Login

russian armor

vs sniperspam as us

31 Mar 2014, 17:25 PM

Tommy: finally! Thanks man, that's the advice I was looking for, precise as is suited for wehr player of your caliber ;)
now I know exactly what to do next time I see this nonsense ;)
Dave Tank: tnx to you too, mate!

NP bud.
I hate wehr sniper spam!
31 Mar 2014, 17:46 PM

p.s. it was against LuckyStilet and BkModTest (position 2 and 3 on wehr's leaderboard respectively) so they knew what they were doing
31 Mar 2014, 17:47 PM

yeah, sniper spam sucks, on either side. As wehr, at least you can build a goliath to get the sniper blobs. As US it's tough. The problem I'm having is the mid to late game transition to sniper spam where everything up to that point seems "normal". Let me explain.

I once lost a game to SlimShady. He went standard build order, like a VVMGS or something like that, blitz to get storm for temp AT then started spamming snipers. T3 eventually showed up with vetted stugs.

I had gone bars first, then m8. Early game was going my way. Then one sniper, then two. So i thought, ah lets go M8 now as has been recommended on this thread. M8 was fine until storm and stug show up. Ok, now I need AT gun. Except, AT gun goes down to one volley from 2 or 3 snipers. Too late now for 1 of my own sniper because 1 vs 3 is fail. M8 can't live vs. stug and storm. TD, maybe, except fuel went to MP. Hold off for OMCG, but even with a lucky 2 m18 lottery, against vetted stugs and storm back up. You can't get close to sticky because sniper blob takes down rifles. AT guns can't live to fire a shot.

Quite frankly, 3 sniper with 2-3 vetted stugs is a tough nut to crack.
1 Apr 2014, 23:05 PM

Which is why you need airborne doc I mentioned earlier, recon run + sn for countering snipers and rr ab for countering stugs (along with mp/td). Don't think of it as one big push to turn the game - prioritize your moves and go step by step - always put killing snipers on the top of the to-do list.
4 Apr 2014, 19:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2014, 17:47 PMwehrman
yeah, sniper spam sucks, on either side. As wehr, at least you can build a goliath to get the sniper blobs. As US it's tough. The problem I'm having is the mid to late game transition to sniper spam where everything up to that point seems "normal". Let me explain.

I once lost a game to SlimShady. He went standard build order, like a VVMGS or something like that, blitz to get storm for temp AT then started spamming snipers. T3 eventually showed up with vetted stugs.

I had gone bars first, then m8. Early game was going my way. Then one sniper, then two. So i thought, ah lets go M8 now as has been recommended on this thread. M8 was fine until storm and stug show up. Ok, now I need AT gun. Except, AT gun goes down to one volley from 2 or 3 snipers. Too late now for 1 of my own sniper because 1 vs 3 is fail. M8 can't live vs. stug and storm. TD, maybe, except fuel went to MP. Hold off for OMCG, but even with a lucky 2 m18 lottery, against vetted stugs and storm back up. You can't get close to sticky because sniper blob takes down rifles. AT guns can't live to fire a shot.

Quite frankly, 3 sniper with 2-3 vetted stugs is a tough nut to crack.

M8 is not the only way to counter sniper spam, going WSC is another way too and it may work. Don't forget to upgrade Sticky Bomb if he has a bike around though.

Also you can use AT gun to bait for countersnipe.

20 Apr 2014, 10:21 AM

Get granades, they onehit a sniper!!!!

no just kiddin.

Flankin with BARS.

fast M8

lay down mines

try to countersnipe

Arty

Calli

Sherman/Pershing ground attack
22 Apr 2014, 12:34 PM

A bit off-topic: And what can I if I'm with brits vs a wehr who gets 1-2 sniper supported by motobikes, pios and maybe 1 hmg? Ofc later mines and paks (even a goliath) --> gren + stuh combo later?
1 May 2014, 12:32 PM
1 May 2014, 13:07 PM

Permanently Banned
Get granades, they onehit a sniper!!!!

no just kiddin.

Flankin with BARS.

fast M8

lay down mines

try to countersnipe

Arty

Calli

Sherman/Pershing ground attack

counter snip is the best i think, because the enemy will probably make another sniper and this is the onl y option what doesnot need the rng god,+ you can make a big manpower drain to him. However you cant make fast M8.

Also lots of ppl doesnot know you can use attack ground with tanks, its works with coh2 too.
2 May 2014, 14:09 PM
Patrion 26

i dont know if you know the trick, but if you spam click on the unit sniped button you can see his movement. i like to kill the snipes with arty shots
4 May 2014, 16:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 May 2014, 12:32 PMsteger
SSSSS strat - BArton vs Pepsi

http://www.gamereplays.org/companyofheroes/replays.php?game=25&show=details&id=282753&st=0

:D

Yeah, you have to do everything to deal with Wehr sniper spam right from the beginning or else it will snowball into something unstoppable...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★