Login

russian armor

Next patch predictions

PAGES (12)down
18 Apr 2014, 12:42 PM

6 men weapon crew and artillery barrage thats why ;)

Considering the factions infantry damage difference, that is not an excuse anymore.
18 Apr 2014, 12:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Apr 2014, 12:42 PMKatitof

Considering the factions infantry damage difference, that is not an excuse anymore.

Its not an "excuse" its simply the design idea behind the unit
18 Apr 2014, 12:59 PM

Today I had a game where the PaK43 saved my ****** life lol, seriously, I love that gun. Elefant on steroids...too bad it gets destroyed so easy... pf
18 Apr 2014, 13:16 PM

Today I had a game where the PaK43 saved my ****** life lol, seriously, I love that gun. Elefant on steroids...too bad it gets destroyed so easy... pf

Maybe bump it from 3 men to 4 men crew like the the Pak40?

edit: Won't help much against extensive bombing/artillery but maybe just enough to reinforce it in time and keep the veterancy up...
18 Apr 2014, 13:46 PM

Its not an "excuse" its simply the design idea behind the unit

Yes, and PQs words about that are soviet weapon teams are supposed to be more effective then german counterparts due to tier limitations and lesser variety.
18 Apr 2014, 14:53 PM

Hmm... did he mean the weapons that the Soviets had captured or...?

Because lets look at this.

German mortar shoots twice as fast.

German MG is superior everywhere it matters, (suppression)

PaK 40 shoots faster.

So where are Soviets superior again?
18 Apr 2014, 14:56 PM
Patrion 310

Mg42 and pak have superior vet abilities as well
18 Apr 2014, 14:58 PM

I only repeat what PQ said, we all know the reality.
18 Apr 2014, 20:02 PM

Is it possible the Stug 3 could get buffed bringing it more in line with history while giving the Germans a more reliable out of doctrine tank destroyer besides the Panther?

Perhaps more health and/or armor?
18 Apr 2014, 20:07 PM
Donator 22

Well, Soviet AT can only improve when that is removed because it doesn't matter how well positioned your AT weapons are, if a P4 or panther or Tiger can just lolkrieg in and kill everything.

you are wrong ;)
18 Apr 2014, 20:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Apr 2014, 20:02 PMStorm
Is it possible the Stug 3 could get buffed bringing it more in line with history while giving the Germans a more reliable out of doctrine tank destroyer besides the Panther?

Perhaps more health and/or armor?

I too would like to see the STUG more. I love the little guy. It isnt bad now but kind of suffers from lack of role.

Maybe they will make it better at certain ranges to make it more useful. Because its good as it stands but rather short range for a Casemate tank. I wouldn't see an issue with it being like the SU76 and having long range but no vision. But then the problem of spotting scopes come in...
18 Apr 2014, 21:02 PM

I too would like to see the STUG more. I love the little guy. It isnt bad now but kind of suffers from lack of role.

Maybe they will make it better at certain ranges to make it more useful. Because its good as it stands but rather short range for a Casemate tank. I wouldn't see an issue with it being like the SU76 and having long range but no vision. But then the problem of spotting scopes come in...
The StuG III will always be somewhat useless once Su-85s hit the field which can spot for themselves on the move without a doctrinal ability and still have 10 range more. The very least that could be done to StuGs is a range increase to 60 range to fire back (not even having the initiative as they can´t spot the Su-85 while driving to it with the scope upgrade).

The impotence of the StuG will become more evident when IS-2 and ISU-152 are buffed next patch. They already two-shot them.
18 Apr 2014, 21:18 PM

The StuG III will always be somewhat useless once Su-85s hit the field which can spot for themselves on the move without a doctrinal ability and still have 10 range more. The very least that could be done to StuGs is a range increase to 60 range to fire back (not even having the initiative as they can´t spot the Su-85 while driving to it with the scope upgrade).

The impotence of the StuG will become more evident when IS-2 and ISU-152 are buffed next patch. They already two-shot them.

Your saying that as if its a definite. Pretty much all T3 it could be argued it useless when an SU85 hits the field.

Its an 85 fuel tank. It should perform like an 85 fuel tank. If they wanted it to reach out and slap an SU85 nothing wrong with that. They would just have to make it fire BBs like the SU76 or something similar (maybe a little more dunno) but it shouldnt be able to compete well against an SU85.

It can quite easily Murder T34/85s if supported and all of Soviet T3. Just requires work which most dont want to put into it.

Its as hard to counter T3 soviet with a Stug as it is T4 Germany with an SU85 imho.

Neo
18 Apr 2014, 21:28 PM

Your saying that as if its a definite. Pretty much all T3 it could be argued it useless when an SU85 hits the field.

Its an 85 fuel tank. It should perform like an 85 fuel tank. If they wanted it to reach out and slap an SU85 nothing wrong with that. They would just have to make it fire BBs like the SU76 or something similar (maybe a little more dunno) but it shouldnt be able to compete well against an SU85.

It can quite easily Murder T34/85s if supported and all of Soviet T3. Just requires work which most dont want to put into it.

Its as hard to counter T3 soviet with a Stug as it is T4 Germany with an SU85 imho.

Stug III is in a good spot. It's intended to counter medium Soviet armor but is actually a good counter to KV1, KV8 and even IS2 if properly used.

The Stug E, on the other hands, needs a lot of love.
18 Apr 2014, 21:59 PM

Yeah Neo thats kinda what I am saying. But I would like to see it more. So maybe a tweak to make it more appealing will come out of this patch?

People see the Stug and automatically think WORK not that its better at anything than the P4 (even though it is). So its not used.

Its kind of an iconic tank imho. It did better than the Elephants at Kursk. They were murder machines.

18 Apr 2014, 22:37 PM

The stug is great at its role.

1. Kills light armor
2. Assaults buildings/structures.
3. Has stun ability when vetted.
4. Kills rammed t34

Many other issues cause it not to be used.

1. Soviets cannot afford light armor
2. Germans can afford p4 always
3. Pg with shrecks way better at killing armor

Try to think of the stug as a at gun on wheels, use it as a support unit. Once vetted it will stun armor and prevent rams on your other tanks.
Neo
18 Apr 2014, 22:51 PM

Yeah Neo thats kinda what I am saying. But I would like to see it more. So maybe a tweak to make it more appealing will come out of this patch?

People see the Stug and automatically think WORK not that its better at anything than the P4 (even though it is). So its not used.

Its kind of an iconic tank imho. It did better than the Elephants at Kursk. They were murder machines.

Yeah, I should have made it clear that I am essentially agreeing with you except I don't think it needs any changes, it really is good as it is.
PAGES (12)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS