Login

russian armor

2v2 help needed please

8 Mar 2014, 22:15 PM
Benefactor 351

Hay guys my mate and I are really struggling with a good 2v2 tactic.

We seem to do ok early game. But/mid late seems to be becoming more and more of a problem. Any ideas would be greatfully appreciated...

Thanks
8 Mar 2014, 22:45 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Which faction?
8 Mar 2014, 22:46 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Which faction?

COH2.ORG » Forums » State Office » Red Army Strategies » 2v2 help needed please :)
8 Mar 2014, 23:04 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

COH2.ORG » Forums » State Office » Red Army Strategies » 2v2 help needed please :)

My bad, I usually just browse the site wide thread index so didn't notice that.

To answer your question:
What kind of doctrines do you and your teammates have?
8 Mar 2014, 23:40 PM
Benefactor 351

My bad, I usually just browse the site wide thread index so didn't notice that.

To answer your question:
What kind of doctrines do you and your teammates have?

We have all and willing to use any thing....

Any one got an idea
9 Mar 2014, 19:21 PM
Benefactor 351

9 Mar 2014, 21:33 PM

Try posting a replay in this tread, then I am sure you get plenty of help.
9 Mar 2014, 22:45 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

You have given us very little to work with as far as knowing what you usually do. I'll throw some ideas your way. Soviets have a number of options. I could spend all day writing them out, but I'll give you the quick and dirty.

If mid/late game is a problem, you are likely under prepared for that phase of the game tech/unit production wise. My 2v2 teams tend to have 1 person go T1, T4 + Guards, and 1 T2,T3 + Shocks. The T1 guy absolutely needs Guards, but shocks are optional.

Get an AT gun earlier then you normally do if you are often under prepared for tanks or FHT. This is a big issue for many players, they are not prepared when something powerful hits the field.

Mines! Mines! Mines! Plant mines at key flank points, in the middle of often traveled roads, etc. German late game armor depends on mobility, and a mine sets them up for disaster. If infantry hits the mine, it causes MP bleed. Be sure to replant mines in key places after they have been set off. It works well to place them in exactly the same spot, because the player often assumes "I already blew that mine, no need to worry."

Do not throw away tanks. The first few tank engagements are crucial in evenly matched games. Whoever loses a tank first is at a disadvantage. This means you should be smart about using your tank, but also be aggressive if an opportunity arises to kill an enemy tank.

Keep capping! You must keep the pressure on your enemies economy, and force them to retake territory. It is highly unlikely that the enemy has a unit stationed at or near every territory they control. Some players prefer to send weak units to do this type of capping, such as engis. I like sending something more powerful, such as ppsh cons, shocks, MG + engi/con, penals, etc. If the unit can hold its own, it can push off enemy units trying to do the same thing.

One of you needs SU85s. At least 2.

Don't hold out for doctrinal heavy armor if you aren't decisively winning the tank battles early. They will overwhelm you.

Hopefully some of this helps. If not, blame yourself for not giving us anything to work with!
10 Mar 2014, 08:33 AM

Spam 12 Cons with your mate flooding the map, one T3 for reinforcing and ram, one T4 for SU85 and loltsusha

Easy enough?
10 Mar 2014, 09:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2014, 08:33 AMPorygon
Spam 12 Cons with your mate flooding the map, one T3 for reinforcing and ram, one T4 for SU85 and loltsusha

Easy enough?

Youre like Nullist v2.0
10 Mar 2014, 12:21 PM
Benefactor 351

Imro my team mate will explain more.

Here is our build below
10 Mar 2014, 12:34 PM

Well our strat looks like this, i go t1 t3 while relying on call ins from Armored Assault doctrine for later on. The build order is like this (most of the time)build t1 + cons,penals,cons,scout car,sniper,cons and then a t34 and m5. And then situational t34 85s or Is2. atnas goes tier 2 tier 4 or tier 3 depends on the map and situation. I ocasionaly mine some key points and get some early wire up. Atnas mostly picks a doctrine with schocks. This kind of is our strat at this point.
10 Mar 2014, 18:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Mar 2014, 22:45 PMOhme
You have given us very little to work with as far as knowing what you usually do. I'll throw some ideas your way. Soviets have a number of options. I could spend all day writing them out, but I'll give you the quick and dirty.

If mid/late game is a problem, you are likely under prepared for that phase of the game tech/unit production wise. My 2v2 teams tend to have 1 person go T1, T4 + Guards, and 1 T2,T3 + Shocks. The T1 guy absolutely needs Guards, but shocks are optional.

Get an AT gun earlier then you normally do if you are often under prepared for tanks or FHT. This is a big issue for many players, they are not prepared when something powerful hits the field.

Mines! Mines! Mines! Plant mines at key flank points, in the middle of often traveled roads, etc. German late game armor depends on mobility, and a mine sets them up for disaster. If infantry hits the mine, it causes MP bleed. Be sure to replant mines in key places after they have been set off. It works well to place them in exactly the same spot, because the player often assumes "I already blew that mine, no need to worry."

Do not throw away tanks. The first few tank engagements are crucial in evenly matched games. Whoever loses a tank first is at a disadvantage. This means you should be smart about using your tank, but also be aggressive if an opportunity arises to kill an enemy tank.

Keep capping! You must keep the pressure on your enemies economy, and force them to retake territory. It is highly unlikely that the enemy has a unit stationed at or near every territory they control. Some players prefer to send weak units to do this type of capping, such as engis. I like sending something more powerful, such as ppsh cons, shocks, MG + engi/con, penals, etc. If the unit can hold its own, it can push off enemy units trying to do the same thing.

One of you needs SU85s. At least 2.

Don't hold out for doctrinal heavy armor if you aren't decisively winning the tank battles early. They will overwhelm you.

Hopefully some of this helps. If not, blame yourself for not giving us anything to work with!
10 Mar 2014, 18:50 PM

im very new to this game and me and my buddy or trying to get better but im reading alot of stuff on here but i dont understand the names you guys give for units like t1, t4 anything like that and im wondering if there is a guide for the names you guys call things on here
10 Mar 2014, 19:11 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

im very new to this game and me and my buddy or trying to get better but im reading alot of stuff on here but i dont understand the names you guys give for units like t1, t4 anything like that and im wondering if there is a guide for the names you guys call things on here

Try this: http://www.coh2.org/guides/5732/company-of-heroes-2-basic-concepts-and-glossary

If you look at the buildings you are able to build with your engineer/pioneer squad, read it from Left -> Right, T1 on the left, T4 on the far right.
10 Mar 2014, 21:17 PM
Benefactor 351

So any idea?.... well get a reply etc 2moz if/when we lose
17 Mar 2014, 18:23 PM
17 Mar 2014, 19:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2014, 08:33 AMPorygon

Easy enough?

in most cases, that's an "I win" button.
22 Jun 2014, 02:18 AM
Patrion 14

You guys mind helping me and a buddy out as well?

We're really struggling with our 2v2's at the moment, its getting impossible to get anywhere. Our games quickly turn into protracted, brutal standoffs, which we can't win. MG42's are a constant issue for us, and I can't see an easy way around it.

I will say, my Micro is gooddamn awful and I float a great deal simply because I can't decide what unit to build.

Any help would be really appreciated. Some replays:
http://www.coh2.org/replay/18767/2v2
http://www.coh2.org/replay/18769/2v2-loss
http://www.coh2.org/replay/18770/2v2-kharkov-sniper-strat

From advice so far in this thread, it seems like our T3 heavy strategy isn't working great, and we need to coordinate more on T1/2 split.
22 Jun 2014, 02:57 AM
Honorary Member Badge

I don't play 2v2, even so I think I can say I would not go T3 with Armoured Assault.

That gives you better tanks but no better breadth of capability.

Going T4 gives you more options

If you are doing that then your partner can go T3 and get an ISU 152 which, for the moment anyway the Germans find hard to deal with.

A good rule of thumb is to do whatever people in the opposite faction are complaining about.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 38
unknown 11
unknown 10

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak