Login

russian armor

2v2 help needed please

22 Jun 2014, 12:35 PM
Patrion 14

Ok, this is fucking bullshit.

http://www.coh2.org/replay/18785/early-p4-snafu

I'm getting sick of the MG42 > Pz4 I face every single fucking game. There was nothing I could do to stop it, no matter what I did. Even T34/85s got owned by paks, and he just kept them coming..

Then to top it off, strafe. woo?
23 Jun 2014, 02:36 AM

Ok, this is fucking bullshit.

http://www.coh2.org/replay/18785/early-p4-snafu

I'm getting sick of the MG42 > Pz4 I face every single fucking game. There was nothing I could do to stop it, no matter what I did. Even T34/85s got owned by paks, and he just kept them coming..

Then to top it off, strafe. woo?

At the current state of the game, Soviets are borderline unbeatable in 2v2. There are many options, but this is maybe the easiest, build wise, nota bene, vanilla docs: Early game: Player 1 goes T1, 2 snipers, 2 cons, at nades, into 1-2 squads of guards. Player 2 goes T2, 4-5 maxims into ZiS. Maxims will secure you map presence while snipers drain manpower. Both are impossible to counter with Ost T1 and have excellent synergy. This combination in conjunction with the odd mine will also defeat any 222 play. Mid game: Player 1 eventually goes T4 brings out 1 (not more, you need fuel for T34/85, plus Su with button defeats P4/Stug reliably) Su85, any additional manpower goes into OPs. Player 2 brings out Shocks, 1-2 additional Zises and transitions into early T3 with T34/76. Late game: Player 1 spams T34/85. Player 2 goes for ISU. Voila.
Of course this is formulaic and has to be modified depending on the game. Still, even if you are a mediocre player, this will win you the game very, very often - and I am living proof of that. Seriously, you should not struggle with Soviets in this patch. Once your micro improves, the T1 player can also alternate M3s into the build, which quite often decide the game in your favour during the first five minutes.
23 Jun 2014, 09:20 AM
Patrion 14

So you recommend snipers instead of scout cars, to help counter early MG42 aggression?

I'm also going to call my teammate out on his awful BO (talking to him about it already).

But I still cannot understand how they are getting Pz4's out so fast, then locking me into my base so I can't do anything. It's happening every. single. game.

If its as easy as you say, why are we struggling so much?

Wouldn't mind some feedback on some of the replays either :/
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS