Login

russian armor

Which Soviet infantry is best at the moment?

10 Apr 2014, 22:15 PM

Trying to play as soviets and its hard. My skill isnt the best either. How do you rate the soviet infantry? And why? At the moment I think PPsh are the best way to go.
1 Ppsh
2 Consc
3 Penals
4 Guards
5 Irregulars
6 Shocks
7 Engineers

I dont have partisans and snipers and supportunits is a a different story. Maybe I should have put guards with lmgs and penals with flamers in here to but dont know if they are good or bad.
10 Apr 2014, 22:35 PM

They all perform very different at different ranges.

PPSH - point blank only.
Cons - short distance, probably lose anyway unless being charged by a noob and already in green cover.
Penals - short distance, with flamethrower upgrade they can take a Pgren depending on RNG of flame crits.
Guards - long distance with upgrade, I like.
Irregulars - depends what weapon they get.
Shocks - point blank only.
Engineers - useless without flamethrower. May win vs a pio if already in green cover.

And point blank now literally means your squad is touching the enemy squad. In fact all of them should be right on top, if they are spread out too much the DPS drops.

10 Apr 2014, 22:37 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

None of them are quite as strong as G43/LMG Grens. Guards with DPs are solid, well micro'd Irregulars are decent. PPSH cons arent that bad, the problem is getting close without losing too many guys on the way in.

In team games I virtually never go cons. Snipers, flame car, guards into tanks - or - Maxims, mortar, AT gun, shocks.

Basic infantry combat without combined arms does not fair well for soviets.
10 Apr 2014, 23:14 PM

Which Soviet infantry is best at the moment?

Guards, being the only infantry that actually can sit in cover and fight over distance longer then rifle barrel.

Irregulars are decent firepower wise, but nuclear mortar nade and they are done.

Partisans are also solid option, but obviously not as main line infantry.
10 Apr 2014, 23:34 PM

Partisans. Don't argue. It's just the way it is.
11 Apr 2014, 06:12 AM

Depending on the game stage.
I find guards to sensitive, shocks are different from what they used to be, my vote will go for the penals. At least, in start game, you can relay on them, and sometimes even in all game stages.
11 Apr 2014, 07:46 AM

I find the best thing to do is spam Cons

As many as you can. (just don't leave your base) or

:gimpy:
11 Apr 2014, 07:49 AM
Donator 11

Party Zans! use them to surprise flank the enemy, but only on certain maps with lots of buildings
11 Apr 2014, 08:43 AM

Maxim. If you try use infantry, you lose hard versus LMG42 and G43.
16 Apr 2014, 04:22 AM

The best soviet inf at the moment?

The one with a white flag, that's the best soviet inf.
16 Apr 2014, 04:29 AM

Like most things in CoH, it's situational. All infantry units are usable and useful depending on what your build is and what your opponent chooses to do. If he spams bunkers penals are good. If he goes t2 heavy guards are good. If he is trying to skip t2 and go straight for t3 then shock troops are good, but only on maps where you can flank with them. Conscripts are always useful.
16 Apr 2014, 05:21 AM

Penals, Maxims, Guards, Snipers. Penals actually do dps at close range and with flamethrower can stay at medium without getting gimped too hard.

Maxims can be a-moved very quickly to deal with a wide assortment of area denial where Penals can move in. Their quick set up and break-down time means they can traverse across the map and aggressively push.

Guards with DP, although expensive and prone to dropping weapons, have fairly good DPS at mid range and can engage all German infantry without getting chewed up like Penals and Conscripts. Their presence on the field is nearly a must when opening T1, and can deny SC / HT, allowing Snipers freedom to bleed the German war machine.

Snipers are vital in bleeding and forcing retreats. Dual snipers force retreats after a single volley. Sniper-guard combo is good against Germany's scout car pokes.

---

Conscripts just have pathetic DPS and don't do much.

Combat Engineers are almost worthless on the field if not for their ability to mine and demo. With flames they turn decent, but otherwise they are absolutely pointless. They're just meat sacs that shoot pellets to tickle the German infantry.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★