Login

russian armor

Map Preview Problem

9 Apr 2014, 05:05 AM

imgur Gallery

I made this custom tactical map using GIMP and OnkelSam's tutorials, but the map preview isn't lined up correctly, while the minimap is correct. I used to have the same problem with the tactical map until I changed the minimap size from 768x768 to 320x320, my map's playable area size. The Map Making contest submissions are due in about 2 days, I could really use some help!
9 Apr 2014, 16:56 PM

imgur Gallery

I made this custom tactical map using GIMP and OnkelSam's tutorials, but the map preview isn't lined up correctly, while the minimap is correct. I used to have the same problem with the tactical map until I changed the minimap size from 768x768 to 320x320, my map's playable area size. The Map Making contest submissions are due in about 2 days, I could really use some help!

I believe there is a file, in your folder with the SGB file, that has resolution for the tactical map. (Mapname.options or something like that). I dont think the file size has anything to do with the playable area, but rather it should be static file sizes. I'm at work right now, but I can clarify later, if no one else has jumped in.
9 Apr 2014, 19:30 PM

I believe there is a file, in your folder with the SGB file, that has resolution for the tactical map. (Mapname.options or something like that). I dont think the file size has anything to do with the playable area, but rather it should be static file sizes. I'm at work right now, but I can clarify later, if no one else has jumped in.

Yes, I changed the default size in the mapname.options (768x768) to the mapsize in mapname.info (320x320), which fixed the problem with the tactical map(mostly, the icons are still slightly off), but the preview is still way off.
9 Apr 2014, 22:30 PM

What are the width and height, of your TGA files,
Mapname_mm.tga
Mapname_mm_high.tga
Mapname_mm_low.tga
Mapname_mm_preview.tga

?
9 Apr 2014, 22:56 PM

What are the width and height, of your TGA files,
Mapname_mm.tga
Mapname_mm_high.tga
Mapname_mm_low.tga
Mapname_mm_preview.tga

?

All of them are 768x768
10 Apr 2014, 14:40 PM

From the links you sent me in steam, it seems as though you made the low resolution version (320x320) and then rescaled to 768x768. You should create the larger resolution first, and then scale down to 360x360 (instead of 320x320). Be sure to set the options file to 360x360 as well. If you haven't gotten it straightened out by the time I get off work, and I have time, I'll try to get you setup correctly.

EDIT: Meliorare found the problem, by re-doing the "Save overhead map", checking the option: "Playable area only", yesterday.

12 Apr 2014, 01:24 AM

From the links you sent me in steam, it seems as though you made the low resolution version (320x320) and then rescaled to 768x768. You should create the larger resolution first, and then scale down to 360x360 (instead of 320x320). Be sure to set the options file to 360x360 as well. If you haven't gotten it straightened out by the time I get off work, and I have time, I'll try to get you setup correctly.

EDIT: Meliorare found the problem, by re-doing the "Save overhead map", checking the option: "Playable area only", yesterday.

Thanks, hadn't gotten around to posting the solution yet! Thanks for your help :D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight