Login

russian armor

which faction has more powerful CORE units ?

are the german CORE infantry units more powerful than the soviet CORE infantry units ?
Option Distribution Votes
86%
14%
are the german CORE vehicles more powerful than the soviet CORE vehicles ?
Option Distribution Votes
91%
9%
Total votes: 88
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
14 Apr 2014, 19:18 PM

just wondering what the masses think......

looking at my rank/stats....yes i play more soviets.....the only reason that is true is.....i have to wait longer to get a game as germans.....i don't have alot of time to play.....i don't have time to waste waiting for a game to start....that is the reason i play mostly soviets....
14 Apr 2014, 19:29 PM
Honorary Member Badge

you fucked up god damn it so close. :) (searching for rare and mythological unbiased pole.)
14 Apr 2014, 19:29 PM

Thing is, one side has "more powerful" core units by design.

I think the question should be more complicated than that in order to get some meaningful value out of it.
14 Apr 2014, 19:31 PM

Thing is, one side has "more powerful" core units by design.

I think the question should be more complicated than that in order to get some meaningful value out of it.

one may be designed to be more powerful.....then what is the design of the "other" army ?

cheaper ?
spammable ?
etc
14 Apr 2014, 19:40 PM

one may be designed to be more powerful.....then what is the design of the "other" army ?

cheaper ?
spammable ?
etc

I would think the intent is obvious.

The fact that it makes balancing a nightmare or that it's not really a historically accurate representation is a whole other matter.
Neo
14 Apr 2014, 19:42 PM

Is this a trick question? :)
14 Apr 2014, 19:53 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Wait til after the patch to do this thread.
14 Apr 2014, 20:01 PM

This thread is poop.

[X] Veto
14 Apr 2014, 20:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2014, 19:53 PMBudwise
Wait til after the patch to do this thread.

who knows when the next patch is coming.....only matters what state the game is NOW....
14 Apr 2014, 20:27 PM

The correct poll would have been:

Which faction has the strongest core units:
- Soviets
- Germans
- None

That said, it's obvious that germany has both the more powerful core tanks and the more powerful core infantry.
14 Apr 2014, 22:13 PM

They just finalized the patch notes so not long at all.
15 Apr 2014, 00:31 AM

Yes for infantry, no for vehicles. Vehicles are pretty balanced, there are some things I would change like reverting FHT back to a T2 upgrade, make Katyusha fire all its rockets at once like the Panzerwerfer does, and increasing accuracy significantly on both Ostwind and SU76. German stuff is a little better but also more expensive, pound for pound its pretty even as far as general purpose and tank destroyers go.
15 Apr 2014, 03:04 AM

This poll is pretty biased because even though the Germans infantry are better the Soviet infantry. The Soviets make up for it for it's many squad wiping weapons. German tanks are better at killing other tanks, but that's because Soviet tanks are meant to take on both infantry and tanks which means they sacrifice their AT capabilities for killing infantry as well. Ingame, they already do good damage to other tanks but wipe out infantry squads as well. I have to repeat this so many times because some people are just not realizing it.
15 Apr 2014, 03:15 AM

This poll is pretty biased because even though the Germans infantry are better the Soviet infantry. The Soviets make up for it for it's many squad wiping weapons. German tanks are better at killing other tanks, but that's because Soviet tanks are meant to take on both infantry and tanks which means they sacrifice their AT capabilities for killing infantry as well. Ingame, they already do good damage to other tanks but wipe out infantry squads as well. I have to repeat this so many times because some people are just not realizing it.

Except they are all late game, and all it takes for the Germans is their usual early game dominance and all those one shotting weapons *POOF* no longer exist. People do realize it, but wth. How the hell do you pull one of those weapons out if you are toast? And if soviets are somehow winning, with the current meta, those weapons reward the soviets for doing the impossible.
15 Apr 2014, 04:29 AM

which faction has stonger/more DOCTRINAL units?
15 Apr 2014, 04:47 AM

Except they are all late game, and all it takes for the Germans is their usual early game dominance and all those one shotting weapons *POOF* no longer exist. People do realize it, but wth. How the hell do you pull one of those weapons out if you are toast? And if soviets are somehow winning, with the current meta, those weapons reward the soviets for doing the impossible.

Oh, you think I'm just talking about Is2s and ISU152s? no, I'm also talking about mines, precision strike, and demo charges. Losing an entire squad from a mine is really common, but what else would you expect from a mine with a large splash radius that does over 100+ damage. Germans also don't have an equivalent to demo charges like they did in Company of Heroes. You can outnumber your German opponent just by using these weapon to shorten their numbers.
15 Apr 2014, 05:24 AM

Oh, you think I'm just talking about Is2s and ISU152s? no, I'm also talking about mines, precision strike, and demo charges. Losing an entire squad from a mine is really common, but what else would you expect from a mine with a large splash radius that does over 100+ damage. Germans also don't have an equivalent to demo charges like they did in Company of Heroes. You can outnumber your German opponent just by using these weapon to shorten their numbers.

Poor Germans! Too bad they cant afford minesweepers. Too bad they dont have panzerschrecks like they did in the war. Shame lmg's are not even doctrinal, and g43's are nonexistant.

Lol, give me a break. Russians are usually caught doing those things listed, and the soviet's early game attempt to gain control fails because they keep losing land and not gain any in return. I still dont see precision strike because my german mortar vets up faster with its super fire rate, and i never allow soviet mortars to vet as i can rifle nade it when it is halfway retreating in the de-setup animation, and the g43 would finish them off as they run, dropping the mortar. Demo charges? Seriously? Just dont use bridges. How many german tigers ive wiped using it... when they didnt bother going the safe way around. All soviets can do is stall. Their army size does not scale like russians should, yet germans outtech them like germans should. Callins make or break Russians, while german callins are frosting on the cake as german infantry are more versatile as russians do not really have an advantage in numbers, nevertheless, basic stock damage. Their squad size means they die slower. All they are right now is a piece of meat that is slowly beaten to submission until all that is left is sludge. Again, all that is listed is nonexistant if Germans are smart enough to get the early game advantage that they usually get. Range beats all. History proves it. Current meta usually ends up with Soviets in a gore fest, either relying on incompetent German players to win, or the very few for whatever reason who slave away attempting to make something of the Soviets. But no one would bother with that. Why would you? So why would the Soviet players?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★