Login

russian armor

WiFi's Tournament of Gamekeys II Teaser

13 Apr 2014, 22:36 PM
Honorary Member Badge

The time has come for me to announce to you all that there will indeed be a second iteration of WTOG. For those of you asking yourselves, "What is WTOG?", it is a simply abbreviation for my very own custom made tournament. This is WiFi's Tourney of Gamekeys II and it is a tournament based on the idea of crowd or community funding. This in turn then allowing the community to donate to the prize pool, making the tourney as big as the community allows it to be without having such a huge impact on wallets. If you're curious about how it all started, take a look at the original thread.

Core Details

• 64-Man Tournament
  • Best of Three Matches
  • Single Elimination
  • 1v1 Structure Tournament
  • Duration: Two Days (dates TBA)

Signups

The signup period will be in the week or two weeks leading up to the tournament, so please remain patient as I bring everything together. Contrary to the previous tournament, signups will be conducted via e-mail, not over the COH2.ORG forums. This is done to keep private information private and open up pathways to any and all players across all the communities.

Tournament Date

Put simply, there is no defined tournament date yet. Personally I don't really like asking for donations before I have a set date for a tournament, however if we want to get this project moving I need to start now. My plan as it stands is to set the tournament date, hopefully, after this month's balance patch, if there is even one at all. I will also be allowing time for the Map Making Contest entries to grow, mature and be finalised.

Community Map Making Contest

I am personally very excited to announce that I will be doing some collaboration work with the COH2 Map Making Contest. I will be selecting two or three custom community made maps, likely 1v1 or 2v2 format maps, to be featured in the tournament. Maps chosen will be dictated by the information from The Bickering Table, their thoughts and actual play testing done by various members of the community.

Donations

Wish to donate to this up and coming project? Don't worry if you don't have a lot of money, that is the pure beauty of all of this. Simply find yourself a Steam sale or Humble Bundle and that's more than enough. Your next step is to contact me via these methods: Steam or e-mail , using the appropriate format provided in the spoiler below.

Note: Accepted types of donations include the following,
  • Game Keys (Any kind will do, as long as legitimate)
  • Steam Gifts
  • Humble Bundle Gifts

See below for appropriate e-mail format procedure,

Volunteers

If you don't have the available funds or game keys and still want to help out, I am looking for volunteers who will pledge their time and love to the tournament. I will be on the lookout for volunteers for various roles, however the list below outlines the roles I am currently looking to fill. (list is subject to change)

• Referees/Admins - Your jobs will include resolving disputes, managing player movements and just provide general help throughout the tournament.
  • Map Testers/Advisers - Your jobs will include play testing and judging the maps, so I need someone who will be fair, concise and judge each map fairly. Give me honest feedback and tell me what your opinions are of the custom maps.

Question For You

I am wondering what you as the players and general community think about commander bulletins and doctrines in relation to tournaments. Please let me know what your thoughts and opinions are, as this will help me in my final decision for the finer details of the tournament.

Questions & Queries

If any of you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask me. I am available on Steam, on the this thread and the COH2.ORG forums in general.

Hope to hear from you all soon and I can't wait to get this project up and running, so make sure you get involved!
16 Apr 2014, 07:45 AM

Looking forward to this a lot, been so much 2v2 tournaments lately.
16 Apr 2014, 22:50 PM

Me too will be fun to spectate. One of these days I need to get off my ass and upgrade my rig so I can be competitive....
16 Apr 2014, 23:19 PM

Permanently Banned
I expected a trailer or something
17 Apr 2014, 08:44 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Doh a trailler i should have thought of that. though even if i did id have to make one and i havn't made an avi in a long time. ;) the reason i called it that is because the original document got split into 2 so i had to make a name for it and i picked tesaser. :)
17 Apr 2014, 09:32 AM

Cool plan!
If help needed, pm!
19 Apr 2014, 20:05 PM
Honorary Member Badge

added alink to the prize pool, well as it currently stands now. I will be updating it regularly. :)

note: the prize pool isn't final. :)
28 Apr 2014, 01:20 AM
Honorary Member Badge

got another donation :D (list will be updated asap)
1 May 2014, 09:27 AM

:o nice!!!! wifidi <444>3
1 May 2014, 09:50 AM
Honorary Member Badge

thanks all who have donated for this tourney so far

jheartless (donated watchdogs), kosmique, con, vonkluge

and all the donators from my preivous tournament (and there left over games)

Computer heat, Fegeline and everyone else.

and not to forget the volunteers
kreatir, sherif, and brent :D
2 May 2014, 12:56 PM

No problem. This helps the game as a whole. I will gladly pitch in cash to keep COH2 alive :D

GL with the Tourney.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS