Login

russian armor

T1 and T2?

9 Mar 2014, 07:59 AM

So I've been thinking about different builds as Sov's recently, and I haven't seen much evidence/talk of going T1 and T2 Soviet, similar to the Ostheer T1/T2 into Pz IV/T4.

I guess I'm kind of curious to see if anyone has experimented with it and made it work?
9 Mar 2014, 08:53 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

I have almost never seen it used, and have very rarely used it myself. The two tiers can certainly complement each other, especially when it comes to AT guns + snipers/penals. In the circumstances I have used this build, it was when I went T1+T4, and found myself needing more AT and had no fuel income.

One of the issues with this build is that T1 units are expensive (Sure, the scout car is cheap, but its still 20 fuel). If you were to start with T1 and build even 1 sniper or penal, your map control relative to your opponents T1 unit production would be lessened.

Similarly, if you started T2 and built T1 later, you would be investing an awful lot of resources to gain access to expensive units, which you would likely build only 1 or 2.

All of this is compounded by the plethora of Soviet commanders that include call in units similar to what you might get from a tier, or can help fill the gaps you are hoping to fill by building T1 and T2.
12 Mar 2014, 16:36 PM

I think its viable. If I start with Penals because I suspect Agren spam then I will also tech to T2 for Zis. With map control its not an issue because you will have extra fuel.

But if I start with T2 and go script heavy I never go to T1 though I may start to counter the Turtle Strat. Just to have flare really.
12 Mar 2014, 17:37 PM

It was actually a viable strategy when used in conjunction with the Guards-motor coordination tactics before the t34/85 cp nerf. I don't know if it still is. I've seen some replays with people using it reasonably well.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★