Login

russian armor

Stalingrad Bridge Defense

6 Mar 2014, 15:46 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I've been trying to do this and I'm having a bitch of a time with it. Got the PIV to trip vet once and had two AT guns, MG's, vetted flamer and LMG squads, tripvet mortar and PTRS squads,... still got rolled by multiple tanks and hordes of inf at around level 14-15. And there are 17 levels? Dangbro! Definitely a hard one on General.

Anybody done it, any tips? I don't build many static defenses (not my style as a player)... should I?
6 Mar 2014, 15:56 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Garrison buildings is the core to win the game, especially on the left side of the map. Try to get your MGs and the partisans with LMGs into them, the AI will constantly fight them instead of grouping at some point and pushing you. The key factor to win is saving munitions and spending them wisely (mostly to repair your tanks with PRTS Partisans.

Also, save after each wave starting from 12-13 so if you lose you always have a chance to do it again ;)
6 Mar 2014, 17:40 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Marco recommends Save after each wave.

I AM NOT COMPANY OF PUSSIES :P

But thx for the buildings tip, I noticed how strong they are, but haven't tried to really exploit them. I've mostly just garrisoned the two buildings closest to me on the left side. I guess I need to expand out more.

You get 1 free MG. Do you call other MG's after this?

Call order I've been using is PTRS dudes first (so I can vet them and repair the tank), then MG (one each side), then mortar. Then it's mostly partisans to merge w vet squads, & try to grab as many dropped flamers as possible.
6 Mar 2014, 20:16 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

A couple of MGs (one for each side) are enough, then what you need are Partisans with LMGs inside houses. A mortar is an option I would consider too (just leave it at the center of the bridge and it would out alone pinned squads).
6 Mar 2014, 23:39 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I got to 15 tonight and got stomped by all those PIVs. :(
7 Apr 2014, 10:49 AM

Tried it twice, failed twice. Partisans are so squishy...
7 Apr 2014, 11:23 AM

Permanently Banned
Try 1942 Kharkov mission... :D
7 Apr 2014, 16:52 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I gave up completing this on General! I resigned to completing it on middle difficulty, where you only have to make it to 13 or 14 waves. I like to tell myself that the changes to buildings (making them less invincible, thank goodness) have made it a helluva lot harder. I could image in a previous patch you could just expand into the houses and sit there and win. But if you try that now you get pwned. I'd like to see someone stream or do a vod of themselves completing the mission to General in this patch. A real amazing performance would be to do it with no saves. That would be utrahardmode.
7 Apr 2014, 17:17 PM

Also, save after each wave starting from 12-13 so if you lose you always have a chance to do it again ;)

:D Duuuude... that's not how you play it!
Cheater!

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Apr 2014, 11:23 AMakosi
Try 1942 Kharkov mission... :D

Im-pos-siiibiléééé
"Ok, this time I'm going to be careful and think about every step I take"

5 min later

"SCREW THIS, THIS ISN'T EVEN COOL!"
7 Apr 2014, 18:05 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Actually I won it the first attempt, I was just trying to help xD
7 Apr 2014, 18:29 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Then it should be even easier for you the second time, when you stream it, RITE? :unsure:
8 Apr 2014, 07:00 AM
Patrion 15

For me blobing up on the bridge with HMG's covering both approaches worked well. You just have to be careful, precision strike mortar's and build sandbags for green cover.

Sometimes enemy unit starts to cap up left vp (one with disabled p4) but it's not visible from the bridge because it's behind fence. If you put your unit inside vp circle on the bridge, it prevents capping and you can just wait to build up mp/ammunition.
8 Apr 2014, 07:39 AM

Permanently Banned
Marcus, you should pay attention to new patch, because with new changes i could only make that 42 kharkov mission by sending a TA to the enemy base.
3 May 2014, 10:51 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Anyone given this a go in the new patch?

I have this and Kharkov Divide between me and 100% completion and I know both will be very hard
3 May 2014, 11:10 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

I found this mission pretty easy and completed it this week on general.
Can't remember exactly but the mg42 is crucial ont he right side and you want a maximpartisan on the left side. Get 1-2 mortar squads and a at squad asap to vet 1 so you can rep the tank. Be sure to get the 2 or 3 ammo boxes and get the 2 paks just in case.
dont bother picking up the PTRS, they cut down your dps and you have atguns for that. LMG's are brutal
I also had the "luck" that some enemies got stuck OOB so I had to chase them down for them to spawn so I got a lot of extra time :P
if you want i can record it
5 May 2014, 11:00 AM
Honorary Member Badge

I managed it today

3 hours 38 minutes

Like you I got a pause (in wave 10) where someone did not enter and I took advantage of that to run some errands whilst the munitions built up

I also took advantage to lay lots of sandbags across the entrances in the hope of triggering that again.

It seemed to work because afterwards that seemed to happen a lot.

My respect to anyone who has pulled this off "legitmately"

Now, Kharkov Pursuit
5 May 2014, 13:40 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

6 May 2014, 01:07 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Where the Lion's skin does not cover it must be patched with that of the fox
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 41
Germany 30