11 Apr 2014, 22:10 PM

Tiger takes less time to destroy 2 T34 than destroy a KV-8

Is that KV-8 OP ? or its fine :/
Neo
11 Apr 2014, 22:17 PM

Yes, Tiger is OP.

:)
11 Apr 2014, 22:34 PM

KV-8 is by nature an anti-infantry tank. It's 45mm can be useful against armored cars, but switching takes too long for that to be worthwhile in my opinion.

Sacrifice some grenadiers to knock out the KV-8's engine, and it's doomed against a Tiger. In general, it's doomed against a Tiger anyway. There's nothing it can do against it.
11 Apr 2014, 23:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2014, 22:17 PMNeo
Yes, Tiger is OP.

:)

Don't comment like an illiterate ppl. make a constructive comment
Neo
11 Apr 2014, 23:11 PM

Don't comment like an illiterate ppl. make a constructive comment

You really should look up the meaning of "illiterate" in the dictionary before posting shit like this :)
11 Apr 2014, 23:30 PM

A single tiger can take out >10 KV8s. Tiger OP?
11 Apr 2014, 23:51 PM

A single tiger can take out >10 KV8s. Tiger OP?

an IS2 can take out 1000 german halftrack, is IS2 OP ?
12 Apr 2014, 00:02 AM

an IS2 can take out 1000 german halftrack, is IS2 OP ?

I think so, yes! A thousand is a lot! :O

Anyway, the KV-8 is designed to do 2 things:

1: Kill infantry.
2: Absorb damage.

It does both those things well, but it has plenty of downsides that can be exploited by a German player. Namely:
- Sub-average speed.
- Short range.
- Close to 0 AT capabilities.
12 Apr 2014, 00:41 AM

Yes Kv8 is OP as hell. Tiger is crap. Just get a panther and trollolol with superchange blitz through 100000 at nades and t34 pricks.
12 Apr 2014, 00:56 AM

KV-8 is by nature an anti-infantry tank. It's 45mm can be useful against armored cars, but switching takes too long for that to be worthwhile in my opinion.

Sacrifice some grenadiers to knock out the KV-8's engine, and it's doomed against a Tiger. In general, it's doomed against a Tiger anyway. There's nothing it can do against it.

My god, charging in your infantry into a KV-8 is an idiotic move. Don't listen to this man.
12 Apr 2014, 03:03 AM

Er no, I think what OP trying to say is : it's talking so damn long to kill a KV-8 because of it super heavy armor.

The was a time in 2vs2 my mate Elephant shoot a KV-8 Head on and the round bounce off, I was like what the fuck ?
12 Apr 2014, 03:37 AM

You should see what its like having an ISU-152 and watching it ping off Panthers as they blitz towards it...
12 Apr 2014, 03:48 AM

Last time I was in a situation where Tigers were stacked up against KV-8s, it took 2 Tigers around 60 seconds to waste one, attacking from the side.
12 Apr 2014, 04:09 AM

I just used a KV8 yesterday and base rushed someone who had Panzershrecks, and an AT gun. I rushed my KV8 into the pak gun without flanking it. The KV8 burned the pak gun the Panzershreck pgrens and all the infantry in the base. Then I move to the next base and burned every infantry there, then enemy made a Stug to get some quick AT so I try to escape with my KV8. While the Stug was pursuing it was firing at the KV8s rear the whole time, three times have the rounds bounced off, the KV8s rear. The KV8 escaped to safety while the Stug was forced to retreat.

This needs to be fixed.
12 Apr 2014, 04:13 AM

Last time I was in a situation where Tigers were stacked up against KV-8s, it took 2 Tigers around 60 seconds to waste one, attacking from the side.

That is a bit of an exaggeration... If both Tigers were only firing at it and nothing else, you might as well have flanked it... You could try flanking kv-8's. If it wasnt for that good frontal armor, no one would use it. Fortunately for germans, blitz helps with that. Even a panzer IV penetrates at least 3/4 shots when hitting it in the back, and because front and rear armor divide through the middle of the tank, all you need to see is get a shot off near the back. That is how i kill all KV-8's, unless they hit a mine and get aten.
12 Apr 2014, 04:25 AM

I just used a KV8 yesterday and base rushed someone who had Panzershrecks, and an AT gun. I rushed my KV8 into the pak gun without flanking it. The KV8 burned the pak gun the Panzershreck pgrens and all the infantry in the base. Then I move to the next base and burned every infantry there, then enemy made a Stug to get some quick AT so I try to escape with my KV8. While the Stug was pursuing it was firing at the KV8s rear the whole time, three times have the rounds bounced off, the KV8s rear. The KV8 escaped to safety while the Stug was forced to retreat.

