Login

russian armor

Elite Troops

Is Elite Troops doctrine too good in 1v1?
Option Distribution Votes
62%
38%
Total votes: 154
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
8 Apr 2014, 02:27 AM

Part of this is probably because it synergizes way too effectively with the current german meta, but I am curious to see what others think about Elite Troops in the context of 1v1. It seems to be a no brainer to pick due to every single ability being useful, as well as being useful in various stages of the game. Insta vet and G43 superiority early on, tank smoke middle game, TA finisher.

It's not the best in every circumstance and lacks things like offmap strikes, but it's generally good in all circumstances and feels too safe. If I ruled the world I would remove either one or both of G43 and smoke personally to make it less of a no brainer and replace it with something like the aerial smoke bombs, and also make insta vet not work on tanks.

8 Apr 2014, 04:03 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

If I had one enemy commander downvote going into automatch as Soviets, I would downvote this bastard every single time. I'm glad the TA got severely nerfed in a recent patch (but really, how do you miss on something by that far, Relic?), but the whole commander is poorly designed and goes against the spirit of what Company of Heroes 2 should be.
8 Apr 2014, 04:51 AM

I think soviet industry AND elite shold be removed.
8 Apr 2014, 05:05 AM

Permanently Banned
yeah, Troop training should work only on infantry,but in next patch where probably vehicles veterancy will change guess my opinion will change too.
8 Apr 2014, 06:01 AM

No, it is because the stupid design of Ivan super assault gun and blitz in vet 1 only, vetting a P4 against Ivan T4 is almost a must, or you can't even use a damn panzer in Langres.

If blitz is vet 0 ability, who would vet a panzer 4?

And they say they will buff IS2 and ISU anti tank performance in next patch? What should Ostheer use lol? TA every game?

Double vetting a single P4 harder worth it's cost. It would be great if they make blitz becoming global upgrade.
8 Apr 2014, 07:08 AM

If I had one enemy commander downvote going into automatch as Soviets, I would downvote this bastard every single time. I'm glad the TA got severely nerfed in a recent patch (but really, how do you miss on something by that far, Relic?), but the whole commander is poorly designed and goes against the spirit of what Company of Heroes 2 should be.

Agreed.
8 Apr 2014, 07:20 AM

Since SEGA's not going to stop till they have 100+ champions, they might as well have picks/bans before each matchup.
8 Apr 2014, 07:55 AM

TA is still powerful. On 1vs1, it counters everything Soviets throw at it, at least I managed. :P
8 Apr 2014, 08:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Apr 2014, 07:20 AMtengen
Since SEGA's not going to stop till they have 100+ champions, they might as well have picks/bans before each matchup.

i hardly think there will be any new commander till the expansion.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

its easy to win against elite troops but only when you get NoSkill-2 which means if you see the enemy has elite troops doctrine you have to pick shock rifle frontline or maybe with t34/85+lucky ram
Hux
8 Apr 2014, 08:29 AM
Patrion 14

8 Apr 2014, 09:45 AM

I would not lose a night of sleep if they redesigned the free core commanders and made all DLC commanders ToW only.
8 Apr 2014, 13:53 PM

I would not lose a night of sleep if they redesigned the free core commanders and made all DLC commanders ToW only.

The best solution would be huge condensing of Commanders and revamping them into a Doctrine system, and then stop selling them full stop.

But Relic/SEGA/Whatever asshole's in charge is a money hungry prick so that will never happen. Let's forget that, then.

Failing that, and being stuck with this god awful commander system, simply make sure the three commanders you pick combine into a tree structure as opposed to "I have three but I can only pick one", you pick your three prior to the game and work with everything they have.

It might even be a bit more enjoyable than the old Doctrine system, allowing for much more variety and mix/match, while preventing the sad souls who paid for that garbage from crying.
8 Apr 2014, 14:02 PM

+235346457457
8 Apr 2014, 17:46 PM

The best solution would be huge condensing of Commanders and revamping them into a Doctrine system, and then stop selling them full stop.

But Relic/SEGA/Whatever asshole's in charge is a money hungry prick so that will never happen. Let's forget that, then.

Failing that, and being stuck with this god awful commander system, simply make sure the three commanders you pick combine into a tree structure as opposed to "I have three but I can only pick one", you pick your three prior to the game and work with everything they have.

It might even be a bit more enjoyable than the old Doctrine system, allowing for much more variety and mix/match, while preventing the sad souls who paid for that garbage from crying.

Mixing and matching would probably present 439257893487593825 more balance issues. The Idea of having those set skills per commander is to push a certain strat per commander. Relic can control each commander separately that way.
8 Apr 2014, 18:01 PM
Donator 11

I never liked the idea of "buying" veterancy. instant vet3 mortars as soon it hit the field....
also never liked the idea of an Ace unit hitting the field.
since that will never change, they should make an Elite commander for soviets too. with an Ace IS2. MVGame
8 Apr 2014, 18:10 PM

I never liked the idea of "buying" veterancy. instant vet3 mortars as soon it hit the field....
also never liked the idea of an Ace unit hitting the field.
since that will never change, they should make an Elite commander for soviets too. with an Ace IS2. MVGame

Soviet Ace Commander is "soviet industry" IMO.
8 Apr 2014, 18:13 PM

Soviet Ace Commander is "soviet industry" IMO.

And german old shock troops were old osttruppen?
8 Apr 2014, 18:20 PM

And german old shock troops were old osttruppen?

Sorry dude, I don't understand the point you're trying to make.
8 Apr 2014, 18:23 PM

So reread your own post that I quoted until you do.

And if you still are unable to do it, multiple weak units are not comparable to single extremely potent one.
8 Apr 2014, 18:25 PM

honestly, the commander is fine. The problem is that G43s right now are simply too strong. Rest of the doctrine is fine tho.
(Maybe tiger ace needs to be pushed back a little, because of the increased teching costs).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★