Login

russian armor

What the .... is up with the germans ?

PAGES (12)down
30 Mar 2014, 13:44 PM

Sorry but after that patch i only lose with the russians. I think i have a win lose stat of 20- 80 %. And no i am no noob i know how to handle my infantry but the german grens are only Op. Shock units with their 6 Ppshs ran into the grens and the grens with the light Op42 will kill them all. Its useless to get shocks for 420 Mp. And don´t say its not true that the germans are op and... When i start the game search with the russians the statistic says 20% searching for Soviets and 80 % for the germans hmmmmmm WY IS THAT SO ???????? MAYBE OP ???? Yes sorry relict but do you test your updatest bevore publishing ?

And more over what is up with the Morta halftrack ???? spamming 3 or more of them and win cause of realy high armour and effect .... Nerf it !!
30 Mar 2014, 13:47 PM

yep, we know.

the problem is
soviets have to use micro
and germans can win using attack move
30 Mar 2014, 14:01 PM

Shoks = 390 MP, Shoks>>Grens on close distance. And also i agree - Germans a little bit OP at the moment
30 Mar 2014, 14:15 PM

Permanently Banned
I have to agree with Chris. The idea of the patch is good, but it's not well implemented. Due to long range advantage (especially with G43 + LMG 42) its nearly impossible to make a strong hit on german infantery. When you try to get close, you get destroyed by Grenadiers. In case of playing defensively with Mortars, you get hardcountered by Mortar Half Track. In my last 5 games in 2v2, I encountered 2x or 3x Mortar half track. They are very flexible and if properly microed, you just can't kill them. Guards get shred by Grens protecting the Mortar Half Track, and also Guards in M3 get stopped by Panzerfaust. So the MHT can easily drive away.
In conclusion, the sovjets need much more micro to performe as well as the Germans. It's like running uphill because if you encounter enemies on your own level, the German one will usually win.

I don't rage when my standard tactics dont work anymore. I try to adapt to the new conditions, but this balancing at the moment is just ridicolous. Additionally I think the numbers showing how many people play Germany (often 80% / 20%, I saw 93% 7% few mins ago) underlines my opinion.

30 Mar 2014, 14:30 PM

people have always preferred germany so saying more people play germany because of this patch is ludicrous.

I have barely seen any sov players adapt to the new infantry mechanics. They are all so used to just running up to german infantry and dominating. Especially with shocks, they dont bother even thinking about using cover just a head on rush everytime. The few times I have run into people who have adapted, I found it hard just to get rid of ce's.
30 Mar 2014, 14:33 PM

people have always preferred germany so saying more people play germany because of this patch is ludicrous.

I have barely seen any sov players adapt to the new infantry mechanics. They are all so used to just running up to german infantry and dominating. Especially with shocks, they dont bother even thinking about using cover just a head on rush everytime. The few times I have run into people who have adapted, I found it hard just to get rid of ce's.

+1
30 Mar 2014, 14:34 PM

Permanently Banned
@VonMecha:

You got a point in saying that people play german more often (mostly because they played sovs in campaign all day) but I think a quote of 80% / 20 % or even higher speaks for it self!

I know prepatch running up to german infantry was usually, but tell me: I have a disadvantage at range, I have a disadvantage when I leave my cover to come close. What can I do? Waiting for mortars? Ok, works until MHT hits the field. It even counters Zis and any other support weapons. Maybe you know a good strategy that you would share with me / us?
raw
30 Mar 2014, 14:40 PM

I have barely seen any sov players adapt to the new infantry mechanics.

So, how to adapt?
30 Mar 2014, 14:41 PM

@VonMecha:

You got a point in saying that people play german more often (mostly because they played sovs in campaign all day) but I think a quote of 80% / 20 % or even higher speaks for it self!

I know prepatch running up to german infantry was usually, but tell me: I have a disadvantage at range, I have a disadvantage when I leave my cover to come close. What can I do? Waiting for mortars? Ok, works until MHT hits the field. It even counters Zis and any other support weapons. Maybe you know a good strategy that you would share with me / us?

