Login

russian armor

What the .... is up with the germans ?

PAGES (12)down
14 Apr 2014, 18:04 PM

I am going off the limb to say you're an American you like the Whermatch/SS everything you know about ww2 is from cod/coh and you probably rarely if ever played the soviets.
Besides your comment is ungrateful you should be thanking people like me who actually play soviets on this crappy patch so people like you can enjoy playing around with your little pixel German soldiers, living out your Whermatch officer fantasies
I played enough Soviets. And I actually read books about WW2. What being American has to do with this is beyond me. Probably you are implying some bad stereotype. It´s not my problem if you are so dumb and narrow minded and have to generalize the characteristics of a whole countries population. I´m from Europe btw. and take your stupid comment as a compliment to my English skills though (not a native English-speaker).

Also it´s funny that you claim I´m living out officer fantasies while you are clearly the one imitating some Russian propagandist. Btw. It´s Wehrmacht not "Whermacht". If you read a book about the topic, you would probably know that.

Now back with you into the Kremlin, Stalin needs you.
14 Apr 2014, 18:08 PM

thanking people like me who actually play soviets on this crappy patch so people like you can enjoy playing around with your little pixel German soldiers, living out your Whermatch officer fantasies

+
14 Apr 2014, 18:27 PM

I played enough Soviets. And I actually read books about WW2. What being American has to do with this is beyond me. Probably you are implying some bad stereotype. It´s not my problem if you are so dumb and narrow minded and have to generalize the characteristics of a whole countries population. I´m from Europe btw. and take your stupid comment as a compliment to my English skills though (not a native English-speaker).

Also it´s funny that you claim I´m living out officer fantasies while you are clearly the one imitating some Russian propagandist. Btw. It´s Wehrmacht not "Whermacht". If you read a book about the topic, you would probably know that.

Now back with you into the Kremlin, Stalin needs you.

+1
14 Apr 2014, 18:47 PM

I am going off the limb to say you're an American you like the Whermatch/SS everything you know about ww2 is from cod/coh and you probably rarely if ever played the soviets.
Besides your comment is ungrateful you should be thanking people like me who actually play soviets on this crappy patch so people like you can enjoy playing around with your little pixel German soldiers, living out your Whermatch officer fantasies

So many assumptions so little facts. It's really stupid to just assume that all Americans are ignorant about the Eastern front like everyone does especially Russians. Ironically, there are Americans that knows a lot more about it then the Russians that claimed to be superior on the subject. Pretty strange considering American's weren't part of the front apart from Lend Lease, but that's what Soviet propaganda does to people. How did this happen? I would make another thread on that but this isn't a history site.

As for your comment for saying that we should be "grateful" nothing has changed apart from conscripts becoming seemingly useless because people just don't adapt to these changes. Tank combat is still the same, Soviet heavies easily destroy German infantry while German tanks have to get rid of the resilient Soviet heavies in order to achieve victory. The most powerful weapons of the Soviet early game is left unchanged apart from the M3 scout car which is still pretty powerful. Soviet mines still wipe out German infantry, and Soviet mortars still one shot kill German weapon teams and infantry. Soviet shock troopers are still powerful, you just have to use them differently instead of making suicidal charges which worked so well before this patch. They kill infantry a lot faster up close so use them for close quarters combat only.

People complaining that Germans are OP are really just not using the Soviets right. So don't expect us to thank you for playing Soviets, just play the game.
14 Apr 2014, 19:10 PM

So many assumptions so little facts. It's really stupid to just assume that all Americans are ignorant about the Eastern front like everyone does especially Russians. Ironically, there are Americans that knows a lot more about it then the Russians that claimed to be superior on the subject. Pretty strange considering American's weren't part of the front apart from Lend Lease, but that's what Soviet propaganda does to people. How did this happen? I would make another thread on that but this isn't a history site.

As for your comment for saying that we should be "grateful" nothing has changed apart from conscripts becoming seemingly useless because people just don't adapt to these changes. Tank combat is still the same, Soviet heavies easily destroy German infantry while German tanks have to get rid of the resilient Soviet heavies in order to achieve victory. The most powerful weapons of the Soviet early game is left unchanged apart from the M3 scout car which is still pretty powerful. Soviet mines still wipe out German infantry, and Soviet mortars still one shot kill German weapon teams and infantry. Soviet shock troopers are still powerful, you just have to use them differently instead of making suicidal charges which worked so well before this patch. They kill infantry a lot faster up close so use them for close quarters combat only.

People complaining that Germans are OP are really just not using the Soviets right. So don't expect us to thank you for playing Soviets, just play the game.

good try comrade obvious )
14 Apr 2014, 19:20 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

It´s interesting that i´m having better results (1v1) as soviets rather than german on this patch.
Note: i´m not using Grenspam on 90% of my games :P
14 Apr 2014, 19:41 PM

good try comrade obvious )

If it so obvious then why do you act like an idiot? Even if it's obvious I had to explain it to you and many others, because it seems like it wasn't obvious to you.
14 Apr 2014, 19:44 PM

It´s interesting that i´m having better results (1v1) as soviets rather than german on this patch.
Note: i´m not using Grenspam on 90% of my games :P

Nononono, thats not possible, if you use Soviets, you MUST LOSE, like everyone is saying about this patch. Are you sure it isnt the other way? (having better results as germans in 1v1)?
14 Apr 2014, 20:07 PM

Maybe I have to install the patch yet or something. Because I still manage to lose 8 games in a row as Axis. I think the changes affect mostly top tier players and not so much the average scrub like me?
15 Apr 2014, 01:28 AM

With that logic you should be thanking him for playing Germans so you can have an opponent in the first place.
15 Apr 2014, 02:24 AM

At this point, Russians shouldn't even be a playable faction. WW2 style games are usually America/Western Allies and then the Axis. They never include the Russians for obvious reasons. Russians won their battles by assaulting the Germans with mass amounts of tanks and infantry, shrugging off losses as long as the Germans got pushed back. Obviously there is nothing of this sort for balance's sake, so they are no longer Russians. Might as well get rid of the Soviet faction and just have everyone play against AI. That is how it currently is with this patch. Hopefully the huge patch that Relic has in store would make Russians more... usable? Absolutely no one wants to use them, and many players no longer play Russians. Simply because they are not Russians since i see no Russian tactics... I see the same amount of Russian squads as German squads... The ratio of Russian armor to German armor isnt even 1.5 to 1... :faint:

My life for balance? :huh:
15 Apr 2014, 03:21 AM

Probably the way to get an historically realistic game for CoH2 is to have 1v4 of Germans vs Soviets... That'll get the ratios about right. But that's hardly fair is it?
15 Apr 2014, 03:36 AM

Probably the way to get an historically realistic game for CoH2 is to have 1v4 of Germans vs Soviets... That'll get the ratios about right. But that's hardly fair is it?

Exactly. Soviets weren't meant for RTS. That is why this game isnt as popular as it should be. People hear Russians and think "Stalin's Steamroller!" but then they see 6 man squads vs 4 man squads and roughly the same amount of squads and tanks on both sides. Then they leave, seeing it as nerfed reskinned Americans.
15 Apr 2014, 22:29 PM

Exactly. Soviets weren't meant for RTS. That is why this game isnt as popular as it should be. People hear Russians and think "Stalin's Steamroller!" but then they see 6 man squads vs 4 man squads and roughly the same amount of squads and tanks on both sides. Then they leave, seeing it as nerfed reskinned Americans.
There isnt a real reason you cant make Soviets into a desirable faction. The biggest reason balance is a problem is because the lack of unit/doctrine diversity. When you have a few units/abilities to rely on, those work or they dont(for you). Any imbalances(perceived or real) become glaring.

If you had a range of weaponry to choose from, you could develop your own tactics to overcome lots of discrepancies between factions. Example is in coho where there were many ways to build your army. Even the ghost ranger/infinite attrition army became beatable when people were able to build doctrines to fight it. When there are only 1 or 2 units vs 1 or 2 units, in a game built on asymmetrical warfare, Is it possible to ever find a "perfect balance".

Hero units would be awesome in my opinion, but not the "super unit do all" types in coho, just a path to give players units that they feel they need to complete their army.
17 Apr 2014, 04:35 AM

I see posters making this mistake all the time:

Defense in 1943-1945 was not the same as Offense in 1943-1945.

To put it mildly, the tactical advantages accrued to the the defender and the Germans were strong and efficient in the defense.

IN comparison, they were weak in offensive capability compared to the Soviets and Allies.

A lot of the Soviet numerical superiority went into Soviet defenses. During an offensive, some of their resources would be used to boost the defensive depth up to 70 KM in critical areas so the Germans would never have the strength to penetrate the operational depths with 'Cannae'( the old German strategy of allowing the Soviets to perform offensive overextension, then cut them off & destroy them with a double envelopment) like counteroffensives. They had learned this from disasters in 1942 and 1941, where the defensive depth was too shallow. (The Soviet defensive depth in 1941 was often just 10-20 KM in places)

They never include the Russians for obvious reasons. Russians won their battles by assaulting the Germans with mass amounts of tanks and infantry, shrugging off losses as long as the Germans got pushed back.

The Red Army also does not get enough credit. It destroyed German forces and conquered more territory at a rate faster than the W.Allies. It did not need a 4:1 superiority to win an offensive; the rest was just a bonus.

Sure, they took higher losses but that was their military model and they got the job done. They did it with less firepower and supplies per capita than the W.allies and they won almost every battle after 1942.

If you want to model this in the game, the German & axis allies would start out with"

an elaborate, pre-established defense network with quick response mobile armored reserves in the rear..(with weeks or months of preparation) with killzones, communications systems, & tactical countermeasures set up... with minefields, traps......with troops intimately familiar with the territory from studying it for weeks/months.... while the Soviet would be the numerically superior attackers attacking territory they only know via military intelligence, recon and probing.

Not Happening.
17 Apr 2014, 05:00 AM

If anything, the Germans should be the ones hamstrung for resources and forced to pick 2 buildings but have awesome call-ins... whilst Soviets should be able to have all their buildings but weaker call ins.
17 Apr 2014, 05:22 AM

If you want to model this in the game, the German & axis allies would start out with"

an elaborate, pre-established defense network with quick response mobile armored reserves in the rear..(with weeks or months of preparation) with killzones, communications systems, & tactical countermeasures set up... with minefields, traps......with troops intimately familiar with the territory from studying it for weeks/months.... while the Soviet would be the numerically superior attackers attacking territory they only know via military intelligence, recon and probing.

Not Happening.

I do credit the Soviet Union for their effective offensive push, even if it looks like i dont. But as you say, as i thought i said, that re-enactment sure aint happening/going to happen in this game. I am just hoping the upcoming patch makes balance between both factions. I keep dreaming that there was no such thing as OP units, insta kills, blob spams, and there were 50/50 wins with both factions and 50/50 people searching games with both factions. It's driving me crazy.

That numerical superiority in Soviet defense is going to be widely seen when the Battle of Kursk comes out. That battle is a huge example of what you were talking about. The defenses there made the past defense at Moscow look like nothing.
17 Apr 2014, 07:08 AM

according to you, even relic does not how to play soviets
Relic developers have stated multiple times, that soviets are WAY behind in all stages of the game early,mid, late..
17 Apr 2014, 09:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2014, 14:42 PMPorygon
Funny that I win more with Soviet than Ostheer after,

just trying. :)

Now have to L2P Ostheer :O

Funny thing, your rank soviet rank is one third of your german rank, your win rate is crappier and I'm pretty sure you've played like 2 games total as soviets this patch while spamming over a 100 with grenspam/piospam as germans. Wow. Much evidence, so balance.
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 94
France 0

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak