Login

russian armor

Maybe Soviet M3 could be a bit more resistant...

19 Apr 2014, 15:41 PM

In the 4 last games i'have played, i try to make some use of the M3 to ferry my troops closer to the front.

But the moment i see anything but a pio, my M3 exploded so fast that i don't have time to save it no matter what. Maybe, adding a few seconds of survability to it, would make the unit more usable and able to retreat.

See you on the battlefield.

19 Apr 2014, 15:54 PM

I really don't like the M3. You can't balance it out properly when it comes out so early the Germans does not have a good counter until they get to T2. In the hands of a player that knows how to kite it well, it can be impossible to beat. I think it's best that the German player can push it away, because when kiting the scout car can kill a few grens before retreating to repair. This would inflict a lot of manpower drain for the Germans and the scout car can wipe out retreating squads.

Any more survivability and it will be even more OP.
19 Apr 2014, 15:58 PM

I got fooled one time, and i was unable to counter a pack of m3's as germans. I lost then... So i used the same tactic as soviets, and i found it to be very effective. It is a kiting unit, and a very effective one at that. First, that "pio exploding the m3" was an exaggeration. Second, as i said, kite units at range. The gun of the m3 is pretty powerful. It is a combat unit, and must be microed as so. I think it is fine at the moment.
19 Apr 2014, 16:33 PM

I've been using the M3+Engineer(flamer optional) combo for the past 20 games or so, and I do believe that any more buffs to it could make it overpowered. At the moment the only thing that was able to effectively counter it was a group of two or three grens pushing against it.

If you're struggling with the M3 you're probably using it too aggresively. Assuming you use it along with a squad equipped with a flamethrower, you should only get close to burn stuff if you have enough hit points left to withstand a panzerfaust (and that's usually above 75% health), or there are no grens in sight. Else you should keep it at max range, and R->click, R->click until the unit that is chasing you can't do that anymore without risking the wipe. Also, when the enemy tries to dps you down, evacuate the engis and repair during the fight.

TL;DR - Keep your distance, pairing it with an engineer is probably better than a penal or guard squad.
19 Apr 2014, 17:07 PM

It's ok now, it doesn't need to be stronger.
It's already hard for the germans to counter it when used correctly (kite, ...)
19 Apr 2014, 17:24 PM

Well if you say that the unit is balanced. I wont say anything more.
19 Apr 2014, 23:51 PM

It should cost a bit less mp.
20 Apr 2014, 00:42 AM

One Faust followed by a rifle nade a millisecond later will kill it and the crew inside. 500 plus manpower gone. I am not sure why german players say there is no counter until tier 2. Also pio hordes and s mines kill it easily.
20 Apr 2014, 03:04 AM
Developer Relic Badge

One Faust followed by a rifle nade a millisecond later will kill it and the crew inside. 500 plus manpower gone. I am not sure why german players say there is no counter until tier 2. Also pio hordes and s mines kill it easily.

There's a button that allows you to disembark the vehicle.

Also you have to get into faust range which means either LOS blockers or moving forward. There's a reason everyone is saying to use it at range and it can also see you before you can see it since it does have superior sight compared to most units.

20 Apr 2014, 03:33 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I would say its fine, only thing i would see it get a slight fuel increase with a mp decrease (+2/+5 fuel | -30mp)
On a similar fashion, the 221 should have a slight fuel increase (+5fuel).

On an another note, i think the fuel cost for the LMG Gren/PG 250 is a bit high for what it does.
20 Apr 2014, 04:31 AM

Yeah its simply ridiculous how pathetic this unit is, especially compared to the German pure rape scout. It really pisses me off when I stop to think about it *Fix pls relic* .....wishful thinking right?

I don't waste my resources on the stupid things ever.
20 Apr 2014, 04:36 AM

It's ok now, it doesn't need to be stronger.
It's already hard for the germans to counter it when used correctly (kite, ...)

Ummmm are you kidding me? German scout = dead scout car 3 shots less then 3 seconds what are you talking about hard to counter?

PanzerFaust almost completely toast finished off by a couple more shots, what are you talking about hard to counter (compare that to the german scout which can take 2 at nades and then some)

Hit more then one S-mine and its toast which you are guaranteed to because they are so clustered, what are you talking about hard to counter? (speaking of which S-mines are now completely broken and in dire need of fixing too..... sigh it never ends)

Pak one shot dead, what are you talking about hard to counter

Shrecks... the list goes on the damn thing is worthless and does need some sort of buff or the german scout car needs to be nerfed.
20 Apr 2014, 04:38 AM

But all those things come out way later than M3...

Personally I don't like the M3 because of how gimmicky it is...
20 Apr 2014, 04:45 AM

But all those things come out way later than M3...

Personally I don't like the M3 because of how gimmicky it is...

You will have a scout car or panzerfaust or s-mine/teller mines long before a Russian scout car will be able to inflict anywhere near to the amount of damage to make up for its cost unless your playing someone that simply doesn't know what they are doing.

You build this thing your pretty much guaranteeing to hand your opponent 240(or 220 whatever it is I don't know because I don't waste my time or like to hand my opponent free wins) free manpower boost.

Sorry If a seem a little snappy but to me this is a glaring balance issue that really bothers me for some reason. Whenever I think about it German scout car vs Soviet scout car... wtf you know....

I guess its because I do like light vehicle gameplay but can't use it and I would very much like to, no I am not going to play Germans in their unbalanced state.
20 Apr 2014, 04:46 AM

Maybe a munitions armour upgrade so it can survive in mid and late game. Couldn't upgrade it early because you need the munitions for flamers/satchels/demos against bunkers or for molotovs.
20 Apr 2014, 07:19 AM
Patrion 27

How about a munitions upgrade available or replace vet 1 ability with some sort of mobile ambulance unit.

Vet 1
30 munitions
heal nearby units for (duration)

Or an upgrade that replaces the two machine guns with increased health and/or armor and healing capability.
20 Apr 2014, 10:34 AM

I did a whole night of testing with m3 here is what I found. Pios can damage the m3 at almost full distance. You have about one car length at max distance where you out range pios.

Not sure but I think there is a moving penalty when the m3 fires so when you try to kite that small gap really hurts you as pios can easily close that small gap. Pios get 100 percent accuracy on the move I think, so it's kinda unfair. I could be wrong.

Also it takes about two full 50 call cycles to kill one entity in red cover. So two m3 can kill an entity in red cover in one burst. I think this where players get scared about m3 in numbers.

I would like to see pios lose more range or have moving penalty. Of course the danger with moving penalty is we could have jeep pushing abuse again. So finding a way to reduce accuracy at distance for pios makes the most sense as jeep pushing would still be punished.

If some number munchers out there could post some stats on this please do so, I am speculating here.
20 Apr 2014, 12:32 PM

There is no counter in t1 in early game.
m3 is out before you have enough ammo to shoot le faust.

OMG LIER!!!!

check it out yourself..
20 Apr 2014, 14:07 PM

Are you kidding me? Gren spam or pio spam can push the soviets off the map at the start.

Hell one pio squad has almost the same range as the m3 against the m3. Which means you do not even need a faust to push it back.

One gren squad can push a m3 back because a faust will almost kill the m3. So if you take any small arms fire from the gren sqaud you have to evac just incase a faust may come and now instantly wipe you and the squad inside the m3.

If you cannot get enough munitions to have one faust in tier one I don't know what to say. You must be sitting in your base doing nothing at all.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★