Login

russian armor

Homeworld and Homeword 2 Remastered

18 Apr 2014, 18:21 PM

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!

http://www.loadthegame.com/2014/04/13/homeworld-remastered-collectors-edition-will-available-end-year/

Dont know about you guys but this more than any other solidified RTS for me.
18 Apr 2014, 19:04 PM

I remeber playing home world 2 when I was a kid, spamming battle cruisers and carriers was epic
18 Apr 2014, 19:29 PM

isn't homeworld a relic game?
18 Apr 2014, 21:11 PM

It TWAS. Now its not. Now its Gearbox. They are making it just updated graphics and keeping pretty much everything the same (i wish we could get a COH1 like that...)
18 Apr 2014, 21:56 PM

yeah, Homeworld...
I still watch the intro cutscene on youtube, and it still gives me goose bumps.

also waiting for Homeworld : Shipbreakers. (called first Hardware : shipbreakers, for rights reasons)
A new RTS, produced by the real developpers of Homeworld 1 & 2, who left Relic.
Watching the teaser gives me the same goose bumps. It really feels the same.
Check it out !
18 Apr 2014, 23:43 PM

yeah, Homeworld...
I still watch the intro cutscene on youtube, and it still gives me goose bumps.

also waiting for Homeworld : Shipbreakers. (called first Hardware : shipbreakers, for rights reasons)
A new RTS, produced by the real developpers of Homeworld 1 & 2, who left Relic.
Watching the teaser gives me the same goose bumps. It really feels the same.
Check it out !

Yeah I would be on that like a Hobo on a Ham Sandwich if it ever comes out.
27 Jan 2015, 11:55 AM
Senior Editor Badge

http://store.steampowered.com/app/244160/

Access to the Homeworld Remastered Steam Multiplayer Beta beginning February 25: play Homeworld races against Homeworld 2 races with up to eight players on 23 maps, plus brand new game modes

27 Jan 2015, 15:43 PM

Holy sheeeeeeeeeeeeeett I'm all over this like a bad rash!
14 Feb 2015, 02:26 AM

Hiigarians OP, plz nerf.
14 Feb 2015, 03:09 AM

Relic = hiigaran fanboys
14 Feb 2015, 07:08 AM

Already pre-ordered. :)

Get it on Steam, already. I didn't want to spend the big bucks for the Mothership that lights up.
18 Feb 2015, 20:28 PM
Patrion 310

As an old gamer that played HW1 I know it was the best RTS ever made more so than SC1. But unfortunately Relic suck at marketing and dont use the franchise (nor COH) to its full potential. I also know many HW players that said it could easily rival SC1 but only many years later ppl discover the gem it was (or what HW2/HW3 could have been to rival SC2/SC1).
18 Feb 2015, 20:39 PM

As an old gamer that played HW1 I know it was the best RTS ever made more so than SC1. But unfortunately Relic suck at marketing and dont use the franchise (nor COH) to its full potential. I also know many HW players that said it could easily rival SC1 but only many years later ppl discover the gem it was (or what HW2/HW3 could have been to rival SC2/SC1).

You know Relic, nor for that matter SEGA, even own the Homeworld IP anymore?
24 Feb 2015, 14:26 PM

Yeah this is right up there on my Best Games Ever Made list.

Relic don't own the IP any more. It was transferred to THC when Relic was part of them, or something like that, and when THC went bust Gearbox bought the rights.

Thus it's a bit unfair to blame Relic for failing to continue the franchise; it was in THC's hands.

I do hope we will end up getting a HW3 eventually, but my understanding at the moment is that Shipbreakers is either on hold or something, and the team that was producing it are now working with Gearbox on the reboot. On the positive side, this means that the reboot is going to have some of the same people involved, they have access to original concept art, and even the original uncompressed DAT recordings of the soundtrack, so the reboot will have higher audio quality than the original. They even got the original Karen S'Jet to rerecord the part she was unable to do for HW2.

RockPaperShotgun has given pretty good coverage: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/?s=homeworld

They also say that Shipbreakers has now been rebadged as a Homeworld title, and this is reflected on Blackbird's site, but there has not been any statement I've seen so far about actual plans to produce Shipbreakers, and whether it happens may now depend on how well the reboot does commercially.
25 Feb 2015, 01:17 AM

Preloading now :hyper:

I hope everything will be alright without any major bugs or serverissues when we can finally begin playing homeworld.
...so we can care less about how long it takes before relic releases an ok´ish patch for coh2 :oops:
25 Feb 2015, 01:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2015, 14:26 PMsquippy
Relic don't own the IP any more. It was transferred to THC when Relic was part of them, or something like that, and when THC went bust Gearbox bought the rights.

Thus it's a bit unfair to blame Relic for failing to continue the franchise; it was in THC's hands.

Never played it before but looks awesome I'm gonna get it.
25 Feb 2015, 01:57 AM

Sweet memories :*(

... got to make a phonecall...
25 Feb 2015, 04:03 AM

Not just old people played it. I was 10 when i got my very first hands on it, i think.

I remember my birthday party when i became 10 years old, a friend of mine gave me Homeworld I, unfortunately the birthday party became quite boring, since me and my friend just sat by the PC playing the game. The rest of the children just ran around playing and thought we were boring. Nostalgia time.
25 Feb 2015, 04:54 AM

7 minute countdown :D

edit: 14 hour until unlock....dafuq its almost midnight :o
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment