Login

russian armor

Homing Fausts/AT nades

15 Apr 2014, 14:25 PM

From my understanding this was supposedly addressed in the previous patch, but it seems like at grenades and pzfausts still have unlimited range and home in on the target. This has become on of my biggest problems with the game. I can think of multiple examples of getting fausted through a building or getting hit with an AT nade after reversing my scout car to distances that seem like it should be well out of range. Just wondering what other's opinions are on this at this point and if perhaps relic has mentioned if this is going to be addressed further.
15 Apr 2014, 14:37 PM

After further consideration I am wrong and this needs to stay as is. heh.
15 Apr 2014, 14:44 PM

I'd prefer they stay homing/unlimited range. If not, then I demand that the Trolololol song starts to play every time a panther uses blitzkrieg and runs through your lines at 250mph without risk.
15 Apr 2014, 14:55 PM

I'd prefer they stay homing/unlimited range. If not, then I demand that the Trolololol song starts to play every time a panther uses blitzkrieg and runs through your lines at 250mph without risk.

oh AT nades work on Panthers? I wasn't aware...

This brings up blitz though - which imho is just a bs ability altogether. I would be happier if they all just had something like target weak point or preferably as less-game changing like the ability to cap points.
15 Apr 2014, 14:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2014, 14:55 PMWilliG

This brings up blitz though - which imho is just a bs ability altogether. I would be happier if they all just had something like target weak point or preferably as less-game changing like the ability to cap points.

Not always.

1. Only AT nades thrown on rear armor will penetrate

2. AT nade still does not cancel blitz.
15 Apr 2014, 14:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2014, 14:55 PMWilliG

Well, if it moves by you with warpspeed to target your slow tank destroyers from the rear, you can usually get a AT nade of on the rear of the panther.
15 Apr 2014, 15:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2014, 14:59 PMtokarev

Not always.

1. Only AT nades thrown on rear armor will penetrate

2. AT nade still does not cancel blitz.

I'll refrain from using sarcasm in the future. I'm aware of the penetration values for AT nades and that they always pen panthers from the rear.
15 Apr 2014, 15:17 PM

Yea, I never considered this. Good call.
15 Apr 2014, 15:52 PM

:lol::lol::lol:
Loved it!:clap:
15 Apr 2014, 15:58 PM

I would rather have the Trollololo song playing, but that's just my opinion MVGame

On a more serious note:
At-nades/buttoning/mines are the only tools at your disposal to counter blitz'd armor, though each one is not 100% guaranteed considering buttoning=smoke',mines=ability to draw your opponent over it with luck on your side, AT-nades= 50% chance of damaging engine, but blitzkrieg is still operational.
So honestly limiting the AT-nade radius is a bad idea imo, and should only be done once Blitzkrieg is nerfed alongside with it.
Neo
15 Apr 2014, 16:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2014, 15:58 PMVonIvan

I would rather have the Trollololo song playing, but that's just my opinion MVGame

On a more serious note:
At-nades/buttoning/mines are the only tools at your disposal to counter blitz'd armor, though each one is not 100% guaranteed considering buttoning=smoke',mines=ability to draw your opponent over it with luck on your side, AT-nades= 50% chance of damaging engine, but blitzkrieg is still operational.
So honestly limiting the AT-nade radius is a bad idea imo, and should only be done once Blitzkrieg is nerfed alongside with it.

Yeah, this is a serious factor to consider.

The AT nade/faust mechanic feels a bit cheesy right now but if you take that away, tanks become 3 times as powerful in an instant.
15 Apr 2014, 17:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2014, 15:04 PMWilliG

I'll refrain from using sarcasm in the future. I'm aware of the penetration values for AT nades and that they always pen panthers from the rear.

Oh my bad, for a second I thought you are serious
15 Apr 2014, 18:05 PM

I think coh1 had it right with fausts and sticky bombs. Just imitate that same design.
15 Apr 2014, 18:17 PM

Faust in coh1 didnt do motor breakup, right?
15 Apr 2014, 18:32 PM

Faust in coh1 didnt do motor breakup, right?

Yeah, it didn't damage the engine.
15 Apr 2014, 19:46 PM

I'd like to see it like at Coh1.

Maybe increase a bit the AT/faust range (and damage and munition) but it should be mandatory to finish the animation until the bomb is launched.
16 Apr 2014, 04:21 AM

What really gets me is when a german player simply issues an attack on an M3A1 scout car. The squad will simple continuously move forward if you're kiting back. If you are on any map other than steppes or have the slightly off micro they will eventually either A) launch double panzerschreck which will fire around a corner and hit you at a range of what looks to be 50. or B) fire a panzerfaust and home rocket to a range of what appears to be about 50, through a wooden fence and a tree and insta dmg engine, no mater where the faust hit - it damaged the engine.

Sure you may force a retreat once or twice. But eventually the RNG/vehicle pathing will catch up to you.

because that makes sense. and that makes sense because that is the way the game is balanced and designed.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★