Login

russian armor

Thinking on buying first tablet need help

16 Apr 2014, 20:54 PM

Guys I need your feedback Im thinking on buying my first tablet and need your help on what to pick.
Im not good nor know much about them so here is what Im looking for..

• 10"inch + screen but 10 is an minimal.
  • good storage ether already with lots of GBs or option to add card up to 64GBs
  • just WiFi is fine.
  • good thing to play games ( maybe but dont have to ) , watch movies and web stuff .
  • with lots of good pixels as well aka good resolution

umm yah.. what else.. dont really want to go over 300-400$ as well..

I kinda like the ASUS MeMO Pad FHD 10 ME302C-A1 it looks nice but what else ?

DONT WANT Ipad!!
17 Apr 2014, 06:34 AM

I afraid iPad is the best tablet in the market. The smoothness interface and highest quality of screen cannot be competed by all other rival tablet. The only weakness of iPad is no SD card slot.

The new Sony Tablet Z2 is quite good, super light weight, waterproof that you can play it even in bathtub & pool, 16:10 screen. But when it comes to web surfing and E-book, the smoothness and screen quality cannot match iPad Air.

Samsung, Asus Tablet, Surface, are shit, period.
17 Apr 2014, 08:15 AM
Donator 11

Never go with tablets that use windows os and androids are nice, but pretty laggy. Ipad is the best imo, but since you dont want it id go with the android os and dont buy samsung tablets because they tend to suck :P

And that asus tablet looks fine to me, but i am not a expert with tablets :)
17 Apr 2014, 09:11 AM
Honorary Member Badge

my dad an nexus 7 second gen and is good. Yea... Samsung id stay away from and tbh apple is nice functioning (on the amateur user level) but you have to use apple stuff and apple stuff only then there is the price. :O

i can recommend to look into the nexus 7 2013 16gb|32gb (asus tablet)
18 Apr 2014, 01:27 AM

Sony is nice but over the budget, nexus 7 is too small I would like 9-10 inch
18 Apr 2014, 02:46 AM

Hi,

i'm using an Experia Z tablet for streams, movies and surfing. Looks nice and runs smooth, would recommend checking it out.

The Z2 allows microSD, if 32GB is not enough, but it's a bit more on the expensive side.
18 Apr 2014, 02:59 AM

While all these suggestions are fine for a normal tablet, I'd recommend a true PC tablet, like the Surface Pro I use. Runs normal Windows 8, capable of playing many games. However, it struggles with CoH 2, something the Surface Pro 2 can run just fine. Gaming battery life is about 2 and ahlf hours, normal use is 4. The stylus is incredible for surfing/gaming, plus notetaking. IMO no need to buy an iPad or anything else that doesn't run true x86 programs, go for a Surface Pro 2 or a similar true Windows 8 capable tablet.
18 Apr 2014, 03:33 AM

This is good and all but guys dont forget about my budget 300-400$
plus this tablet will be more for my sister then myself..
I might occasionally snag it and use it but not alot
16 Jun 2014, 18:11 PM

I'm a Samsung Note 10.1 owner and I can say it is brilliant! I don't know the price of it in $ (sorry), but it is probably in Your price range. Very smooth interference, 2560 x 1600 resolution, epic multitasking, very good for playing CPU/RAM heavy games (Real Racing 3, Modern Combat 4, Asphalt 8 and etc.) No lag on these games, no lag on videos, no lag on web surfing. I can really recommend you this baby. Heck, I'm even writing from it now! Good luck on choosing! Plus, don't buy the overpriced and overhyped iPads, there are allot of technically superior tablets (including Note 10.1). The only downside, that the Note 10.1 has only 16 GB of space. But it supports MicroSD, so you can get 1 64 GB MicroSD and You are all set! About 400$ if you find a good deal (it is pricey but REALLY worth it!)
16 Jun 2014, 18:13 PM

Why do people say crap about Samsung? They are very good. Probably people only tried their phones (they are complete rubbish!) The tablets are bloody amazing!
16 Jun 2014, 18:38 PM
16 Jun 2014, 20:42 PM

All I can say is don't get a nexus. GF got one and it's crap.
16 Jun 2014, 21:29 PM

There is no logical reason I can see to purchase an android tablet right now. I've had a xoom for years and love it. But with the current landscape a full blow Windows 8 tab would surely be the way to go, particularly because prices are dropping quickly.

You can nab a Razer Edge on the ebay for $600. A tablet that can hold it's own against modern gaming machines.

Why buy a tablet if you can't play coh2 on it??
17 Jun 2014, 07:59 AM

Why do people say crap about Samsung? They are very good. Probably people only tried their phones (they are complete rubbish!) The tablets are bloody amazing!

They never amaze me that a fucking new device, without lag. <444>_<444>
17 Jun 2014, 09:18 AM
Patrion 14

What about the Nexus 10? It's a 10 inch Android tablet, with stock Android (because it's Nexus), which means you don't get all the bloatware that only slows shit down anyway. As far as I can remember it has a screen with an awesome resolution, and since it's a Nexus device it's probably within your budget. The only thing I'm not sure about is the amount of storage, but I'd definitely check it out if I were you.

I don't have any personal experience with the Nexus 10, so you should really check it out for yourself, but I am very happy with my Nexus 7 and Nexus 4 :)

@CactusDude123: I've had a Samsung tablet and it wasn't what I'd call "bloody amazing". It's not the hardware though, it's just the damn software of theirs that makes everything slower than it should be. The Nexus 10 is a Samsung device, but without Samsung software, so they didn't have the chance the fuck that tablet up :P
17 Jun 2014, 10:11 AM

CptEend, I agree, the software isn't good. But as they say "Software cannot run without hardware" (idk why i sayed that lol)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★