Login

russian armor

Is this M3 balanced (see video)?

PAGES (8)down
29 Mar 2014, 15:06 PM

Watch the m3 scout car with flamer eng rush 2 squads of pioneers and see what happens:

Is this balanced?
29 Mar 2014, 15:08 PM

of course, superior german traning!
29 Mar 2014, 15:08 PM

you exposed the rear armor. Which means that the 50 cal on the front was not shooting (which actually deals significant damage now).
My tip is, don't expose the rear of your M3A scout car.
I think the same would happen if you rushed the german scout car and exposed the rear like that.
29 Mar 2014, 15:11 PM

Its not me using this unit. Prior to the patch this never happened against 2 pioneers (front or rear armor exposed).

The german sc is stronger or cons/eng do not output as much damage as pioneers.
29 Mar 2014, 15:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2014, 15:08 PMBurts
you exposed the rear armor. Which means that the 50 cal on the front was not shooting (which actually deals significant damage now).
My tip is, don't expose the rear of your M3A scout car.
I think the same would happen if you rushed the german scout car and exposed the rear like that.

No, the same would not happen because the german scout car has both more health and twice the armor.

Also you're wrong about the gun on the m3, the rear and front guns do pretty much exactly the same damage (in fact if you're pedantic the rear one does like 1% more)
29 Mar 2014, 15:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2014, 15:17 PMCruzz

No, the same would not happen because the german scout car has both more health and twice the armor.

Also you're wrong about the gun on the m3, the rear and front guns do pretty much exactly the same damage (in fact if you're pedantic the rear one does like 1% more)

Yes, but grenadier/panzergrenadier armor was nerfed which means that the 50 cals on the scout car are more effective.
29 Mar 2014, 15:22 PM

What sense does that make? Not only is this fight against pioneers who always had 1 armor, the amount of armor a unit has will not in any way affect the relative performance between small arms because they all have the same penetration rating of 1.
29 Mar 2014, 15:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2014, 15:06 PMAbdul
Watch the m3 scout car with flamer eng rush 2 squads of pioneers and see what happens:

Is this balanced?

The M3 might need a slight boost, but remember it can hit the field as the first unit so it does have to be vulnerable. The AC for the Ost takes a tech and a new building, assuming Ost built T1, which they almost have to do.

In the video the use of the car was very poor. Basically it was used to give engineers a chance to shoot. But remember because it was on the move it gave a -0.5 modifier to accuracy. Also the CE's were using a flame weapon on full health squads so the crit chances were low. It would be best to use the scout car at range to allow the flames to burn the pios, and the 0.50 cal to shoot as well. Also staying still makes the engineers more accurate.

Poor use of a unit does not mean the unit is not functioning properly. I do think the M3 deserves a slight boost, but this is not the video for that.
29 Mar 2014, 15:27 PM

ahahaahhhahahahaa xD And people are still defending the power of terminator Pios. Its getting pathetic, seriously
29 Mar 2014, 15:34 PM

The M3 scout car suffers from a range off issues. First the scout car itself isn't very useful on its own, you need to have something else inside of it in order for it to feel useful. Snipers can no longer go inside (which is a good change) which is another nerf to the scout car. Now you have to get up close but the armor was also nerfed recently which makes it to squishy for its role of MG flanking with flamers. Losing the scout car is basically like losing a Conscript now (losing 230 manpower hurts) and on top of that whatever unit that is inside will die as well, especially if the flamer explodes on you at the same time. It is too much of a liability as it is now and could use a slight buff.
29 Mar 2014, 15:43 PM

someone wanna make a game with me to test the same scenario with good soviet micro?
29 Mar 2014, 15:43 PM

ahahaahhhahahahaa xD And people are still defending the power of terminator Pios. Its getting pathetic, seriously

Pio's do too much damage, but this was a terribly used scout car. There are videos of Pio's being broken, but this is not one of them.
29 Mar 2014, 16:08 PM

someone wanna make a game with me to test the same scenario with good soviet micro?

happy to do that
29 Mar 2014, 16:10 PM

From what I gathered the m3 hit points and armor were reduced and of course pioneers damage output increased.

As others pointed out the main purpuse of the m3 is to carry a unit (manily eng) and kill mgs. If it can't get close it's pretty useless.

Too bad that after they made t1 viable they over nerfed this unit.
29 Mar 2014, 16:15 PM

it gained more hp when its armor went down. instead of showing the rear armor and fighting at close range where pios are strongest, just kite them.

1 gren struggles against a flamer car now. the faust can slow it, but doesnt get it close enough to die very quickly. flamers will easily force a retreat before grens can finish it. this is especially true if you use penals. so i find more hp and less armor to actually be more difficult to kill.
29 Mar 2014, 16:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2014, 16:15 PMwooof
it gained more hp when its armor went down. instead of showing the rear armor and fighting at close range where pios are strongest, just kite them.

1 gren struggles against a flamer car now. the faust can slow it, but doesnt get it close enough to die very quickly. flamers will easily force a retreat before grens can finish it. this is especially true if you use penals. so i find more hp and less armor to actually be more difficult to kill.

thanks, can you post the m3 before and after stats?
29 Mar 2014, 16:23 PM

I really don't find this balanced at all. Yes, he did expose his rear but the fact that 2 pioneers, a builder, can do that much damage fast and not die just shows how broken they are. Hell even a Murican Jeep would've lasted longer in that situation. Either way doesn't matter for , I only use scout cars against MGs, mortars, or snipers.
29 Mar 2014, 16:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2014, 16:15 PMwooof

Range doesn't help much when you're a size 18 target. As such the only thing that changes are the cooldown and aim time multipliers, which will reduce pioneer DPS by a bit, but not by much. The damage M3s take even at range 30 from a single pioneer squad is insane.
29 Mar 2014, 16:37 PM

While I believe M3 armor was overnerfed, this was one bad micro there.

You have wasted so much M3s own DPS and only thing you achieved was exposing rear armor and giving CEs inside fotm penalty.
29 Mar 2014, 16:50 PM

cruzz, stop the bullshit already just cuz you cant play with the non-easy-mode soviets does not mean its underpowered so much its unplayable, i am not saying here you are bad or anything but you are overhiping the situation. you should really stop acting as a pussy as and start getting familiar with the new ballance
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment