Login

russian armor

Double Wehrmach strategy

27 Mar 2014, 13:32 PM

Hello.

With my mate, we search double wehrmacht strategy and we made this, tell me if it's good or not good.

We do t2 (me and him).

Me, I take def and do 3 gren squad with Schreks.
Him, He takes blitz, and he do fast Stuka. At the begin he do MG & snipes, me I do 1 mg, 3 volks and vet 2.

What do you think?

And am I the only to find that grens squad with 2 schreks are more better & powerfull than 2 squads with each 1 schrek?

See you
27 Mar 2014, 15:26 PM

And am I the only to find that grens squad with 2 schreks are more better & powerfull than 2 squads with each 1 schrek?

I can only see cons for having 2 schreks in a single squad:
  • the squad can't split if being rushed/crushed by a tank, which make you force retreat and 2 schreks become useless. => with 1 schrek per squad you'll still be able to keep a schrek on the field.

• the squad can't hit rear armor if the tank is well microed to face the squad => with 2 squads, you can fix a tank while the other squad goes around for better angle.

• the gren squad with 2 schreks is totally useless vs rifles and more than that is a rifle/sniper magnet => 2 squads, you split the targets, it survives better.

27 Mar 2014, 15:28 PM

Hello.

With my mate, we search double wehrmacht strategy and we made this, tell me if it's good or not good.

We do t2 (me and him).

Him, He takes blitz, and he do fast Stuka. At the begin he do MG & snipes, me I do 1 mg, 3 volks and vet 2.

It's good, maybe a bike for counter snipe if your opponents go Barrack + WSC. You have to win the sniper war or else you'll lose.

Me too, it's easier to micro and can surprise your opponent. But there's always some cons.
29 Mar 2014, 06:31 AM

Hello.

We do t2 (me and him).

What do you think?

See you

This strategy would be hard countered by a Barracks and WSC start. First of all with snipers into a quick M8 from one player and RHS infantry to arty your blobs and bunkers. Snipers would also waste your Gren blob with shreks.

The other USA player would go Airborne to counter Blitz, with Parra's, Recon Run and Strafe. Parra's are suprisingly effective at killing Stukas.

At some stage you would need to tech past T2 for Ostwinds or Puma's, something that would control all the allied infantry, otherwise they will get out of control and run you off the field.
29 Mar 2014, 06:47 AM

So far at least- I am not too impressed with the RPGs in vCOH. They miss a great deal unless the infantry get real close. The ones in COH2 are much better.

Against light vehicles (Puma, 250, and 222) I prefer to use the M8 scout car. Early Cromwell also works nicely.

I usually don't get RPGs against Wehr, Americans, or British. As far as Rangers, Airborne, Grenadiers, and Sappers go I simply do not like to buy and risk these expensive units or upgrades.

I only like Ranger RPG blobs vs. Panzer Elite. They don't have MGs or mortars, so they are rather vulnerable. Hetzers, Jagdpanthers, and Marders are especially vulnerable. Against Wehr I don't like Rangers all that much and prefer to get the off map combat group and AT guns to supplement my tank destroyers/tanks.

With the Germans they are strong anti-armor and weak infantry so I find PzS to be redundant. It doesn't play to their comparative advantage as you bleed manpower and munitions with this RPG infantry strat.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★