Flanking, Ooorah, Smoke grenades, Partisan ambushes, mortars to force the grens out of cover - these all work against me. A soviet player who can close the distance effectively has no problems in this patch.
30 Mar 2014, 14:42 PM

Funny that I win more with Soviet than Ostheer after,

just trying. :)

Now have to L2P Ostheer :O
30 Mar 2014, 14:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2014, 14:42 PMPorygon
Funny that I win more with Soviet than Ostheer after,

just trying. :)

Now have to L2P Ostheer :O

30 Mar 2014, 14:56 PM

Permanently Banned

Flanking, Ooorah, Smoke grenades, Partisan ambushes, mortars to force the grens out of cover - these all work against me. A soviet player who can close the distance effectively has no problems in this patch.

Ok, let's discuss this.

Flanking + ooohrah: Of course it is a good idea, but let's say you try to flank an MG in this patch. You oorah from the side, but the problem kicks in now: Usually, there are some Grens protecting the MG. While you try to reach your goal, taking out the MG, your units get shredded by Grens. So you need a huge number of units to take care of let's say 1 MG and 2 Grens. I don't think this is okay, because sovjet infantry costs nearly as many MP as the german infantry.

Smoke grenades + Mortars: Actually a good idea. Already tried this out but if you do not have a mortar, you need shock troops what makes you vulnerable to AC or even halftrack / flamer half track. Also it costs munition to use it. So I have to pay munition just to get in range in order to POTENTIALLY win the fight? German will use riflenade and often kills 4 man in your squad... If you have a mortar, you often get hardcountered (I speak of 2vs2) by some Mortar Half Track. This is even deadlier on maps like Crossing in the Woods, where static gameplay dominates the game flow.

Partisans: Haven't tried this out yet, but I will. But maybe the commander does not offer enough stuff (except the 152mm arty) to sustain in late game?

30 Mar 2014, 15:01 PM

There were always more German players than soviets.
I think after 03.28 hotfix, this patch is ok. I've played total of 10 games with both soviets and Germans, and my win/ loss ratio was 50/50
30 Mar 2014, 15:01 PM

I think it's pretty funny how soviets now have to jump through a bunch of burning hoops to get a flank of on a mg42 covered by grens. While the germans can still charge into a maxim covered by conscripts, rifle nade the maxim to death, and win the fight.
30 Mar 2014, 15:02 PM
Patrion 310

Ok, let's discuss this.

Flanking + ooohrah: Of course it is a good idea, but let's say you try to flank an MG in this patch. You oorah from the side, but the problem kicks in now: Usually, there are some Grens protecting the MG. While you try to reach your goal, taking out the MG, your units get shredded by Grens. So you need a huge number of units to take care of let's say 1 MG and 2 Grens. I don't think this is okay, because sovjet infantry costs nearly as many MP as the german infantry.

Smoke grenades + Mortars: Actually a good idea. Already tried this out but if you do not have a mortar, you need shock troops what makes you vulnerable to AC or even halftrack / flamer half track. Also it costs munition to use it. So I have to pay munition just to get in range in order to POTENTIALLY win the fight? German will use riflenade and often kills 4 man in your squad... If you have a mortar, you often get hardcountered (I speak of 2vs2) by some Mortar Half Track. This is even deadlier on maps like Crossing in the Woods, where static gameplay dominates the game flow.

Partisans: Haven't tried this out yet, but I will. But maybe the commander does not offer enough stuff (except the 152mm arty) to sustain in late game?

Thing is, why should Soviets be forced into using doctrinal units to counter standard German units. Having to use shocks or partisans to take out an mg isn't balanced in any way. Which is one of the biggest problems in this game. Soviets are more often than not forced into doctrinal choices to counter german standard units, where as they are mostly free to pick whichever doctrine they want because their core units do all the work.
30 Mar 2014, 15:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2014, 14:40 PMraw

So, how to adapt?

Use Truesight.
30 Mar 2014, 15:08 PM

Permanently Banned

Use Truesight.

Please explain me how I can prevent getting barraged by mortar half tracks on lets's say Crossing in the Woods using truesight? I mean, I just can't hide all day all night, you must capture important points. :/
raw
30 Mar 2014, 15:09 PM

Use Truesight.

30 Mar 2014, 15:12 PM

Grens drop like flies this patch lol
30 Mar 2014, 15:13 PM

Why bang your head against a brick wall? What is it that keeps people trying out new strats, posting these threads etc... There isnt a big reward waiting around the corner. Just switch faction.
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS