Login

russian armor

What is mTw?

21 Mar 2014, 20:40 PM

A bit of History

mTw is back from the dead and is set to drive the Company of Heroes 2 franchise forward. After a considerable period of absence in the gaming world, mortal Teamwork is up and running again. With the intention of hosting tournaments, running competitions and combining the best streamers into a synergetic unison, the future is looking rather bright for the competitive Company of Heroes 2 community. Established in 1998, mTw was one of the world's first professional gaming teams. We have always maintained a strong presence with numerous top finishes in international competition. Behind this name stands an organization with more than 80 members dedicated to eSports. mTw has now set its eyes on Company of Heroes 2.

Our Goal & Purpose

mTw’s official team sponsor is EIZO and is supporting the team in our efforts. Thanks to their sponsorship, we are able to give the community fantastic hardware prizes and will continue to do so alongside competitive events for the foreseeable future. Moreover, mTw will also be hosting community events such as the community challenge series which will include other prizes that are up for grabs provided you fulfil certain requirements. We have an enthusiastic and dedicated team of guys working together to help transform Company of Heroes 2 into a larger, competitively played game. The idea is to create enjoyable content enjoyable for the community that can also appeal to the wider audience. We’ll be announcing everything on our Facebook page and through news posts on COH2.ORG.

Future Plans

When we’re not hosting events, mTw members will be streaming their games for the community on the official Company of Heroes 2 mTw stream. All of our players are highly experienced Company of Heroes 2 veterans so feel free to enquire about anything relevant to the game but you’re also very welcome to ask questions outside of the game. Our players play all game modes but are primarily active in 1vs1 and 2vs2. Missed an event or stream? No problem. Catch up on the action with the highlights on the mTw stream channel or in our threads on the forums. We will be collaborating and working Relic Entertainment to bring you events of the highest quality.

Team Roster

• HelpingHans: Luck-thief with an exclusive Knights Cross that has 32 Golden Oak Leaves.

• Siberian: 80s DJ at Sib FM™ and a Waddle-Worshiping Soviet.

• VonIvan: Twitch Emote Hero & Bakon Vodka Preacher.

• Marcus2389: Da Vinci of COH2 and a mean Italian Chef in the kitchen.

• VonKluge: Marketing and Promotional Guru working behind the scenes.

We appreciate your continued support and hope to see you guys in-game and in-chat – Your mTw COH2 team
21 Mar 2014, 21:22 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

I like it. The concept has impetus.

Good luck to you all -and thank you for working together to achieve this. :)
21 Mar 2014, 22:25 PM

At first I want to say that this is a great thing for CoH, if it's true.

But:
I am not sure if this has been discussed already, but I don't see many reasons why a team like mTw would be interested in supporting a "niche" game like CoH.

Can somebody explain me mTw's strategy behind this?

22 Mar 2014, 14:38 PM

They are hoping to restart their development in a small game like Company of Heroes 2 because one of the guys in charge was and has been a huge fan of the franchise. He wants the game to grow out of this niche market and actually become an entertaining E-Sports game.
22 Mar 2014, 16:10 PM

They are hoping to restart their development in a small game like Company of Heroes 2 because one of the guys in charge was and has been a huge fan of the franchise. He wants the game to grow out of this niche market and actually become an entertaining E-Sports game.

Can't he do the same with vcoh :P?
22 Mar 2014, 16:45 PM

Can't he do the same with vcoh :P?

Be my guest and ask him :D
22 Mar 2014, 17:15 PM

Highly competitive rng. How are we going to make a competitive scene when Relic doesn't seem like they want to make this game competitive.
22 Mar 2014, 17:33 PM

Why do you think coh2 should be an e-sports game?
22 Mar 2014, 18:00 PM

Why do you think coh2 should be an e-sports game?

Why shouldn't it be? It's a fun and engrossing game with some pretty fundamental flaws but the potential is very much there to be a great game just like vCoH was.

We can try and that is the point, just because it's not a straight road to making this game competitive doesn't mean we should just sit on our butts all day.
22 Mar 2014, 19:33 PM

Why shouldn't it be? It's a fun and engrossing game with some pretty fundamental flaws but the potential is very much there to be a great game just like vCoH was.

We can try and that is the point, just because it's not a straight road to making this game competitive doesn't mean we should just sit on our butts all day.

That's a good way to look at it. Any plans on doing something bigger than GR.org/coh2.org staff has done before? LANs? Better ways to get sponsors? Merchandise?
22 Mar 2014, 19:42 PM

That's a good way to look at it. Any plans on doing something bigger than GR.org/coh2.org staff has done before? LANs? Better ways to get sponsors? Merchandise?

Of course stuff like that is very much on the table and do-able. All of that will come because we have the necessary framework for it but we need numbers and that's our goal right now; liven the game up and promote it as much as possible.
22 Mar 2014, 19:53 PM

have to say mTw has the worst clan name ever. "mortal team work" soooooooo intimidating MVGame
22 Mar 2014, 20:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2014, 19:53 PMmorten1
have to say mTw has the worst clan name ever. "mortal team work" soooooooo intimidating MVGame

mTw is (was) a reasonably well known team though, with DotA, Sc2 and CS 1.6 teams. This will probably work in their favor when it comes to exposure.
22 Mar 2014, 20:05 PM

mTw is (was) a reasonably well known team though, with DotA, Sc2 and CS 1.6 teams. This will probably work in their favor when it comes to exposure.

fuck yeah man were going to Mortal Team work them to death
22 Mar 2014, 20:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2014, 20:05 PMmorten1

fuck yeah man were going to Mortal Team work them to death

As long as they stick to the abbreviation they'll be fine

greyface
22 Apr 2014, 10:34 AM

I would be happy if the game would develop at least like COH1.
Well and i know mTw and doubt they will continue the CoH 2 stuff.
22 Apr 2014, 10:55 AM
Senior Caster Badge

22 Apr 2014, 11:16 AM
Patrion 14

I would be happy if the game would develop at least like COH1.
Well and i know mTw and doubt they will continue the CoH 2 stuff.

We don't doubt it.
4 Jul 2014, 15:12 PM

What is mTw?
-Dead.

D:

Sry, but I just couldn't resist when I saw this thread :D
4 Jul 2014, 17:45 PM

maybe Tournaments when?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 29
Germany 744