Login

russian armor

why not disabling loading screen rank simply does not work

18 Apr 2014, 13:41 PM

0:when you start COH2 open 2 browser tabs, for one enter "http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playersearch";
and for the other
"http://steamidfinder.com/";

1:when you're loading into a game, SHIFT TAB click on 'players' then 'recently played' it should have your name, with your opponents name

2:click on your opponents name

3:go to the address bar, it should have a series of numbers, this is a STEAM ID. copy them and paste in the allocated field in "http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playersearch";

4:if their ID is a custom steam URL (a name or something instead of the numbers) copy that and go to "http://steamidfinder.com/"; enter their name there and it should bring up their STEAM ID. go ahead and enter that into "http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playersearch";

5 look at their coh2 ladder position! assess the situation!

this is another reason why censoring their ladder rank and then using a steam platform online system does not work at all. it's actually quite laughable. why do they not permit us seeing our opponents rank when we can just follow those steps and get much more information than we got in COH1?

anyway, i hope this helps some people, as i have been doing this in every match ever since the coh2 ladders came out
18 Apr 2014, 13:44 PM

If someone is THAT dedicated to do it, then nothing work on him.
The remaining 99.9% will just play.
18 Apr 2014, 13:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Apr 2014, 13:44 PMKatitof
If someone is THAT dedicated to do it, then nothing work on him.
The remaining 99.9% will just play.

lol, i can do it in about 10 seconds, before both players load, it's really not 'dedication', and all you need is some steam knowledge
18 Apr 2014, 13:50 PM

I do this, but always after the match. Helpful to know if I won/lost how overplaying or underplaying might have contributed based on average rank.
18 Apr 2014, 14:59 PM

There's another way to get an idea of who you are against but not quite as accurate. In the in-game player list (shift ~) click on the Steam icon and it takes you to their wins/losses with each faction.
29 Apr 2014, 21:41 PM

this is actually a good tip.Thnx
29 Apr 2014, 23:03 PM

I love how you have these custommizable face plates but nobody you play with can see them unless they go out of their way to look you up.
30 Apr 2014, 05:36 AM

Permanently Banned
and what you expect, you will play better if you know your opponents rank?
30 Apr 2014, 05:55 AM

Nothing new. I'm sometimes looking at opponent stats after a game, looking at them before won't help you much.
Thanks for the effort though.

P.S. how much time does your automach need in order to load !?
30 Apr 2014, 06:12 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I like how you have automated and refined the process. :) Too bad the info isn't there for you to see without all the hassle, but it looks like you've found your own way to get it. I'm happy that coh2.org ladders have helped you.

I still think we're the only website in the world that offers arranged-team ladders and AT stats on your playercard. Kudos to our coders.
30 Apr 2014, 18:08 PM

The real question is why the ladder isn't integrated into the game in the first place. The fact you still need to visit CoH2.org - a non-official, community website to check your stats or your opponent's stats is one of the atrocities of CoH2. The steam profile button from in-game or post-game stats only tell you the number of wins against players and CPU, which frankly is useless.

It's figuratively worse than Hitler.
30 Apr 2014, 19:41 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Apr 2014, 13:50 PMShazz
I do this, but always after the match. Helpful to know if I won/lost how overplaying or underplaying might have contributed based on average rank.

+1
1 May 2014, 04:52 AM
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2014, 18:08 PMtengen
The real question is why the ladder isn't integrated into the game in the first place. The fact you still need to visit CoH2.org - a non-official, community website to check your stats or your opponent's stats is one of the atrocities of CoH2. The steam profile button from in-game or post-game stats only tell you the number of wins against players and CPU, which frankly is useless.

I totally agree. I've been saying this for a long time now, and I would like to see a response from Relic as to why they have chosen to leave this info unintegrated. (I know that's not a real word, I just made it up)
1 May 2014, 06:43 AM
Patrion 14

Well i´d like to know who i am up against while the game is loading. In CoH1 you had this information as the rank was shown in the loading screen and the rank actually meant something with the there-can-be-just-one-person-level-20 system. Now everyone is level 100 after 3 days and it this tells you nothing. So in my point of view is using the CoH1 System would be the best idea. Not perfect but way better then now.

Also the ladder should be integrated in the game itself as it was in CoH1. It´s nice coh.org offers this feature and it´s also a thing which makes people want to visit this site and join the community but still, the ladder should be displayed ingame.

One of the smaller things i don´t like about CoH2.
1 May 2014, 08:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2014, 18:08 PMtengen
The real question is why the ladder isn't integrated into the game in the first place.

Maybe it has do with the playerbase being to small. If the players rank would load before the match these players would get an insight in to how bad the circumstance is for the matchmaker. If coh2 gets a bigger playerbase then they will surely add rank at the loadingscreen.
3 May 2014, 11:32 AM

When I had the Alpha I remember thinking "oh, this is all so rough because it's in Alpha. Proper lobbies, ladders etc will obviously be there for launch".

:D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS