Login

russian armor

ideas on tanks

10 Apr 2014, 07:02 AM

blitz: have it that blizt is on al vet lvls the same speed and after blitz it has an engin over heat so it needs a bit of time to cool down.
also its accuracy sould be very low on all target so its an gtfo abbilati or to get somwhere fast and stand stil and shoot

t34 a but more basic speed with it a higher gun trun rate

on the german tanks i would like to see a slower gun turn rate so that a t34 with very good micro a t34 can uit run the gun turn rate of a p4 and it sould be able to out run a p5 bit esyer then a p4

doesnt mean t34 can not beat a p4 or p5 but that those tanks need to stay at som range so they have the turn rate that matches the speed from a sov tank until its get 'under its gun'
10 Apr 2014, 08:37 AM

blitz: have it that blizt is on al vet lvls the same speed and after blitz it has an engin over heat so it needs a bit of time to cool down.
also its accuracy sould be very low on all target so its an gtfo abbilati or to get somwhere fast and stand stil and shoot

t34 a but more basic speed with it a higher gun trun rate

on the german tanks i would like to see a slower gun turn rate so that a t34 with very good micro a t34 can uit run the gun turn rate of a p4 and it sould be able to out run a p5 bit esyer then a p4

doesnt mean t34 can not beat a p4 or p5 but that those tanks need to stay at som range so they have the turn rate that matches the speed from a sov tank until its get 'under its gun'

Agree to engine overheat idea after blitz, and accuracy decreasing. Sounds realistic.
I wonder, why not going even more realistic and conditioning the armor penetration value of actual distance? As a result, german tanks will have better armor penetration capabilities at big range, while in close range the german and soviet tanks will be nearly equal. Related to self propelled guns, theyr AP capabilities should vary to a lesser extent.
12 Apr 2014, 01:51 AM

Well, assuming we get penetration over range tables (they're already in this patch, iirc), that's possible. However, Relic will always put balance > realism, and with the facehugging nature of most CoH2 tank combat, the majority of the playerbase (German-faction players) would be in an outrage at having to kite. This is not meant as a low shot, this is the same ordeal the Soviets have had to go through in learning to never, EVER build Conscripts, and to combine as many units as possible in order to fend off the Ostheer with very unconventional play.

EDIT: This is not my stamp of approval on the patch or it's balance. As an RGD coder at heart I am wholeheartedly opposed to the current stats of the game.
12 Apr 2014, 02:30 AM

hmm. i wonder which faction volsky plays.
12 Apr 2014, 09:27 AM

Tank combat range in general is very low in the game. Most tanks can not even shoot across the width of your screen, so closing in is a matter of a second. I don't see how you can make useful range depending penetration.
12 Apr 2014, 09:58 AM

I agree with geist, Tank Combat is too close and Tanks too fast for Range to be meaningful in any such way.
12 Apr 2014, 19:37 PM
Patrion 14

I agree with geist, Tank Combat is too close and Tanks too fast for Range to be meaningful in any such way.

but if you make t70 able to penetrate tiger at like face-to-face distance, there will be scenarios where 5 t70s can swarm tiger and beat it. same with 222 and t34.

i think that can be very interesting
13 Apr 2014, 01:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2014, 19:37 PMpigsoup

but if you make t70 able to penetrate tiger at like face-to-face distance, there will be scenarios where 5 t70s can swarm tiger and beat it. same with 222 and t34.

i think that can be very interesting

But you'd have to increase the range of German tanks, otherwise they'll just get rushed and lose every fight because "long" range is just 2 seconds of driving away from "close" range, aka point blank.
13 Apr 2014, 06:12 AM
Patrion 14

But you'd have to increase the range of German tanks, otherwise they'll just get rushed and lose every fight because "long" range is just 2 seconds of driving away from "close" range, aka point blank.

true that
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS