Login

russian armor

Whats going on???

4 Mar 2014, 19:40 PM

hey guys

Im getting so worked about my gameplay lately although ive been out the game for 2 or 3 months i still expected to be able to win games as ostheer. my 1v1 rank was around 1000 when i stopped and i have been down to about 650 before but now that im back i just cant win. i think i won one lost one won another and now im on a 8 loss streak!!!

i just cant beat the reds. i dont know if its just me being extremely rusty or has the game changed that much in 2 months.

at first i was going: (build order)

g/mg/g/mg - with this i just struggled as i was being swarmed and even though the mgs pin quickly the cons always get just close enough for a molotov and its downhill from there

pio/pio/pgrens - just kept losing the manpower race

so i saw a game of captainPrice and decided to try a ...
sniper/4x grens - and i am playing a little better with this. id usually get lmg42 to make up for no mg42 but all they do is go ppsh which just seems to own lmg42. ok so i went pgren and/or flame halftrack but they usually have more than one ppsh cons to swarm pgrens and one AT nade with zis or guards and its gg

i may be talking a load of crap but this is just my opinion at the moment.

i would appreciate any ideas or help with my current situation or any comments you have on the situation

heres a link to my latest game
http://www.coh2.org/replays/14853/what-happens-when-you-over-tech...

thanks

4 Mar 2014, 20:18 PM

Try a bigger T1. I usually go something like g/g/mg/mg/g and then maybe a mortar, depending on map and situation.

Keep your mgs close to each other so you can retreat one of them into the cone of fire of the other. Don't be afraid to pack up your mg and move back a bit while the cons crawl on the ground suppressed.

After that just reacting to your opponent. I usually go for a pgren and pak into a p4 or flamer halftrack (depending on opponent). Of course, when up against snipers don't go for pgrens ;)

With the popularity of the new soviet commander with radio intercept i suggest going for strong solid builds instead of cheesy ones that rely on shock value.
4 Mar 2014, 20:27 PM

thanks for the comments ill definitely go with a bigger t1 from now on
4 Mar 2014, 20:34 PM
Donator 11

4 Mar 2014, 20:36 PM

lol funny one

just managed to win my 1st game in 9 thanks to a larger than usual t1. i think ive learnt not to rush into t2 heres the link...its a quick game i basically won just with t1. check it out and any please add any comments

http://www.coh2.org/replays/14857/quick-ostheer-win-on-langres
5 Mar 2014, 01:01 AM

You won in 10 minutes, I don't think that's worth having a look at as you obviously rolled over him.

Just keep up what you're doing and if you find yourself losing a few games and you don't know what you're doing wrong, post a replay then, and I'll have a look.

Edit: You always learn more from a loss than you do a win.
5 Mar 2014, 02:05 AM
Donator 11

If you are still having difficulties, post a longer replay, preferably a game where you have lost and we will try to help you.
5 Mar 2014, 02:54 AM
Donator 22

In the early game, soviets start with a scout car and can chase off your support weapons, So as Ost you might want to have a 'core army' in the most strategically important part of the map until you get T2, then you can spread your forces out more.

I would suggest getting at least two mgs and two mortars at the start as well. My build order might be g,mg,g,mg,mortar,g,mortar.
5 Mar 2014, 05:31 AM

The new standard game for the russians is PPSh conscript spam into T-34 spam. I think the key against this (like many others have said) is getting as many LMGs on your grens as possible before the cons get PPShs. When the cons get PPShs they are most likely already at veterancy level 2 - this is when the trouble begins. Conscripts vet up so easily.

I'm also supporting the quite big T1 build idea, involving preferably 2 MG42s. The new air superiority commander (it's for free) is really good against the radio intercept doctrine since you can just convert fuel into munitions and upgrade schrecks and use those in combination with PaKs against the T-34 spam. You can also plant S-mines on key points. Also the strafe lets you keep those PPSh blobs away. Another option is to go for the spearhead doctrine and use the mortar halftrack with the incendiary barrage. It is really effective against blobs.

Hope it helps!
5 Mar 2014, 06:57 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Mar 2014, 05:31 AMTNrg
The new air superiority commander (it's for free) is really good against the radio intercept doctrine since you can just [...]
a few corrections.

1. It's called close air support
2. It was only free for 5 days
3. It's currently not even available form the steam store. :(
5 Mar 2014, 08:50 AM

a few corrections.

1. It's called close air support
2. It was only free for 5 days
3. It's currently not even available form the steam store. :(

Sorry, my mistake :C Stupid though, I think it should be free and available for everyone if it has been free for someone.
5 Mar 2014, 09:18 AM
Patrion 14

Its alright. About it being free, it was part of a event they had, a contest between coh2 and Rome2. I leave a link here for refernce in case somebody wonder what that was all about Make war not love

It kind of boggles my mind why it isnt available for purchase even. As it is now its now, there are two commanders that are impossible to get if you missed this window. Thats silly imo.
5 Mar 2014, 09:36 AM

ya i never got any of the free commanders.
that is always a difficult decision. either take a commander with strong abilities or one with strong call in units
5 Mar 2014, 19:35 PM

well heres a longer replay...just when i thought i had it it was all over...i must say though i had a couple squad wipes where i just wasnt paying attention

http://www.coh2.org/replays/14889/where-did-i-go-wrong
5 Mar 2014, 20:43 PM

My preferred commander is still the (free) one with tank smoke, pak43, command tank and railway arty. Really solid commander that maybe isn't always the best choice possible, but you're also never wrong with it.
5 Mar 2014, 20:47 PM

ya i used to use that doc a lot but in 1v1 i would never build pak43 and id hardly evr hull down tanks
5 Mar 2014, 21:04 PM

ya i used to use that doc a lot but in 1v1 i would never build pak43 and id hardly evr hull down tanks

pak43 is actually really great if you're behind tech and facing an overwhelming armored force, or against su85 or against heavy tanks. try to keep it a surprise so you can kill a heavy tank in one swift attack. Then it has paid for itself and all the extra time it lives is just bonus.
5 Mar 2014, 21:34 PM

ya its just too easy for them to flame it somehow with some ability and most maps dont suit it either id say
5 Mar 2014, 21:35 PM

6 Mar 2014, 08:42 AM

Try a bigger T1. I usually go something like g/g/mg/mg/g and then maybe a mortar, depending on map and situation.

Keep your mgs close to each other so you can retreat one of them into the cone of fire of the other. Don't be afraid to pack up your mg and move back a bit while the cons crawl on the ground suppressed.

After that just reacting to your opponent. I usually go for a pgren and pak into a p4 or flamer halftrack (depending on opponent). Of course, when up against snipers don't go for pgrens ;)

With the popularity of the new soviet commander with radio intercept i suggest going for strong solid builds instead of cheesy ones that rely on shock value.

I used this to good effect. I did, however, go for a mortar instead of the last Grenadier, but yeah. It's a good starting BO.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United Kingdom 169
unknown 7
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak