Login

russian armor

Should the T-34/85 be available without a doctrine?

Should the T-34/85 be available without a doctrine?
Option Distribution Votes
36%
33%
3%
4%
14%
9%
Total votes: 96
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
17 Apr 2014, 12:03 PM

Hello,

just thought I might start a poll about this. I´m interested to hear your opinions. I think its a bit unfortunate that the Soviets lack a generalist tank. Even more disturbing is that the solution to this problem lies directly in front of us. Further a tank so iconic and produced in such big numbers shouldn´t be "locked" in a doctrine.

I think it would be best if it was available in a building after researching an upgrade - like the Coh1 76mm Sherman.

I hope I included all possible options to this poll. Thanks for your answers.
17 Apr 2014, 12:08 PM

No, should stay doctrinal for now. As Relic now stated several times, next patch will focus on vehicles. Wait for that patch +1/+2 months to test and solve balance issues with the new system and then redo the poll. Just prior to such a patch it just seems like the poll is rather useless :P
Neo
17 Apr 2014, 12:11 PM

Never going to happen but in my opinion, T34/76 should have been a call-in tank (kind of like the Stug E) for cheap and cheerful early/mid game armour and T34/85 should be a T3 unit.
17 Apr 2014, 12:11 PM

I abstained, i do not know what to say. I always found a medium that is doctrinal pretty peculiar, but i dont think anything can be done about it at the moment.
17 Apr 2014, 12:27 PM

It should be upgradeable for munitions, but remove ram.
17 Apr 2014, 12:32 PM

, it should be an upgrade for munitions per vehicle
34-Anti infantry
85- AT
but I don't think they goin to add this since US Is coming soon
they will keep this to Sherman like in 1 game
17 Apr 2014, 12:33 PM

It should be upgradeable for munitions, but remove ram.

I agree with this. It would give more tactical choices to soviets, either you keep ram or you get better dps.
17 Apr 2014, 13:04 PM

Ram's rubbish, so I'm all ears for removing it in all cases.

Option A or B are what I'd be happy with. Though Option A for preference because I'd love to see the venerable T-34-85 given the place it always deserved in a building.

But either is good.

The place it is now as a medium tank call in just doesn't cut it, I like going armoured assault (just for fun, and tanks) and the IS-2 is always better because it's just more survivable. If I lose 1 T-34-85 (which is easy to do, it's a lightly armoured medium after all) then I'm down 240 Fuel or more to get another set (because they have to work in numbers, or else not at all really). T-34-85s need to work aggressively because their guns won't cut it frontally against heavy armour (hell even P4s at times) so they need to be aggressive and that by necessity needs to losses, losses which are extremely difficult to recoup given the expense of the call-in (no problem there, it's a frickin 2 tank call in) but it's just better to shove it in a building, make it a bit cheaper to compensate for the cost of the building and then we can have a half decent generalist tank for the soviet rather than the rubbish they have currently for an armoured selection.

Here's a suggestion.

Make it an upgrade for either buildings. I can get T3 then upgrade to get the T-34-85 or get T4 and then upgrade there. That way Soviets can have choice and a decent all rounder in their roster. Might want to look at the T-34-85 and SU-85 combo though... perhaps make the SU-85 an upgrade as well... Or else make it an either/or thing. Pick the T-34-85, can't get the Su-85, or pick the SU-85, no T-34-85...
17 Apr 2014, 14:17 PM
Patrion 310

As the T 34 with the 76 cannon was replaced by the T 34 with the 85 cannon there should be a solution that in late game you get 34/ 85 and not the 76 version anymore....
17 Apr 2014, 14:23 PM

Decrease cost for soviet late game tiers and make T34/76's and SU85's PE - like fuel upgrades. You could get light vehicles earlier and then use the fuel to upgrade and therefore gain access to the big tanks in their specific tiers. You could do a 34/85 upgrade after the 34/76 one, converting all 76's into 85's. Less AI but more AT.

Like Shermans.
17 Apr 2014, 15:12 PM

Im just tired I was saving up for an expensive tank such as Elefant or Tiger, then some retard comes with 2 T34, throw them at the tiger..but hey, he wont win that engagement, and he knows that. What he does? press ram, target Tiger, pray to RNG. Ram is succesful? GAME OVER.
17 Apr 2014, 15:38 PM

Im just tired I was saving up for an expensive tank such as Elefant or Tiger, then some retard comes with 2 T34, throw them at the tiger..but hey, he wont win that engagement, and he knows that. What he does? press ram, target Tiger, pray to RNG. Ram is succesful? GAME OVER.

There are still people spearheading tigers blindly with no gren support?
One could thing they have learned their lesson after close to a year.
17 Apr 2014, 15:40 PM

either yes is ok with me
17 Apr 2014, 15:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Apr 2014, 15:38 PMKatitof

There are still people spearheading tigers blindly with no gren support?
One could thing they have learned their lesson after close to a year.

Faust can't stop RAM, genius.
17 Apr 2014, 15:44 PM
Patrion 310

Did you forget to repair your tank after the ram? Ram fails more than you think, especially to tigers and elephants. T-34/76's and sometimes 85's struggle to penetrate the rear of the elephant. No one likes ram but as the game currently is, there are times when you have to do it. Do you know what I am tired of? Moving in close to a german tank to ram it, only to find he popped warp speed and is reversing faster than the T-34 can go fowards. T-34 eventually overheats where as the German tank is pretending to be Usain Bolt with no downside. Ram is annoying but there are several ways to avoid it. I would much rather swap ram for blitzkrieg
17 Apr 2014, 15:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Apr 2014, 15:40 PMPorygon

Faust can't stop RAM, genius.

Sure it can't, all it will do is completely disable it until tank is repaired.

And since you obviously have no slightest idea why grens should be ahead of tank-it is to spot T34s in advance and keep the distance, even tiger will have no problem reversing safely from ram used from max range.

If you move forward with your tiger first, for all that is holy sake, you deserve to get rammed and if you will get rammed, its still not guaranteed at all to do anything then disable T34.
17 Apr 2014, 16:07 PM

Remove ram from both the T34/76 and T34/85 and buff the units accordingly. I feel that ram is such a weird and gimmicky ability that it constrains the developer's ability to properly balance these tanks. If they got rid of the gimmick and made the T34/76 into a viable vehicle we wouldn't need the T34/85 moved into the position of being a core unit for the soviet faction.

I like the "skip T3 and T4 stall for T34/85" strategies the call in ability provides, but when the T34/76 is such an abysmal unit I can see the desire for a more reliable tank being available to the soviets as a core unit. Just make the T34/76 a proper tank and remove the gimmicky ram ability and you will find that the T34/85 isn't as necessary as a core unit.
17 Apr 2014, 16:07 PM

Did you forget to repair your tank after the ram? Ram fails more than you think, especially to tigers and elephants. T-34/76's and sometimes 85's struggle to penetrate the rear of the elephant. No one likes ram but as the game currently is, there are times when you have to do it. Do you know what I am tired of? Moving in close to a german tank to ram it, only to find he popped warp speed and is reversing faster than the T-34 can go fowards. T-34 eventually overheats where as the German tank is pretending to be Usain Bolt with no downside. Ram is annoying but there are several ways to avoid it. I would much rather swap ram for blitzkrieg

Lel, you think the soviet player lets me repair my ultra heavy tank after being rammed?
I know ram fails sometimes, but when it penetrates,and even more, a HEAVY call-in, its usually game over.

#Katitof, sometimes, my friend, RAM annimation is faster than faust one and when theres multiple T34, its nearly imposible to stop them all.
17 Apr 2014, 16:16 PM

Lel, you think the soviet player lets me repair my ultra heavy tank after being rammed?
I know ram fails sometimes, but when it penetrates,and even more, a HEAVY call-in, its usually game over.

#Katitof, sometimes, my friend, RAM annimation is faster than faust one and when theres multiple T34, its nearly imposible to stop them all.

You forget that sometimes the soviet loses more than you lose when he attempts to ram. At the least, one t34 will lose. Sometimes even 3 will be lost for one Tiger. And for panthers... ram and pray.

That is why no one likes using ram. All RNG.
17 Apr 2014, 16:17 PM
Patrion 310

If you have the tank supported it isn't really a problem. Plenty of times when using tigers I have had it rammed and just reversed it out of the fight to be repaired, while the T-34 is still a sitting duck because its immobilized.

Everytime a ram is used, 280mp and 85 fuel is basically just thrown in the bin. OK if you manage to kill a Tiger or something as a result of that then its a good trade off, but thats pretty difficult if the Tiger is being supported by infantry and other AT.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★