Login

russian armor

Cheating in Company of Heroes 2 (news from Relic)

PAGES (10)down
11 Apr 2014, 18:44 PM

Is the use of ahk considered as cheating ? Even if it doesn't get detected by the anti cheat measures should I feel bad for using it ? o_O
2 of 5 Relic postsRelic 11 Apr 2014, 18:44 PM

a) it was map hacking
b) this was a first action since we hadn't done much for hacking since the CoH2 launch - stats resets won't be the only tool we use going forward
11 Apr 2014, 18:52 PM

Permanently Banned
LOOOOL , Raz fail.

edit: I always thought he used kind of methods(btw he still couldnot beat me Kappa), no way he has that rank without playing CoH1 before.
11 Apr 2014, 18:54 PM
Coder Red Badge

People were banned for flaming a few months after CoH2 was released, I'm surprised people who have been caught actually cheating in multiplayer have only had their stats reset.
11 Apr 2014, 18:58 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2014, 18:54 PMInverse
People were banned for flaming a few months after CoH2 was released, I'm surprised people who have been caught actually cheating in multiplayer have only had their stats reset.

As noun mentioned, it was only the first step.
11 Apr 2014, 18:59 PM
Coder Red Badge

I understand that. Just pointing out that people have been banned for far less in the past.
3 of 5 Relic postsRelic 11 Apr 2014, 19:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2014, 18:54 PMInverse

That issue did not start with a ban, nor even arrive at a ban at all. Players were suspended, indefinitely in some cases. All have since been reinstated.
11 Apr 2014, 19:03 PM
Coder Red Badge

4 of 5 Relic postsRelic 11 Apr 2014, 19:06 PM

To be clear for us:

suspension = temporary removal from the game - we do this for griefing, language, harassment and other things where we hope that a sharp warning will clear things up

ban = complete removal from online play with no end date

Both processes are open to appeals, but a suspension tends to have a build in end-date. 1 day, 3 days, 1 week, 1 month.

Bans we don't intend to end unless a compelling reason is presented for us to do so.

11 Apr 2014, 19:07 PM

Hit 'em hard, Relic!
11 Apr 2014, 19:23 PM
Donator 11

Dear Noun! There should be no warnings for cheaters. I swear if you dont ban those players ill stop playing coh2. Cheating should not be tolerated in ANY circumstances AT ALL!

I will never believe his teammates didnt have a clue about cheating. During games he definetely provide some infos that would be suspicious to non cheating teammate.
HUGE BLACK SPOT ON THE RTN CLAN!
11 Apr 2014, 19:30 PM

Dear Noun! There should be no warnings for cheaters. I swear if you dont ban those players ill stop playing coh2. Cheating should not be tolerated in ANY circumstances AT ALL!

I will never believe his teammates didnt have a clue about cheating. During games he definetely provide some infos that would be suspicious to non cheating teammate.

Lol, calm down, they're gonna be hasher the next time something like this happens.
11 Apr 2014, 19:38 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

I don't think you should fault RTN for this. With abiliets like Radio intercept and G43 interrogation you can have some of the same effects.
11 Apr 2014, 19:53 PM

We honestly had no clue that it was happening. I streamed multiple tournaments with him on my team and I don't think anyone involved in the games, or watching the games had any suspicion. You can view the VODs for proof that he didn't provide me with any unfair information. Granted, the wins feel shallow given that he could have been hacking during the games.
11 Apr 2014, 19:59 PM

We are burning 1 of the 15. Think big picture folks.
11 Apr 2014, 20:03 PM

Permanently Banned
11 Apr 2014, 20:06 PM

Am I the only one who is rather glad that they are taking steps against cheating in general, then having someone and everyone associated with him burned at stake?
11 Apr 2014, 20:08 PM

Any steps against cheating are better than none, especially when you consider how passive it was with regards to DoW2. So if Relic is indeed making progress and is going to be consistent in doing so that's a big +
11 Apr 2014, 20:11 PM

15 ain't that large of a number really, so happy days and nice to know Relic are active in this area. Raz gets the attention cause he was the highest ranked of the bunch.

To be fair to RtN, they'll take some flak now and i'm sure the community that we are, we'll amply remind them every so often with some light hearted banter/trolling ;).

But the reality is, we all probably are associated with or have known someone in life that has done far worse then cheating in a game! Does not necessarily reflect on us, and without proof that RtN knew about this or that it is widespread in the clan, I think we can all safely move on..(and troll them just a tad about it anyways :D)
11 Apr 2014, 20:17 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2014, 19:53 PMCieZ

We honestly had no clue that it was happening. I streamed multiple tournaments with him on my team and I don't think anyone involved in the games, or watching the games had any suspicion. You can view the VODs for proof that he didn't provide me with any unfair information. Granted, the wins feel shallow given that he could have been hacking during the games.

Fair enough. I forgot you also stream occasionaly. But what was happening when you didnt stream? Take that as half troll as you would be probably be banned too if you cheated.

On the side note. I hope he gets kicked out of beta and the RtN clan.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS