Login

russian armor

Does Luftwaffe Have Any Potential?

18 Mar 2014, 23:51 PM

I have often thought, and often heard, that Luftwaffe Tactics is generally the most useless doctrine you can go with PE.

-You divert heavy amounts of fuel and manpower into emplacements that run a very high risk of being taken over by the enemy.
-Terrain is often misleading, what may look like a great place to plant an 88 flak that can shoot across the map may really be blocked off by an "invisible wall".
-Butterfly bombs are pretty useless against everything but small vehicles.
-Ambush ability with Falsch is really cool, but not really effective enough. Plus their ability to be deployed in any building is severely gimped on some levels with few buildings, and PE's strength comes from using your units in unison (Zeal).

Despite all this I still REALLY like the idea of the Luftwaffe, but often find myself disregarding it entirely for TD or SE. Does anybody know of a good guide or perhaps have some good points themselves on how to use Luftwaffe effectively?

Edit: Oh, and I mean in 1v1 and 2v2 primarily. Any strategy above that (3v3, 4v4) is generally just cheesy and unimpressive in my book.
19 Mar 2014, 00:13 AM

Luftwaffe is considered by some to by the strongest doctrine. The emplacements are generally worthless, but Luft ground forces come out with advanced repair, which allows you to use your Pgrens for combat, and saves you the cost of researching advanced repair. Additionally their large squad size allows you to re-man team weapons without having increased squad sizes.

Falls with FG-42s are some of the best anti-infantry in the game, albeit without good grenades. Especially with offensive vet they can tear through rifles like it's nothing. Add that onto the ability to deploy on any building on the map and they are very useful at tearing apart infantry.

Finally Camo on Ketten is great for harass and for keeping your kettenkrads alive and worthwhile late game. Do not underestimate how good ketten camo is, squads have to be ridiculously close to discover them, so toggle it off to quickly drive far enough away then toggle it on to prevent the rifles from shooting it during the escape.

It's not always the right doctrine, but it can be very powerful, specifically having advanced repairs that early in the game at a low cost.
19 Mar 2014, 08:47 AM

Luftwaffe Tactics is generally the most useless doctrine you can go with PE.

Just where did you hear that? It's not true at all.

Luftwaffe is one of the most powerful doctrine in the game for sure, especially early and mid game with its usefull and strong units call in. It can be good late game too with Flak 88 (situational) or Henschel 129 (which makes enemy armor become nearly useless)

A Fall squad hidden in cover in some far away points can wipe out whole enemy squad if your opponent fail to notice even a second.

Butterfly bombs can be used to reduce enemy sniper's effectiveness too.
19 Mar 2014, 09:42 AM

I have often thought, and often heard, that Luftwaffe Tactics is generally the most useless doctrine you can go with PE.

What a trash post :o
All your arguments are wrong.. Do you watch replays ? or youtube videos ?
Emplacements have never been a solution, especially with PE faction, which is supposed to win games on its maneuverability.
19 Mar 2014, 14:35 PM

Lol wtf Luft is the strongest PE doc.
19 Mar 2014, 17:58 PM
Patrion 14

-You divert heavy amounts of fuel and manpower into emplacements that run a very high risk of being taken over by the enemy.

The Flakvierling 38 is pretty much useless. Never saw it. The Flak 36 can be very usefull (more in 2vs2 then in 1vs1 i thik) but depends on your strategy. Of course you will have to protect it but its a second line weapon anyway.

-Butterfly bombs are pretty useless against everything but small vehicles.

Wrong. Its an very powerfull ability, very usefull vs infanterie.

-Ambush ability with Falsch is really cool, but not really effective enough. Plus their ability to be deployed in any building is severely gimped on some levels with few buildings, and PE's strength comes from using your units in unison (Zeal).

Fallschirmjäger are one of the strongest infanterie in game. With ambush the kill everything, even vet 3 rifles.

Also i miss the cloaked krad. Also very strong, more in 2vs2 then in 1vs1, like the 88.
20 Mar 2014, 10:50 AM

lol, luft is the best PE doctrine.
luftwaffe are supreme when it comes to repairing and capping.
falls with fg42s tear through rifles and tommies, especially when in cover
butterfly bombs are very good and are deployed over a large area
late game flak and hänschel obliterate any allies armor
20 Mar 2014, 15:28 PM

Are you also forgetting the wirblewind? This is PEs most powerful suppression tool by far, very useful against allied blobs.
20 Mar 2014, 21:06 PM

often people forget about shwims mark target ability from this doctrine, ive seen it only once used it was in 1v1 vs nide, and god it anihilated me, it gives pe really really strong early game
Kat
20 Mar 2014, 21:58 PM

You can never go wrong when you choose luftwaffe. Usefull in almost any situation. It has fast repairing, as well as anti-infantry, anti-armor, anti-sniper, anti-blob, even anti-air measures in spades. Kind of only weakness is early vulnerability to light armor (especially US stags with crew repair), which should be mitigated by trusty ATHTs anyway.
20 Mar 2014, 22:19 PM

I think calling my post trash is a little uncalled for. Yes, I am not great and the people I talk to about such things may not be pros with Youtube channels. Why the hell do you think I am here asking such a question...?

Thanks for the constructive replies though. I guess I have always thought that the intended highlight of Luftwaffe was the emplacements. I guess I just think that TD and SE can do much more with their call ins and the double panzershreks on grenadiers is just absolute man-mode. I'll have to try using Falsch to their full potential, as it sounds like they are the crutch to this doctrine?

At any rate thanks.
20 Mar 2014, 23:35 PM

Luftwaffe and its repair possibilities (Luftwaffe ground forces) go well together with fast armored cars... .
21 Mar 2014, 01:12 AM

No, Luftwaffe sucks. Better go tank hunters and spam Hetzers. AI does that, it's very pro.
21 Mar 2014, 01:22 AM

The thing I like most about LW is the Henschel strafing run. It's sick...

other than that, I like the LW field troops (repair, heavy flak) and ketten. 1-2 FJ's are ok in a pinch....

The wirbelwind is junk and so are the butterfly bombs.
21 Mar 2014, 03:05 AM

The thing I like most about LW is the Henschel strafing run. It's sick...

other than that, I like the LW field troops (repair, heavy flak) and ketten. 1-2 FJ's are ok in a pinch....

The wirbelwind is junk and so are the butterfly bombs.

21 Mar 2014, 04:58 AM

I think LW might be better for 1 v 1 than say, 4 v 4 (with lots of armor)
21 Mar 2014, 09:38 AM

I think LW might be better for 1 v 1 than say, 4 v 4 (with lots of armor)

And you think wrong good sir.

The more players, the more usefull the kettenkrad is.. So you can actually spot for your team mates' V1, firestorm, etc... Same as the Henschel run.

22 Mar 2014, 11:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2014, 09:38 AMPepsi

And you think wrong good sir.

The more players, the more usefull the kettenkrad is.. So you can actually spot for your team mates' V1, firestorm, etc... Same as the Henschel run.

And cloacked kettenkrad + wehr sniper = WSC US player tears.
24 Mar 2014, 13:17 PM
Coder Red Badge

Luft is definitely the strongest PE doctrine. The other two rely heavily on your opponent not playing correctly (by not dodging booby traps or not properly preparing for teller mines and heavy AT). Luft, on the other hand, gives you everything you need. You get extremely strong infantry with a large number of squad members, incredible synergy with cloaked Kettens and 88s, and a unit that makes repairing your vehicles much simpler. None of that can be easily countered by your opponent.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★