Login

russian armor

New server kicking out people too soon?

1 Apr 2014, 15:54 PM

The new server is really nice, since transferring to it the game has become smoother. I used to get unfairly kicked by lagy players (especially from China) all the time. Now I see other players being dropped from the game all the time, but it seems it's a little over done. The game would be fine with no lag and all the sudden someone is dropped. Is the server kicking right away at the first sign of lag? If that is the case that is a bit too quick. Anyone can have a connection hiccup.
1 Apr 2014, 15:59 PM

This game gives no forgiveness for dodgy connection. My connection tends to drop for half a second ~ once a day which immediately drops me out of the game. I'm always listening internet radio while playing and I can hear how my connection drops but gets back online in a second. Sometimes I don't even drop from teamspeak but still get kicked out of the game.
1 Apr 2014, 16:05 PM

Yes I noticed this can happen to me too for no apparent reason. Everything would be functioning normally but still get dropped. And I have seen it happen to everyone I play with. Out of no where they get kicked.
2 Apr 2014, 21:14 PM

My internet connection has about a 10 second hiccup every 20 minutes or so, this makes it impossible to finish very many games of CoH since I always get dropped. Would be nice if they reverted it, I know it's a little lame but 10 seconds isn't long to wait.
25 Apr 2014, 13:54 PM

I agree completely with what has been said on this thread.

I have a very reliable internet connection, never had an issue until today. I was winning a game, then suddenly it froze for a second, everything sped up and the defeat screen showed up, that soured my mood immensely.

I have another friend with minimal internet jitter like you guys sufferning from a one second disconnect every couple of hours and I cant play with him reliably, same can be said for players with slow PC that take a little bit to load the Game, they get kicked before it starts. The server is just an impatient kicking whore, if one loses connection for a millisecond he will lose. The Battle Servers should give at least a 5-10 seconds grace, but only once in order to not be abused.

Also remember the servers are in New Jersey, so anyone who is not from North America is getting higher pings and thus more prone to connectivity issues with the battle servers.

Regards.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS