Login

russian armor

Next patch predictions

PAGES (12)down
17 Apr 2014, 13:06 PM

Interesting idea. Agreed that for the SU-76 to fulfill an AT role it would need some serious buffs. Right now it does 80 dmg, 93 pen (why 93? such a weird number), and 2.2s reload. Compare that to ZiS and SU-85 that does 160 damage, 170 penetration, and 4s reload.. which is much better AT.

SU-76 is considered useless by many because it doesn't really fill a specific role, unlike many other units in the Soviet arsenal. It can take out light vehicles reasonably fast but by the time it comes out, you're facing P4s so most people opt for a safer investment that is the SU-85.

I still think light armored units like the SU76, T70, and the M5 comes a little too late thanks to the 145 fuel requirement Soviet needs to research them. Taking inspiration from Panzer Elite from vCoH, it might be better if the investment to get the initial T3 or T4 building is reduced, and players are allowed to get these lighter units right away. Then if you want to get the harder hitting units like the T34/76 or SU-85, require them to upgrade further for some MP/FU - perhaps adding up to 145 fuel. That way you won't need such huge fuel investment just to get a halftrack and it opens up more flexibility in Soviet midgame play.

This!
17 Apr 2014, 13:09 PM

PaK 40 awesome? I agree that pak43 is awesome, but 40? WTF? every game I watch (replay) or from my ally's perspective in a team game or something, it always ENDS on russian hands, always.
Its like you create a pak40 to give it to the enemy, now that is a joke, kill 2 guys from the crew, and voilá, free pak.

No, no, no. It is awsome, you don't know how to play with it that's the problem. I killed in a game 5 KV-8 with a pak 40. By that time a pink elephant was flying outside my window I swear it did.
17 Apr 2014, 13:42 PM

PaK 40 awesome? I agree that pak43 is awesome, but 40? WTF? every game I watch (replay) or from my ally's perspective in a team game or something, it always ENDS on russian hands, always.
Its like you create a pak40 to give it to the enemy, now that is a joke, kill 2 guys from the crew, and voilá, free pak.

Either that or they are a Incendiary Bomb Magnet in the late game. Mine are always burning. Isnt't the recrewing fixed? Doesn't the recrew icon say 2 men but 3 do recrew it? On all team weapons? Either way it should be, considering the 4 men squad size of the Axis' troops.
17 Apr 2014, 14:08 PM

We talking about free Pak-40's? If they weren't so damn good I wouldn't have to recycle them in game. Trade ya a ZiS for it any day.
17 Apr 2014, 14:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Apr 2014, 13:42 PMUmbert

Either that or they are a Incendiary Bomb Magnet in the late game. Mine are always burning. Isnt't the recrewing fixed? Doesn't the recrew icon say 2 men but 3 do recrew it? On all team weapons? Either way it should be, considering the 4 men squad size of the Axis' troops.

I don't remember exactly where i read this (i cant remember the thread) but this is supposed to be indented. It shows you the minimum of men that are required to man a weapon or vehicle. I hope this is not the case, it was fine before! Relic has the habit to change things that nobody wanted or asked for (they do it a lot sadly, but in there defense, others do it too)!
17 Apr 2014, 15:02 PM

It shows you the minimum of men that are required to man a weapon or vehicle.

Oh, OK. But this 3 men recrewing is really awkward because then you are left with a single men squad that screams snipe me for squad loss. Soviets just waltz in the Axis lines recrew their stuff and retreat. With this one man squad it is always a squad-loss gamble to recrew anything on the frontlines with no means to reinforce instantly (bunker, halftrack).

Why isn't it 2/2 when you recrew?
17 Apr 2014, 15:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Apr 2014, 15:02 PMUmbert

Oh, OK. But this 3 men recrewing is really awkward because then you are left with a single men squad that screams snipe me for squad loss. Soviets just waltz in the Axis lines recrew their stuff and retreat. With this one man squad it is always a squad-loss gamble to recrew anything on the frontlines with no means to reinforce instantly (bunker, halftrack).

Why isn't it 2/2 when you recrew?

It's the same for recrewing any type of weapon, you need 3 men. Yes, it's easier for Soviet thanks to the larger squad size, but german also gets their halftrack earlier if you don't want to risk losing whole squads.
17 Apr 2014, 15:20 PM

No, no, no. It is awsome, you don't know how to play with it that's the problem. I killed in a game 5 KV-8 with a pak 40. By that time a pink elephant was flying outside my window I swear it did.

Lmao, you think I use that krapp? I said *every game I watch (replay) or from my ally's perspective in a team game or something*.

For AT role, I use P4, not krapp40 lol

Edit: Not sure if sarcasm or... ¬¬
17 Apr 2014, 15:33 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

next patch will introduce penetration based on range, I think t34 will take on a better flanking role by increasing it penetration by a lot in close range.

LMGs and g43 will get better trade offs instead of pure upgrades.
PPSh will be slighly better at 5-15 range
thats what I hope for atleast.
17 Apr 2014, 15:35 PM

Then you must have fun times when you meet T34-85s.
17 Apr 2014, 15:41 PM

next patch will introduce penetration based on range, I think t34 will take on a better flanking role by increasing it penetration by a lot in close range.

I've heard this before, but is this confirmed? If so, that'd be a really good thing since you do have to get in there with the T34. It'll be a glass canon, high risk, high reward unit it's meant to be. Nothing feels worse than losing 4-5 T34s to a panther because none of your shots penetrate and you didn't decide to ram it.
17 Apr 2014, 15:41 PM

Lmao, you think I use that krapp? I said *every game I watch (replay) or from my ally's perspective in a team game or something*.

Edit: Not sure if sarcasm or... ¬¬

While it's true that it's easy to take out a PaK 40 because it has very few crew members, it's very effective against almost any Soviet tank, fires way faster than a ZiS and is overall just a better AT-gun than the ZiS.
17 Apr 2014, 15:47 PM
Patrion 310

While it's true that it's easy to take out a PaK 40 because it has very few crew members, it's very effective against almost any Soviet tank, fires way faster than a ZiS and is overall just a better AT-gun than the ZiS.

The strange thing about the game is its often better to steal german support weapons rather than using your own because for the most part they are better.
17 Apr 2014, 15:53 PM

Don't forget it's vet1 abltity to stun the crew. Doesn't the HEAT shell do more damage too since a recent patch?
17 Apr 2014, 15:57 PM

About the SU76 to T3, I read a thread on Reddit where someone suggested that Relic had hinted that we might see a couple vehicles swapped between buildings in the next patch. I asked for a source for this rumor but didn't get a response...

That said, I do hope Relic is brave enough to do some serious changes here. I like both of the prevailing ideas for Soviet T3 and T4: swap T70 with SU76; and/or the lowering of building costs while locking the SU85 and T34/76 behind a PE style unlock. Soviets suffer in mid to late due to a lack of combined arms capabilities, plain and simple. The M5 comes too late, the T70 is a weaker version of the T34 (so why build it?) and the SU76 is a weaker version of the SU85 (so why build it?). Moving the SU76 to T3 gives that tier some much needed mobile artillery/bunker busting, and with a buff to it's AT capabilities allows it to support the T34 from a distance; moving the T70 to T4 allows it to spot targets for the SU85 and kill infantry and light vehicles that might try to harass the SU85.

IMO, the M5 would still come a little late (but it remains useful despite this), and at least the T70 and SU76 would both be in a position to stay relevant into the late game, and Soviets gain some combined arms options in T3 and T4, while keeping their "micro heavy" play style so many Soviet players enjoy about the faction.
17 Apr 2014, 16:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Apr 2014, 15:35 PMKatitof

Then you must have fun times when you meet T34-85s.

No, its not me who have fun times. T34-85s must have fun times when they meet Mammoth.
17 Apr 2014, 16:08 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

I've heard this before, but is this confirmed? If so, that'd be a really good thing since you do have to get in there with the T34. It'll be a glass canon, high risk, high reward unit it's meant to be. Nothing feels worse than losing 4-5 T34s to a panther because none of your shots penetrate and you didn't decide to ram it.

Well it is not officially confirmed but last patch they added the system for it. (but kept the penetration the same over all ranges)
The only weapon that deals different penetration values right now is the LMG which deals 1.2 at close range, 1.1 at mid and 1 at long range.
17 Apr 2014, 16:38 PM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Apr 2014, 15:53 PMUmbert

Don't forget it's vet1 abltity to stun the crew. Doesn't the HEAT shell do more damage too since a recent patch?

Not sure if they fixed it, but I think it still targets the ground it's aiming at making it near useless against anything that's moving. If you want TWP that's effective, use a StuG.
17 Apr 2014, 17:26 PM
Patrion 310

Penetration based on range? Great... I just wanna play a strategy game... not make a Ph.D. :). But if it has to be... alas... but bring the patch swiftly...
18 Apr 2014, 01:12 AM

Penetration based on Range would kinda suck I think. At first it sounds like a good idea, but then you realise every tank fight is just gonna become about hugging the opponent, and if the T-34/76 wins at close range, Germany Armour's gonna suck unless it gets a Range / LOS increase
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS