Login

russian armor

(1v1) Donetz Convoy

15 Apr 2014, 02:28 AM

Hello COH2 fans.

I would like to share my first map with you all. Its a small map i was trying to work on for the map contest, but I couldnt finish it in time. So here it is anyway.
Its a small 1v1 map centered around a destroyed German convoy. Its tight, there's no two ways about it. You will be capping one flag shooting at the enemy capping across the road. But it was very funny to make. I hope you will try it and give me some feed back on it. Thanks

(1v1) Donetz Convoy
[url=http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=249354047]http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=249354047

15 Apr 2014, 05:05 AM

This map looks really fun! Good Job!
Here are some things I would like for you to implement before I play this with my friends:
- 1) add negative(red) cover along the main roads near middle vp, and maybe in some other areas on the top and bottom side.
- 2) make the fuel and munition points for the bot swapped so the map is more symmetrical

- 3) Fix the map (the black edges around a what im guessing is the real map):

- 4) Make the middle vp be a connecting territory.. It would be super sick... (this allows the player to have more options for taking the map through the middle. For example:

-5 put hedges to divide the map in half and add truesight tactics / choke point tactics. I think a good place for that would be below the vp between the two strat points where there are wrecked vehicles. (I would replace the vehicles with it)

If you do decide to implement some of these things post a reply here, and PLEASE PM ME ON STEAM!! Would love to play this map, and stream it! C-:
15 Apr 2014, 06:10 AM

Hey, thanks for the feedback JaminRock. I will look into making changes to the map to make it better. lets see #1-2 are easy enough. I have no idea why #3 is that way. I'm guessing the minimap tga file is too small? So I'll look into it. #4 is doable too. #5 I'm not sure i understand where on the map your at talking about. I'll try my best and get back to you when i make some changes.

Thank you again for your input.
Muddy

This map looks really fun! Good Job!
Here are some things I would like for you to implement before I play this with my friends:
- 1) add negative(red) cover along the main roads near middle vp, and maybe in some other areas on the top and bottom side.
- 2) make the fuel and munition points for the bot swapped so the map is more symmetrical

- 3) Fix the map (the black edges around a what im guessing is the real map):

- 4) Make the middle vp be a connecting territory.. It would be super sick... (this allows the player to have more options for taking the map through the middle. For example:

-5 put hedges to divide the map in half and add truesight tactics / choke point tactics. I think a good place for that would be below the vp between the two strat points where there are wrecked vehicles. (I would replace the vehicles with it)

If you do decide to implement some of these things post a reply here, and PLEASE PM ME ON STEAM!! Would love to play this map, and stream it! C-:
15 Apr 2014, 08:59 AM
Donator 11

You can change the minimap by going into your map files, you see the mapfile ''(your map name).OPTIONS''

you look at the line that says:

minimap_size =
{
}

you can copy that or just change it yourself, it should make the minimap the right size!

of course after you've changed it, you have to open the worldbuilder and export your package and update it in the steam workshop
15 Apr 2014, 10:02 AM

Something like this. Be creative :)

I hope you can find a way to keep the theme you were looking for !
15 Apr 2014, 13:26 PM

Ok some things have been changed but i ran into a problem.

How do i go about setting Neg cover on an area? No read this in an old post.

Most arnhem roads have neg cover, just use them and place them under your desired road if those have no neg cover and set the opacity to zero. You can check if a road has neg cover if you activate the "terrain cover" overlay. everything red is neg cover.
comment by Brummbær

So i had a look but couldn't find any "Arnhem" roads. I know its an urban road, but where is it and whats the name? Anyone know?
16 Apr 2014, 00:13 AM

ok changes made and updated file on steam.

Thank you Invictus for the MM info.

Updated the map a bit. Change notes.
1: added neg cover around main road capping points to increase danger.
2: Swapped the locates of northern fuel and ammo points to mirror southern map design.
3: fixed mini-map error
4: added fence and moved wreck locations in southern area to create more danger in capping.

Thank you for the feed back
Muddy
14 May 2014, 18:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2014, 00:13 AMMuddy
ok changes made and updated file on steam.

Thank you Invictus for the MM info.

Updated the map a bit. Change notes.
1: added neg cover around main road capping points to increase danger.
2: Swapped the locates of northern fuel and ammo points to mirror southern map design.
3: fixed mini-map error
4: added fence and moved wreck locations in southern area to create more danger in capping.

Thank you for the feed back
Muddy

Can you tell me how you added neg. cover?

Placing roads with neg. cover and then made them invisible?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★