Uses for Unloved units #3: The Dishka

18 Apr 2014, 02:08 AM
Honorary Member Badge

http://www.coh2.org/topic/14441/uses-for-mechanised-groups

http://www.coh2.org/topic/15471/uses-for-stug-es

We have the 12.7mm Heavy Machine Gun.

Rapid Fire Anti-Tank
Destroy 20 vehicles with DShK Heavy Machine Guns

At the moment only availible in the unloved Defensive Commander.

360MP

2CP call in.

Vet 1: Sprint

Can fire AP rounds at Vet0

I was expecting it to have roughly the same performance as the MG42 firing incendiry rounds by default and then be somewhat better than that when firing AP rounds, however I found it somewhat meh.

The MG42 kills M3s quickly and dents T70s and Su85s; the DHKK even with AP does not appear to do much to anything above German T2.

It does deal with infantry nicely, and if it was in a better commander it would see more use

But, it is in a not so good, very map dependent commander, so I will be interested to see if anyone thiis getting good use out of these
18 Apr 2014, 09:52 AM

Permanently Banned
def commander would be good if tank traps would be stronger and soviet armor too, so enemy would spam then. You just spam snipers like in coh1, tank traps everywhere go t4 for nebel, and build pak43. GG (i speak about 2v2 small maps like Minsk)
18 Apr 2014, 10:03 AM

The best way to use this commander has to be making use of the free T2.

So I'd say an aggressive T1 start, probably M3s. Then if you can gain good map control, if there are choke points. Then throw down Dshkas and tank traps. Quickly get T4. Cos the light AT gun isn't great vs tanks.

Just have this doc available alongside other t1 useful docs like Guard motor , then you have options depending how the game goes.
18 Apr 2014, 11:12 AM

Permanently Banned
one the best commander for Stalingrad map, start with penals like 3 then 1 hmg 1 mortal, spam infatry mines everywhere, and tank traps then go t3 for ram power
22 May 2014, 00:20 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Well, despite getting a cost decrease, a buff and being placed in a commander that people want to play (Shermans, Shermans, Shermans), this bulletin has risen from the dizzy heights of 3rd most obscure to 5th most obscure.

So I guess people are still passing over it.

Anyone getting good use of it these days?
28 May 2014, 17:27 PM
Patrion 27

Even using the DShK penetration bulletin they are just not very good. I think their AP rounds should be more on par with the MG42 dps-wise or their dmg increased slightly. They were mega strong when they released because their damage was TOO high and I'd like to see a balance of then and now.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★