Login

russian armor

Notification when someone quotes you

4 Apr 2014, 15:26 PM

Hey,

I've been on other community fora too, and what I miss here, is that you don't get a notification when someone quotes you.
And also when someone replies to your thread
I think it would be very good to get a little notification like i did here:

Please no comments on the photoshopskills, just an example.

Just an Idea :)

Cheers from LA BEGIQUE
7 Apr 2014, 11:00 AM
Honorary Member Badge

i like this idea alot actually, problem is someone has to code it in. (aka: never gonna happen ;))

also a multiquote button would be really nice as well while were on quotes topic :D
7 Apr 2014, 11:31 AM

Permanently Banned
and that Star near that name could be like in CSGO the MVP(most valoable player), but instead the Most Valuable Member :D

Like if you say something funny (), then you get a star, but cant get more than one a week.
7 Apr 2014, 16:37 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Good suggestions! I could quote WiFi's "never gonna happen" and say, "why such a negative nancy?" Dunno if you've noticed but we've been consistently improving the site code since we opened a year and a half ago. As far as I know, we're the only website on the planet that shows Arranged-Team ladders, and we just added the avatar gallery and completely rebuilt the post editor and user profile page. Hopefully you appreciate this stuff?
7 Apr 2014, 17:11 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Good suggestions! I could quote WiFi's "never gonna happen" and say, "why such a negative nancy?" Dunno if you've noticed but we've been consistently improving the site code since we opened a year and a half ago. As far as I know, we're the only website on the planet that shows Arranged-Team ladders, and we just added the avatar gallery and completely rebuilt the post editor and user profile page. Hopefully you appreciate this stuff?

Definitely :)

TBH :blush: I had thought you had bought a pre-formulated board for adaptation,where email responses are automatically written in unless you opt out. It's a tribute to your coders that they have produced a board from nothing and still achieved the same effect.

Is this why you can be more relaxed about moderation,without fear of the board being taken down for an isolated crazy post by some "Almighty" who nobody even knows?

Seb
7 Apr 2014, 21:59 PM
Admin Black Badge

Thanks, I guess, MajorBloodnok. :)
(And not you Ami, who didn't quote any change I personally made recently! :D )

We are definitely not under any risk of shutdown unless we break laws (or if we lose all our visitors and ads can't pay for the server anymore). I don't think it's impacting relaxed moderation though, that one is mostly our point of view. If that was just me it would be even less, and maybe not for good. :p

Back on topic, how do we know if someone quoted you? Put your name on a message? Used the quote button? What if he uses the quote button, leaves your message, but removes your name? Create a @name tag and only notify on that? Others?

It's rather easy to code and I wouldn't be against it, but before that, I have a hard time to define the concept in the first place and how it applies to a forum such as this one. Or more precisely, to iron out the details so that it's actually useful and reliable, instead of not notifying half the time, and doing it wrongly the other half.
7 Apr 2014, 22:04 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Your changes are too hi-level to even mention here <444>3
Seb
7 Apr 2014, 22:05 PM
Admin Black Badge

In computer science language that would be called low-level instead (differences between the two). ;)
7 Apr 2014, 22:09 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment