Login

russian armor

Countering Soviet T2-T3

9 Mar 2014, 18:33 PM
Senior Editor Badge

I remember about six months ago when the Maxim opening was popular... It was a horrible time for 1v1 as Germans and I was destroyed frequently.
I played two games in a row (against the same person in random 1v1s). The first game I used a Gren Gren MG MG Gren start, followed with a sniper after losing a Gren squad. I then saved up for a PG squad in the 250 HT, but I sent that out just as the T70 rolled into my base.

The second time around, I used a Gren AGren MG Mortar Gren start, and managed to do much better, albeit a T70 still appeared at the nine minute mark. I also upgraded my pio to a flamethrower (though it ended up blowing up on the poor bastard's back...) and an un-upgraded SC.
Both games were on Minsk pocket; I started in the North the first game, and South the second game.

I know that G43s are good at range and effective counters to snipers, but they are at 3 CPs.
The build order my opponent used was Engineer MG MG MG Mortar (flamer). the second game, in response to a scout car, he built an AT gun.
The first game I surrendered at about 10 minutes and the second game we disconnected (a problem I've experienced in 3 of the four games I've played in the last hour).

A link to the replay: http://www.coh2.org/replays/15038/german-v.-t2-t70-start
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS