Login

russian armor

Next patch predictions

PAGES (12)down
16 Apr 2014, 17:56 PM

More speed? I think not. Relic has come to the understanding that the only thing in the Panthers way is a well placed mine. Thusly they will be installing a new addtional Vet 1 ability....mine detection.

LOL. This a million times over.
16 Apr 2014, 20:25 PM

The Panther is the German end of tech tree anti tank unit. It is the most expensive non doctrinal unit in the game. It either needs speed or the range of the Su-85. As it stands a slower Panther wouldn´t be able to handle Su-85 that has more range while being able to spot for itself.

If you give one faction a non doctrinal high range tank destroyer, the other faction gets something with speed. It´s basic asymmetrical balance.
16 Apr 2014, 20:44 PM

The Panther is the German end of tech tree anti tank unit. It is the most expensive non doctrinal unit in the game. It either needs speed or the range of the Su-85. As it stands a slower Panther wouldn´t be able to handle Su-85 that has more range while being able to spot for itself.

If you give one faction a non doctrinal high range tank destroyer, the other faction gets something with speed. It´s basic asymmetrical balance.

This.

Thinking also a change to ram.
16 Apr 2014, 20:52 PM
Patrion 310

It has speed and armour and a decent gun though and with the mg42 upgrade its not too bad against infantry. When you add in blitz and smoke it is imho too much. It isn't like the SU-85 auto pens the panther from the front either.
Neo
16 Apr 2014, 20:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2014, 17:50 PMNapalm
Better yet, add an additional vet 4 level. At level 4 the panther can open a time rift and teleport around the map. Got any issues with it? L2P son.

#Adapt.

Nothing a squad of shocks in an M3 can't handle though... :D
16 Apr 2014, 21:04 PM

I heard they are letting you put 2 shock squads in an m3 in the next patch. That's my speculation.
16 Apr 2014, 21:07 PM
Patrion 310

I just want the patch. .. . please.
16 Apr 2014, 21:10 PM

I will never understand how 30 fuel and 200 manpower can make a tank have super armor, super health, super speed, and super damage/pen. Mainly super armor and speed. As opposed to the PzIV, KV-1, and SU-85 in price, how does such a small increase in price make a unit so much better? Soviets wouldn't mind if every tank costed 30 fuel and 200 manpower more if it made them hell on wheels...
17 Apr 2014, 00:14 AM

Because it is also on the last tier (T4) and not every german has the time to go to T4, while in Soviets, T4 may be your second building for example.
For me, a defensive player, going T4 is a bit risky, I prefer getting my usual P4 and later Elefant, because I dont use T2, paks in this game is...KrApp
17 Apr 2014, 01:44 AM

Because it is also on the last tier (T4) and not every german has the time to go to T4, while in Soviets, T4 may be your second building for example.
For me, a defensive player, going T4 is a bit risky, I prefer getting my usual P4 and later Elefant, because I dont use T2, paks in this game is...KrApp

... very good point. I was expecting something stupid. It takes nearly 100 fuel to set up t4 (might be a little less, but still significant) and you might as well have a tank before then. Like you said, it is pretty risky to go that long without a tank. It can be said for the Germans that they have 4 tiers, more or less. You can still be fine without the fourth tier, but it is there just in case. Soviets relatively have 3 tiers... at least that is how it is perceived. T3 is mainly AI and T4 has one AT, one useless thing, and the katyusha. Soviets cannot really afford to get the other tier as 140 fuel is more important in keeping the Soviets in the game. German T3 has good AT and OK AI, but Soviets have to choose between having only one or the other in T3 or T4. The bad tiering system also makes it a bit difficult to fight against Germans, because having only one of them isn't sufficient, especially if Soviets are encouraged to use combined arms and only have one tank building that can only produce the opposite of what is sometimes needed. I really hope that gets addressed...

I currently thought of a change that doesn't sound TOO stupid. Right now, the su-76M is currently of use to no man. Tier 4 is supposed to be support, but the SU-85 is the AT, and the Katyusha the long range AI... meanwhile, the SU-76M does a little of both, but not enough to be considered. I suggest making it some sort of glass cannon, increasing its cost some. Not only that, but have it replace the M-5 (or the t-70, but im not completely sure about that). I prefer the m5, because it is a strong infantry support vehicle that can upgrade to counter planes and infantry better. That would fit better in t4 than the SU-76 for me. Now, i am aware that the su-76 has less penetration than the ZiS-3, but a bit more than the t34/76. I am suggesting making the su-76 the AT tier 3 doesn't have instead of relying on call ins. Change its price to 320 manpower and at most, 70 fuel. Here is why. The su-76's gun... is a variant of the ZiS-3. Because of its current price and placement in the tiers, it is obviously a bit more crap than that. I want to change it to 320 manpower to make it the same price as the ZiS-3 because i want it to have the same penetration as the AT gun. This does not destroy the use of the ZiS-3 because the ZiS-3 costs no fuel. Soviets can still fall back on it if they have a shortage of fuel. Currently, it isn't best for being aggressive, and you cannot pull it back when Germans used their tanks to flank it from the back, and the ZiS becomes helpless. Needless to say, the Su-76 still dies in its usual 2-3 shots, having the same armor as it usually does, but it can run away much better and progress across the field much better than the normal ZiS. It should be the AT support the T34 doesn't have (and moreover shouldn't exactly have because it is a 76mmm cannon, in its designation where it does not penetrate well against German tanks. The ZiS fires shells of the same size, but its shells DO penetrate, and that is the point. The Su-76 isnt a direct combat tank because of its fragileness, but a support tank for the t34 for penetrating german tanks reliably without falling behind in advances and retreats) I am also under the assumption that the SU-76 does less damage than the ZiS-3, tell me if i am wrong. I THINK this should be kept this way, because the SU-76 should be both a little AI (still free barrage), but enough AT as to scare the panzer IV, but not killing it as efficiently as the ZiS-3 in terms of damage. I want it to be a support tank, not an ultimate cheap tank destroyer. This would solve a lot of problems, and fix the hesitation that goes into deciding t3 or t4, without exactly making the argument that both are needed if they are both fixed to be self sufficient to counter German tanks and infantry in their own ways. Thoughts?

Also, correct me if I am wrong in terms of stats. Thanks.
17 Apr 2014, 02:15 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Only thing I think the SU-76 needs is a penetration boost to maybe somewhere between 100-120 and a reduced cooldown off its barrage. With that, it can barrage enemy positions more often and scare away incoming infantry/Paks while a boost to penetration allows it to chip away at armour more effectively. It reloads rather quickly at 2.5 seconds, so with a penetration boost it'll be decent at chipping away at armour from a distance for a cheap price. It already causes headaches for Tier 3 German armour units.

Maybe it could be swapped around, but it'd be better if they made Soviet buildings like PE ones. Reduce cost to 90 fuel, maybe less and let an upgrade cover the rest of the cost up to 145 that grants access to the heavier vehicles.
17 Apr 2014, 02:18 AM

Interesting idea. Agreed that for the SU-76 to fulfill an AT role it would need some serious buffs. Right now it does 80 dmg, 93 pen (why 93? such a weird number), and 2.2s reload. Compare that to ZiS and SU-85 that does 160 damage, 170 penetration, and 4s reload.. which is much better AT.

SU-76 is considered useless by many because it doesn't really fill a specific role, unlike many other units in the Soviet arsenal. It can take out light vehicles reasonably fast but by the time it comes out, you're facing P4s so most people opt for a safer investment that is the SU-85.

