Login

russian armor

Smurfing possible? :(

5 Mar 2014, 17:23 PM
Patrion 14

Hey people!

I saw you can now share librarys with games on the computer on steam. Its called family sharing. I have two account, so I shared the games. But now I saw when I opened Company of Heroes (duuuh, first thing I tried ;) ) my stats were reset. On my other account they were not..

Anyone else has the same thing going on? :)

Greetings,
Staf
5 Mar 2014, 18:45 PM
Coder Red Badge

Your Elo is linked to your Steam login. So no, you can't smurf unless you buy another key and put it on another Steam account.
5 Mar 2014, 21:43 PM

Are you sure Inverse? If I use the CoH2 from my brother, which elo does it use then?
5 Mar 2014, 23:24 PM
Patrion 14

Yup, I'm pretty sure now you can smurf with shared librarys.. Played a few games on the other account because I thought maybe I get my old stats back when I play a few games. Didn't happen..

Inverse, if your Elo is linked to your Steam login. For example: I used to login with Example1. Now I login with Example2, because I can also access CoH from Example2 with shared librarys its pretty normal you get a fresh start on the leaderboards.
6 Mar 2014, 00:24 AM
Coder Red Badge

New leaderboard stats doesn't mean new Elo rating. It was the same in vCoH before the switch, your Elo was linked to your main Relic Online account. You could create new profiles but they would still have your same ranking for matchmaking.
6 Mar 2014, 03:44 AM

So I tested it and you can actually use another account on the same computer and have a completely fresh stat sheet with the same unlocked commanders you have on your main, so long as you allow the family share access thing for your other account. However, you will be missing bulletins that were unlocked on the main account as well as not have access to the few commanders that actually require an in game level to use.

At the end of the day it doesn't really make a difference, given enough games the new account will reach the appropriate MMR. Unless that individual continually kept making new steam accounts to enjoy the 4-5 "face roll" matches until they are at the skill level they are meant to be at.
6 Mar 2014, 17:14 PM
Patrion 15

So I tested it and you can actually use another account on the same computer and have a completely fresh stat sheet with the same unlocked commanders you have on your main, so long as you allow the family share access thing for your other account. However, you will be missing bulletins that were unlocked on the main account as well as not have access to the few commanders that actually require an in game level to use.

At the end of the day it doesn't really make a difference, given enough games the new account will reach the appropriate MMR. Unless that individual continually kept making new steam accounts to enjoy the 4-5 "face roll" matches until they are at the skill level they are meant to be at.

I don't think your getting it, mate. Stat sheet reset does not equal MMR reset!
6 Mar 2014, 20:17 PM

I don't think your getting it, mate. Stat sheet reset does not equal MMR reset!

On my "alt" account I honestly felt like it was an mmr reset, the first 8 games were, well, "face roll" matches. People who seem really new to the game. I was getting those matches really quickly too, as oppossed to on my "main" account where it will take me like 5-10 mins + of searching then and only then I get a much lesser skilled player.

Call it how you want but thats how it went
6 Mar 2014, 20:58 PM
Patrion 14

Same here, the matches I get now are more vs people that feel more new to the game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★