Login

russian armor

Rifle Grenades

PAGES (16)down
14 Apr 2014, 16:38 PM

That there en lies the problem, why should the soviet player have to waste time and resources to counter a t0 200mp unit? 150mp + 50fuel for t1 then another 40seconds to build it and then another 270mp or 230mp + 5fuel and another 30-40 seconds to wait for the unit. Using gimmicky starts to beat spam is ridiculous.

Why is this a waste? You were going to spend those resources on something and you still end up with good general purpose combat units. If by waste you mean "I can't do a 5 conscript opening into T34/85s" then okay, I see your point, but otherwise seems a bit silly. As Soviets I always open up with T1+penals and an M3 this patch and it works great, massively more so if I am facing pio spam. Watch me sit on your cutoff after completely pushing you off the field.

On topic: Yes, remove extra range from vet and reduce range while suppressed. Problem solved.
Neo
14 Apr 2014, 16:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2014, 16:33 PMJaigen

Yes. i need to do the same thing with my mg42.

You need to move the MG42 back when you see conscripts approaching from far away through its arc of fire?

Congratulations, you've just made it onto the official retard/troll ignore list. Have fun.
14 Apr 2014, 16:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2014, 16:38 PMShazz

Why is this a waste? You were going to spend those resources on something and you still end up with good general purpose combat units. If by waste you mean "I can't do a 5 conscript opening into T34/85s" then okay, I see your point, but otherwise seems a bit silly. As Soviets I always open up with T1+penals and an M3 this patch and it works great, massively more so if I am facing pio spam. Watch me sit on your cutoff after completely pushing you off the field.

On topic: Yes, remove extra range from vet and reduce range while suppressed. Problem solved.

Because it isn't cost effective especially when your opponent techs up to t2 at the right moment and gets a scout car. It also pigeon holes you to a specific tier in order to counter it. This is just another high light of the soviet design flaw. There should be counters in both t1 and t2 not t1 and cons shouldn't be so weak in the first place.
14 Apr 2014, 18:04 PM

Build something special to counter pios. Relic balance designer funny guy :lolol: .
14 Apr 2014, 18:21 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

It also pigeon holes you to a specific tier in order to counter it. This is just another high light of the soviet design flaw

I don´t know if it´s a flaw, it´s how it is designed. What i would say is that it might prove to be boring answering a strat on the same way but that´s how it works.

Pio/AssG spam means no faust so your SC reigns free till AC. Depending on how you play it, Guards arrive just in time or delayed for a bit. If you don´t get flamers plant mines on "defensive" positions to bait the enemy. If you plant them too forward they might just detonate on Pios/AssG.

Problem with that strat is that requires almost no micro in comparison to the opposing part.

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2014, 16:33 PMJaigen

Yes. i need to do the same thing with my mg42.

Once again the question is why do these changes need to be implemented. give a better reason to why the rifle nade is op.

No, you don´t need to move out once you see a Con. Neither if he hoorah. AND if he starts the animation to throw a molie you can even move out while he is still supress without you receiving damage. EVEN if it lands its either a bit of damage or 1 kill while the con is still supress.

Nade is overperforming for cost, accesibility, ease of use and results.

-Rnades are on a main line infantry unit which doesnt require any desviation of tech invesment in order to get it.
-In comparison to other types of nades, it doesnt require you to be close to your opponent. Specially once vet starts to hit the field.
-Time of reaction, in my opinion, gives less window of opportunity to dodge in comparison to other nades.
-Flames relies on crits while the nades in general show consistence mp damage. You don´t need to wipe out with the nade, small arm fire (or even better G43/LMG42) will do it once you kill the gunner. The crew can´t man the weapon fast enough in comparison to how fast they die.
14 Apr 2014, 18:24 PM
Patrion 310

Because it isn't cost effective especially when your opponent techs up to t2 at the right moment and gets a scout car. It also pigeon holes you to a specific tier in order to counter it. This is just another high light of the soviet design flaw. There should be counters in both t1 and t2 not t1 and cons shouldn't be so weak in the first place.

Yep, if you go tier 1 there is a good chance you will need guards as well if the opponent is going scout cars. So thats having to use a specific tier to counter 1 thing and then having to pick a specific commander to beat something else.
14 Apr 2014, 20:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2014, 16:49 PMNeo

You need to move the MG42 back when you see conscripts approaching from far away through its arc of fire?

Congratulations, you've just made it onto the official retard/troll ignore list. Have fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkXbgxs-fvU

You where saying newbie?

Nade is overperforming for cost, accesibility, ease of use and results.

Wrong on so many levels. unless the riflenade consistently one shots maxims which it doesnt. a single grenade is not going to cut. if a maxim get hit you simply lose a bit of mp and the german player some ammo. But in most cases the maxim doesnt need to retreat. if a mg42 gets hit by a molotov all man may survive. but its still a fact that you need to reposition your mg42.

And this point any soviet player worth its salt will use the opportunity to drive your mg42 back to base and you will lose a few points.
14 Apr 2014, 20:50 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2014, 16:50 PMNeo

The answer to your lack of understanding of the problem is contained within your own sentence - there is no way a frontal assault by frontline infantry should hard counter a machine gun. The whole point of machine guns is to hold back infantry that walks into its arc of fire.

the idea i think is that you are suppose to support your mgs they arne't suppsoe to be able to be effective on there own. :)
Neo
14 Apr 2014, 21:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2014, 20:46 PMJaigen

You where saying newbie?

Thank the Lord, you finally posted a replay to show why you're struggling with this game so much.

1. Learn about TrueSight. The MG didn't start firing until the Conscripts were halfway into its fire zone because it couldn't see them... :)

2. The person controlling the MG42 had ample time to reposition the MG once the conscripts were suppressed to avoid molotov (because of its relatively short range). This is precisely the difference between molotov and rifle grenade that we're discussing here.

In summary, L2P issue here.
14 Apr 2014, 21:13 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2014, 20:46 PMJaigen

You where saying newbie?

Wrong on so many levels. unless the riflenade consistently one shots maxims which it doesnt. a single grenade is not going to cut. if a maxim get hit you simply lose a bit of mp and the german player some ammo. But in most cases the maxim doesnt need to retreat. if a mg42 gets hit by a molotov all man may survive. but its still a fact that you need to reposition your mg42.

And this point any soviet player worth its salt will use the opportunity to drive your mg42 back to base and you will lose a few points.

MG without LOS. Molotov did almost no damage on impact. Player could easily move out before or after the molotov was thrown away. That squad is force to retreat, MG still mantain the position.

If i riflenade a maxim i kill the gunner stopping the supression so i can move away. I can keep microing off the range of the maxim.

May i see so your profile so i can see at which level we are discussing? Maybe for your skill level it´s not overperforming but for me, the amount of damage it deals for munition cost, range, availability is high.

14 Apr 2014, 23:13 PM

If Rnade cant kill atleast 3 russian models (of 6). What is the purpose of this ability then? Waste munition to kill barely 1-2 guys?

I've never see a Rnade wiping out a russian squad in green cover, not even a single model or 2.
14 Apr 2014, 23:36 PM
Patrion 310

If Rnade cant kill atleast 3 russian models (of 6). What is the purpose of this ability then? Waste munition to kill barely 1-2 guys?

I've never see a Rnade wiping out a russian squad in green cover, not even a single model or 2.

Ever seen one rifle grenade squad wiping a maxim on full health in yellow cover?

If a rifle grenade cant kill atleast 3 guys (apparently), why is it fair that a molotov can't kill 2 german models on impact especially when you consider that you have to get much closer
14 Apr 2014, 23:37 PM

the granadiers rifle granade i think it was fixed after the hot fix, some small changes in game can be made without a patch, so rifle granade was nerfed, and its not so strong now, that was in hot fix, or in 25 march update. The granades dont whipe 5 of 6 mans anymore, and they are even less deadlier to shocks. Rifle granades are OK now.
14 Apr 2014, 23:37 PM
Patrion 310

the granadiers rifle granade i think it was fixed after the hot fix, some small changes in game can be made without a patch, so rifle granade was nerfed, and its not so strong now, that was in hot fix, or in 25 march update. The granades dont whipe 5 of 6 mans anymore, and they are even less deadlier to shocks. Rifle granades are OK now.

Since what date?
14 Apr 2014, 23:58 PM

Ever seen one rifle grenade squad wiping a maxim on full health in yellow cover?

If a rifle grenade cant kill atleast 3 guys (apparently), why is it fair that a molotov can't kill 2 german models on impact especially when you consider that you have to get much closer

Nope, never seen that.Only in a crazy video someone posted in Karkhow :p
Then that needs to be fixed.

I consider molotov is used at maximum efficiency at clearing out buildings or when the german player is unaware of one of his squads burning down slowly.
I remember when playing vCoh, on 2v2 maps the buildings in the middle was MAX 1 priority at the start of the game.Control that building with a HMG and Sniper support, and you have the centre of the map.
But with this crap molotov from minute 1, buildings are not that important to germans. Just throw 1 molotov at any side of the building and the squad there is gone if you dont exit it (and lose the building to soviet forces).
With this new Rnade, we can at least face maxim spam which really pissed me off when I opened with grens instead of mg42 + mortar.
15 Apr 2014, 02:52 AM
Honorary Member Badge

If a rifle grenade cant kill atleast 3 guys (apparently), why is it fair that a molotov can't kill 2 german models on impact?

asymmetrical balance.

molovs are damage over time and cover denial.

where as rifle nades are a big bang so to speak.
15 Apr 2014, 02:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2014, 02:52 AMWiFiDi

asymmetrical balance.

molovs are damage over time and cover denial.

where as rifle nades are a big bang so to speak.

Molotovs = Less convenient, better hope enemy doesn't micro that squad

Rifle Grenade = Always there for you for that one special squad that needs to be gone
15 Apr 2014, 03:36 AM

Riflenade is soooooooooo hard to see in snow map, in summer map they are fine to me.
15 Apr 2014, 03:41 AM

It might be better if rifle nades couldn't be fired while the squad was being suppressed, that would prevent the boring old 'run up to an mg and rifle nade it to death'.
15 Apr 2014, 05:44 AM

It won't be bad if all nades need to be researched like vCOH

In-build potato smasher nade are pretty weak, pineapple are nuke that required quite amount of fuel is fine, but now in COH2 tech-free riflenade, frag nade, bundle nade squad wiping is quite meh.
PAGES (16)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 21
unknown 14
New Zealand 22

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %