Login

russian armor

Mirror matches in auto-match/tournaments

14 Apr 2014, 07:51 AM

And actually no they didnt try it. Relic included it in the game but everyone(Not "everyone" just everyone in that vocal few mentioned in above post) raised such a freaking stink so bad before it was given a chance that relic took it out before release and before alpha and beta tests. So agian no it was never tried.

Go custom match there you can Play your boring and brainless ost vs ost, sov vs sov all day.
14 Apr 2014, 13:37 PM

I've asked this question a few times before and after release. I've learnt that on this site at least, people care more to have 'realism' in the factions and matchups than competitive balance. I don't agree with that, but I can accept that most people on this site (or so it seems) would have it that way. I can live with it, by the game's design (RNG most obviously) it's not really skewed towards pure competition and balance anyway. I'll probably get back into the game more when US/OBKW drop but I'll do my best to keep in mind not to take the game too seriously competitively.
It would be cool to see mirrors in automatch by option though :)
14 Apr 2014, 14:16 PM
Honorary Member Badge

with the way new factions are being interduced i wouldn't be surprised if a new tournament system was forced. :(

i don't like it because of the RNG combined with the asymmetrical balance. (nothing to do with realism though that would be weird.) if relic really wanted it and they decided it was good they would have kept it despite what the player said i think. ;) (in automatch)

but in 2v2 and up is where it really breaks things. t34s and panthers are just one example. also the way they are balanced to play off of each other one controls the early game and one late. the coh1/coh2 factions weren't really designed to be used with each other but to play off each other which is the other problem.

mirrored German matches do work the best though imo. :)

Warning: politics have nothing to do with this thread, nor does name calling.

14 Apr 2014, 15:14 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

BTW: mirror matches only for 1v1. 2v2 and up would bring something really chaotic.
15 Apr 2014, 12:31 PM

Indeed, I've played a few mixed army 2v2s, and everyone was just confused, even with player color on.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★