Login

russian armor

Option to disable western front armies in automatch

16 Apr 2014, 02:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2014, 15:14 PMKatitof
Since it makes as much sense as disabling specific players in automatch its rather obvious that there is nothing to discuss here.

+1 stupidity....
16 Apr 2014, 04:58 AM

Relic's official response from Reddit Tuesday:

"It seems to be an idea that has some support, and we're not ruling it out. However it's not how we want to proceed at this point. A few drawbacks:

-we hope that the Western Front Armies will be an entry point to the game for players who now only need to spend $12.99 to get into multiplayer, if we immediately limit who they play against it won't be as good of an experience

-this would slow down Automatch and make it less accurate

-this could essentially be used to avoid having to play a faction that you're not good against.

But as I say we're not ruling it out."
16 Apr 2014, 05:44 AM

The problem is Relic should not hurry so much with this Western Fronts add-on. The sensitive balance of the game will be completely fucked up again, and after one year it will still be fucked up. The sensible thing to do would have been to wait untill Coh2 gains some maturity and only after this - develop such a big add-on.
As much as I would like diversity and different armies on WW2 fronts, I think this add-on will feel like a cheap feature, mixing armies that actually never fought togeher one battle. They could remain on the eastern front and add whatever faction they wanted: italians, finns, hungarians, romanians.

One more proof that Relic only cares about monney and doesn't value to much the game balance. Which it's understandable, but in the same time they dont test enough the releases and so we have: OP units, OP commanders, OP factions.

The joy of seeing new units and features will be short, in 2-3 weeks after the release forums will be full of "I can't win with americans... whaaaaa, fucking balance.... whaaa", or "I can't win with germans.... the game is shit because I can't win with germans...."

So frankly, I'm not too excited about this new Western fronts add-on.
16 Apr 2014, 09:17 AM

The problem is Relic should not hurry so much with this Western Fronts add-on. The sensitive balance of the game will be completely fucked up again, and after one year it will still be fucked up. The sensible thing to do would have been to wait untill Coh2 gains some maturity and only after this - develop such a big add-on.
As much as I would like diversity and different armies on WW2 fronts, I think this add-on will feel like a cheap feature, mixing armies that actually never fought togeher one battle. They could remain on the eastern front and add whatever faction they wanted: italians, finns, hungarians, romanians.

One more proof that Relic only cares about monney and doesn't value to much the game balance. Which it's understandable, but in the same time they dont test enough the releases and so we have: OP units, OP commanders, OP factions.

The joy of seeing new units and features will be short, in 2-3 weeks after the release forums will be full of "I can't win with americans... whaaaaa, fucking balance.... whaaa", or "I can't win with germans.... the game is shit because I can't win with germans...."

I disagree.
17 Apr 2014, 15:46 PM

This is all about economics - nothing more.

Basically players aren't interested in the new armies they created in COH2.

They're rushing to give the player base COH1 in COH2's clothing that's all.

Basically the players are not only giving up on COH2 - they're giving up on the franchise as a whole - COH1 is a ghost town compared to what it once was (and they probably don't make much $ out of it anymore) - so before players leave completely they're trying to go back to what people want.

Balance - "realism" etc - that's not important. Cash flow is.

The problem unfortunately here is that the core mechanic differences between COH1 and COH2 - namely the "commander" vs "doctrine" and the asymmetrical/RNG vs near balance/global upgrades still makes COH1 the superior game.

If Relic really want a solid flow of $ AND a happy and thriving community - they should go the route of COH1 HD - leave the core mechanics as they were - forget any more DLC - make minor tweaks based on the balance of Tommy etc (ie. leave the COH2 "balance" team as FAR as humanly possibly AWAY from ANY involvement with COH1 HD) and boom - instant hit.

The problem with COH2 is that they ignored everything "learned" from COH1 - they just followed what they did in DOW instead - slapped a COH label on it - and figured it'd be a hit.

The problem with that is DOW is a game nobody plays anymore - yet COH is still widely cherished.
17 Apr 2014, 15:55 PM

Are you people just forgetting how long it took to balance CoH1? 5 Years or so. The CoH2 balance team is no worse than CoH1's balance team.

And it's just stupid to assume that one of the 2 factions (or both) will be OP, we haven't even seen what their tiers look like, what units they'll have (except for the ones we saw in the trailer) or what commanders they'll get.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★