This needs to be fixed.

He didnt have armor on the field yet, and he sounds horribly unprepared if he was not able to enforce any sort of position with what AT units he had... Rus saw tons of AT INFANTRY. So of course, he gets out his HEAVY AI COUNTER. Because, you know... what else are KV-8's supposes to do for their cost? He lost because you were better than him? That is how people lose? He had counters, but failed to use them.
12 Apr 2014, 04:43 AM

He didnt have armor on the field yet, and he sounds horribly unprepared if he was not able to enforce any sort of position with what AT units he had... Rus saw tons of AT INFANTRY. So of course, he gets out his HEAVY AI COUNTER. Because, you know... what else are KV-8's supposes to do for their cost? He lost because you were better than him? That is how people lose? He had counters, but failed to use them.

Can you tell the difference between a good counter and overdoing it? Of course the thing is supposed to counter infantry, but it's just too good. It can not only counter infantry, but it can also resist tank shells. Even the Elefant rounds sometimes bounces off the KV8. How would you feel if the Elefant shoots as fast as a Tiger and have blitz? Should I just reply "well it's supposed to counter tanks anyways." There is a line to which it's too OP. Taking out a Pak gun and a Pgren squad? ok, but all of that and running back to base with a Stug hitting it's rear all the way home? a bit too much.
12 Apr 2014, 04:49 AM

If KV-8 keep it's stat now but increase its abandon rate, I will be happy :lol:

I tried two times sending a KV-8 (vetted by elite) back to Soviet base and watch them whine :P

because they have nothing stopping this Turtle of Lucifer
12 Apr 2014, 05:01 AM

Can you tell the difference between a good counter and overdoing it? Of course the thing is supposed to counter infantry, but it's just too good. It can not only counter infantry, but it can also resist tank shells. Even the Elefant rounds sometimes bounces off the KV8. How would you feel if the Elefant shoots as fast as a Tiger and have blitz? Should I just reply "well it's supposed to counter tanks anyways." There is a line to which it's too OP. Taking out a Pak gun and a Pgren squad? ok, but all of that and running back to base with a Stug hitting it's rear all the way home? a bit too much.

Would making it slower make you happy? So that sad stug can actually overtake it and kill it when the kv-8 is halfway home? Practically anything pushes off AT guns(obviously paks are the ones tortured the most), so them dying is very common. I myself get ansy when just one guy dies in my panzergrenadier schreck squad... but once, i microed a pak and two schreck squads, killing 6 t34/85's... (8 at once! My panther got aten in 5 seconds and only killed one) of course, allowing such a thing to happen means my team lost a long time ago, but intense microing of panzerschrecks can sometimes be very effective... would a slower kv-8 getting hit by a pak a few more time (more shots might penetrate), schrecks can somewhat dodge it and fight a little before retreating, and the stalking stug actually kills its target? Not the KV-1, though. That thing has the same AI as the t34.

I just find it really weird sometimes. My two teammates with 2 panzer IV's were not able to kill a KV-8 (and both were truly shooting at it, ignore the more important t34's) and all i did was a pull a pak from my base, hit it a few times, got vet and targetted weak point, and then it was dead in less than 15 seconds, in which my pak nearly penetrated all shots (i flanked its back) and only two grenadiers and apparently several friendly paks/zis (somehow? I dont even know...) were killed.
And then as russians, my silly teammate thought he could roflstomp the enemy by sneaking an su-85 and a kv-8 to their base. He managed to kill tier 1 and 2, but two panzer IV's fell back to the base and destroyed them.

Skill and RNG, i guess. Who knows?
12 Apr 2014, 05:03 AM

What about the Brummbar? It's non-doctrinal and in my experience wrecks AT guns no problem. Its armour isn't as good though. Thoughts on that?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 92
unknown 14

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment