This in an M3.
19 Apr 2014, 23:42 PM

I love an Ele with spotting scopes, it's like a big drunk resource sink. :D
Otherwise, I don't recommend getting it, 2 p4s are much better imo.
20 Apr 2014, 03:25 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Use it depending on map and what your opponent have.

Since you have spotting scope, i prefer playing with T2 222. Make your goal making it into vet2/3 (easier this patch). Insta maphack. You wont have any issues of getting your Elephant flanked with that amount of vision.

Make use of Teller mines (Riegel are more difficult to use since not so many people invest now on a HT). Ram is the first option to deal with it.

Have an MG/PG ready to kill out Guards. Buttoning and bombing strike is another good counter.

Don´t rely on the Elephant to be your saviour.
20 Apr 2014, 12:19 PM

I fought an Elefant at Crossing in the Woods 2v2, we lost that game. All he had to do was park it between his hull-down Panzer IV and Ostwind, near the middle point it was completely untouchable, and 90% of the map was off-limits to us because no amount of T-34/85's could save you from that kind of fortress.

Using the Elefant, I think it's good as it is, maybe too good on the defensive side. I remember carelessly letting mine get flanked by an SU-85, it lost 1/5 it's health and the SU-85 was toast.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★