I still think light armored units like the SU76, T70, and the M5 comes a little too late thanks to the 145 fuel requirement Soviet needs to research them. Taking inspiration from Panzer Elite from vCoH, it might be better if the investment to get the initial T3 or T4 building is reduced, and players are allowed to get these lighter units right away. Then if you want to get the harder hitting units like the T34/76 or SU-85, require them to upgrade further for some MP/FU - perhaps adding up to 145 fuel. That way you won't need such huge fuel investment just to get a halftrack and it opens up more flexibility in Soviet midgame play.
17 Apr 2014, 02:26 AM

Its balance around abilities. With Mark Vehicle thats 120 dmg 93 Pen 2.2 second reload. This is why they left the SU76 in its sorry state for so long.

They work good against P4s and ill use them fairly regular. I actually like the little guys. Until T4 rolls out or a Tiger. And they cant hit scout cars for crap if they are moving I really really resent that.
17 Apr 2014, 02:27 AM

Soviet industry currently can spam the SU-76 a ridiculous amount, which is why i proposed the cost increase with a much better buff to make that worth it and useful. At its current price, buffing it and spamming it may cause a few issues... All i wanted was it to be the secondary form of mechanized AT that supports T34's as light artillery as well as a nuisance to German T3,acting as a glass cannon to compensate.
17 Apr 2014, 02:40 AM

Pak 40 is awesome dude.

Ele is a joke unless they get hold fire in next patch.
17 Apr 2014, 02:47 AM

Its balance around abilities. With Mark Vehicle thats 120 dmg 93 Pen 2.2 second reload. This is why they left the SU76 in its sorry state for so long.

They work good against P4s and ill use them fairly regular. I actually like the little guys. Until T4 rolls out or a Tiger. And they cant hit scout cars for crap if they are moving I really really resent that.

Mark target is not the reason why it sucks. The attempt to make it a jack of all trades for a cheap price screwed it up. You might as well use mark target for T-70's to kill a Panzer IV.

The thing does not scale really well, and it somewhat does something against T3. The point is to make it available (convenient) and reliable against T3, while keeping German T3 the ability to kill it fairly well. The SU-76 would be the AT against T3, and the Su-85 will be the more effective T4/heavy counter. Every Soviet unit should have a place somewhere in combat. Currently, some units are too iffy to use, such as conscripts, and the SU-76 has been sitting in the corner for far too long. It did its job fairly well in the war, and it should have a role in the game as well. It was excellent light artillery, and it was able to fire AP rounds at tanks if need be. This sort of utility should be a shining quality in the SU-76, not the current lackluster it is right now.
17 Apr 2014, 03:11 AM

There are alot of things balanced AROUND Mark Vehicle Imho. Notice the Aura around the FOB is 50% increase in damage, for mother russia same and Mark vehicle. And that the Zis would need around 50%ish more DPS to be a match for the Pak?

And 93 Pen is better than a T34. The devs have known everybodys issue with the SU76 since release. Yet they have done exactly 0 to give it a buff.

My opinion is they think since Soviets CAN get Mark Vehicle then its balanced otherwise with Mark vehicle Soviets would have a tiny little SU85.

I could be wrong but its awfully convenient.

I agree it doesnt Scale well. I am not even saying its a good unit. I do like the unit and I do sometimes build them and find them useful. Could it use a buff? Yes. Have the Devs known is poor? Yep. And no buff yet.
17 Apr 2014, 03:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Apr 2014, 02:40 AMPorygon

Pak 40 is awesome dude.

Ele is a joke unless they get hold fire in next patch.

It's confirmed to be in next patch.
17 Apr 2014, 11:15 AM

Tweaking IS-2s and ISU-152 prices and making them available to more commanders or maybe even the base faction could solve alot of late game woes.
17 Apr 2014, 12:34 PM

PaK 40 awesome? I agree that pak43 is awesome, but 40? WTF? every game I watch (replay) or from my ally's perspective in a team game or something, it always ENDS on russian hands, always.
Its like you create a pak40 to give it to the enemy, now that is a joke, kill 2 guys from the crew, and voilá, free pak.
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United Kingdom 202
unknown 7
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %