Login

russian armor

Open 2v2 Tourney #1 Rules

8 Mar 2014, 22:13 PM

mTw Open 2vs2 Tournament Official Rules

Registration

The tournament is open to everyone. Players are asked to register in the "Sign-ups Thread" and close on Friday at midnight GMT. Steam Alias and Steam ID# are required from each player. Sign-ups are taken on a first come, first serve basis. Players who sign up after the size breaks (16) will be placed in a Waiting List.

Checking-in on Tournament Day

On tournament day, all players will have to check in. To do this, join the mTw COH2 steamgroup chatroom. Simply chat the following message: '<Playernames> checking in.' Check-ins will be open from 16:30 GMT on Saturday 15th & Sunday 16th. You will find Cataclaw and VonIvan in the chat checking you in and answering any questions you may have.

Rules and Tournament Settings

• Single-Elimination
  • Best-of-three for all the games except the Finals (Best-of-five).
  • 500 Victory Point, Standard Resources.
  • Fixed Positions ON.
  • Mirror matches are not allowed.
  • Mixed teams are not allowed.
  • Intel Bulletins are not allowed.
  • Commanders are all allowed.
  • Soviets always play on slots 1 & 2, Germans always play on slots 3 & 4.
  • All replays of the games must be saved and uploaded to this thread.
  • Names: Player names must match the names presented in the sign up thread.
  • Faction Choice: The players on top of the bracket list play Soviets first then you switch for Game 2 & so on.
  • Tie (1-1 scenario): In the event of a tie, the Victory Points leader (the team which had the greater number of total Victory Points after the first 2 games) may choose their faction. Remember to take a note of the VP count at the end of each game.
  • 1 minute rule: If a player disconnects from the game during the first 60 seconds the game must be restarted.
  • No-shows: If your opponents do not show up after the first 10 minutes following the start of the day (17:10 GMT), they will be disqualified and you will advance to the next round.

BONUS: Winners of the tournament will be playing two Relic employees.

Map List

• Qualifiers (16 teams) - Langreskaya Summer
  • Quarter Finals (8 teams) - Road to Kharkov
  • Semi Finals (4 teams) - Kholodny Ferma Summer
  • Finals (2 teams) - Crossing In The Woods & Semoskiy Winter (Ace Game)
  • 3rd Place Match - Rzhev Summer

8 Mar 2014, 22:15 PM

WOOT WOOT! Hype.
8 Mar 2014, 22:29 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

What a weird map pool
Cool tourney though!
8 Mar 2014, 22:42 PM

We're tired of some of the 2v2 maps, these should provide for both more interesting games & we'll get to see how you guys adapt to the maps that are not in 2v2 rotation.
9 Mar 2014, 06:07 AM

conflict of interest much? Two tournaments in the same week both 2v2?
9 Mar 2014, 06:28 AM

I think a better way of putting it would be more opportunity to expand the 2v2 tourney realm, as currently it's not even close to minimal ESL standards attendance wise, the more events, the better, even if timing is an issue sometimes.
9 Mar 2014, 11:34 AM

Ok, but really, Road to Kharkov? :(
9 Mar 2014, 12:21 PM

That's one weird map pool :/ Kholodny summer in 2v2 ? Really ? I'm not an expert but I'm pretty sure that this map along with Langres and Crossing in the woods won't make for good games. Everything will be clumped up when the armys become bigger etc :( The other maps aren't great either. Where are R&M and Moscow ?
9 Mar 2014, 13:46 PM

I agree, why would you exclude the better 2v2 maps like Moscow and Rails and Metal, just because of variety?

If you want gg's get the best maps in.
9 Mar 2014, 13:53 PM

Just because the maps aren't in your comfort zone doesn't mean that they will not be good games.

This is not the last tournament lads. ^_^

RtN tournament is invitational and flexible, i don't see any issues here at all.
9 Mar 2014, 16:27 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

The point is that you picked maps that are exclusively in the comfort zone of 1v1 players.
9 Mar 2014, 16:37 PM

RtN tournament is invitational and flexible, i don't see any issues here at all.

This exactly :) our tournament is basically testing the waters since none of us have any experience running a tournament so we want to get a feel for things in a small, flexible setting before we open things up to a larger audience/the community as a whole.

Also, in my book, the more tournaments COH2 has, the better. I'm definitely going to be playing in the next ESL, and mTw's and I'd highly encourage everyone (even if you don't think you're that good) to sign up for both. The more the community gets involved in the competitive/tournament scene the more likely we are to grow/expand/etc

Thanks to the mTw guys for setting this up! Hope for some sick games :)
10 Mar 2014, 16:10 PM

Permanently Banned
Ahhh I'm sad I can't play this, the map pool would make for some interesting games.

The only map I would truly question is Kholodny. Maybe they can change the rules for the map and let right-side spawn win if they can hold 1 VP for more than 2 minutes.
11 Mar 2014, 09:41 AM
Patrion 14

We'll see how the matches go on these maps and analyse them for our future tourneys ^^
21 Mar 2014, 15:20 PM

seriously, what the fook with map list? Langres again? or Kholodny? why not Rails and Metal map which is pretty good for 2v2 or Moscow outskirts?
21 Mar 2014, 15:28 PM
Patrion 14

This map list is outdated Barton, it was the map list for the mTw 2v2 tournament. For the community challenge, Crossing in the Woods will be the chosen map.
21 Mar 2014, 15:28 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Rails and metal is for people who don't want to flank :D
21 Mar 2014, 20:21 PM

Barton, Rails & Metal is a good 2v2 map? HAHAHAHA. These maps were chosen for a reason so I don't understand the puzzled look of some guys.
21 Mar 2014, 20:29 PM
Donator 11

i dont like rails in coh2 either but to be honest it fits 2v2 far better than woods.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 32
Germany 756
unknown 20
Germany 2
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L