Login

russian armor

Sniper/Guards combo is back

30 Mar 2014, 02:26 AM

The classic 2 or 3 snipers/guards opening is making a comeback due to the delay in getting a scout car out, just long enough for the soviets to get their guards out.

I come across this stat sometimes and its a flip of the coin if I win or not, usually a win is attributed to the soviet player making a stupid mistake. Anyone got any post-patch advice?

30 Mar 2014, 02:40 AM

30 Mar 2014, 03:36 AM

Your constant whining about scout cars really is an embarassment for a player of your skill. Do you also think paper is OP against rock?

Anyone have any useful advice?
30 Mar 2014, 08:43 AM

try going for a mortar heavy build 2 to 3 mortars. then tech to tier 2 and use panzergrenz to deal with the guards.
30 Mar 2014, 14:37 PM

Jeager Light Infanty.

Get 1 cp, upgrade your grens with ambush camouflage, stay in cover and hold fire until the snipers are close. Then kill them in 1 volley. This is very easy now that small arms fire does more damage.
30 Mar 2014, 14:40 PM

Permanently Banned
G43 hardcounters soviet infantry and snipers. A MHT or normal mortar should also do the work.
30 Mar 2014, 14:49 PM

G43 hardcounters soviet infantry and snipers. A MHT or normal mortar should also do the work.

Yeah, I was specifically looking for a non-doctrinal solution but I'm not sure there is one. MHT has always been effective but I've never liked the doctrines it comes in, I guess I'll just have to suck it up and drop one of my commanders.
30 Mar 2014, 14:56 PM

Your non-doctrinal options are regular mortars and clever ambush play using Treusight. These however will likely not end the game quickly. If you want to smash the sniper/guard combo before the 10 minute mark you have to go with either mortar halftracks or ambush camouflage.
30 Mar 2014, 15:04 PM

Permanently Banned
@Aurgelwulf: I think it's okay because the soviet player has to choose a doctrine to get access to the guard infantry. That means heavy anti infantry stuff like KV - 8 won't appear and you can play out your infantry heavy G43 strat :) .
30 Mar 2014, 16:02 PM

@Aurgelwulf: I think it's okay because the soviet player has to choose a doctrine to get access to the guard infantry. That means heavy anti infantry stuff like KV - 8 won't appear and you can play out your infantry heavy G43 strat :) .

Good point, I hadn't thought about that.
31 Mar 2014, 00:13 AM
Senior Editor Badge

The only commander with Guards that has access to a vehicle that obliterates (literally) infantry squads is the Mechanized Support Commander which has an ISU-152. It is an assault gun, not necessarily a tank destroyer.
I lost a game because of one of those... squad wiped 3 of my inf. squads in its first 5 minutes. :oops:

Remember guys, check out the Commander tool on this website...somewhere. I have it on my iPod all the time now. It's really great. I get to look at my opponents bulletin choices and their commander choices and it can really make a difference.
8 Apr 2014, 10:00 AM
Donator 22

Trying to figure something working out. I always hated the nasty sniper play, though I use it more often in this patch to face almighty grens.

G43s do not work that well on distance anymore, do they? I thought they'd perform a lot better when you are close now.
Camo is indeed a smart idea, though I guess it's really hard to do it in practice.

- Since you're looking for a no-doctrinal-solution you really might try one or two mortars and hope you get a lucky shot - try using barrage where they might be or might go.
- Or try to put up a good flank, what most likely won't work against cautious players.
- Or really try to get a quick t2 up and set up a flank with scout cars, defeating guards with pgrens.

That being said I recognize, that all my ideas were already mentioned :D
To add smth else: go fast t4 and get a panzerwerfer MVGame

Update: you are probably reffering to 1v1s. Though in 2v2s MG-upgraded bunkers can help
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★