Login

russian armor

How to deal with massive conscript spam?

2 Mar 2014, 20:12 PM

Topic title. Speaking of more than 5 squads. You lose all map control early game with your few gren squads and when you get PGrens to counter the conscripts he will just pop PPShs on all of them and run over everything. And with PGrens you lose shitloads of MP in reinforcement costs. From that point on they become unstoppable, flamer HT is too weak to handle that many squads blobbing against it.

So how to deal with this before the opponent gains 3 cps and runs over everything all over the map?
2 Mar 2014, 20:32 PM

LMG Grens do really well
3 Mar 2014, 11:45 AM

LMG Grens do really well

Against close to 10 conscripts vetting up to vet 2 or vet 3 in no-time?

This is what I have tried, but no matter what you have you cannot fight those huge blobs. If you get LMGs on only 2 grens that's already 120 munitions = no schrecks anytime soon, especially since you lose all map control since the soviet player can just blob on you in any part of the map.
3 Mar 2014, 13:00 PM

Gren + Mg42 >>> cons blob every time.
3 Mar 2014, 16:26 PM

LMG42 can help, but a wise consspamer will avoid the LMG squad and riot somewhere else, or trying to brute force overrunning the LMG at all cost.

I think the best solution is MG bunker, and more S mines at choke, that the consspamer cannot do anything to it, and forcing him to invest a Zis, that will force him using the manpower instead of more cons.
3 Mar 2014, 18:53 PM

Spam Grens with g43's and go for brumbar
3 Mar 2014, 20:01 PM

I think the best solution is MG bunker, and more S mines at choke, that the consspamer cannot do anything to it

MG bunker sounds like a good option, as do S mines. However with the advanced warfare doc that like 80 % of people are using, your opponent will know everything you do and prepare for it right away.

But indeed S-mine spamming and MG bunkers could work miracles with the new german commander with the munitions conversion ability.
19 Mar 2014, 22:22 PM

same problem. Main issue is I loose map control due to the huge numbers of units on the field then its basically over.
20 Mar 2014, 09:39 AM

It depends a lot if we are talking 1v1 or team games.
On team games, I go mostly MG42 in the beginning. As I get to T2 I compliment it with PGrens, but I try to fight only close to the MGs.

You want to avoid the blob-against-blob scenario, as it gets pretty unpredictable and ultimately boring to play. The PGrens will be super effective against suppressed enemies. Also, a blobber will always move as a single large army. Try to always cap the parts of the map is not at. Your goal is to get to the late game asap.

I don't do LMGs or Flamers, as this would spend munitions that I'll rather use on mines and the occasional Flame Halftrack and/or bundled grenades (on suppressed troops).

If he gets to 10 units on his blob, then we are talking mid to late game already. At this point some specific blob control unit will help - a Brummbar or a Panzerwerfer. On team games where there's always that dude who will only blob like there's no tomorrow, I find that 2 well-managed Panzerwerfers essentially nullify the blob.
20 Mar 2014, 12:05 PM

It depends a lot if we are talking 1v1 or team games.

Was talking about 1v1 games.

The real problem is the early game when all you have is MGs to deal with it, especially on maps with nasty cut offs like Langreskaya north, Crossing in the woods or really big maps like Minsk.

He can just blob on your cut off and overwhelm you. You need all your units just to defend the cut off while he can still cap the fuels and other points on the map with his combat engies or 1 conscript squad. If you don't defend the cut-off and cap elsewhere you easily overextend and take a lot of casualties since he most likely has a lot of units on your retreat paths.

If you make one micro mistake during the early game with MGs you will lose all map control thus giving the soviet player huge advantage in fuel since it's very hard to come back against an overwhelming army. You will most likely be so far behind you can't even get tanks to counter his late game tank spam and you just have to cope with MGs against his blobs - again you can't afford any mistakes.

Your only option from this point on is to get multiple PaKs and hope you have munitions for schrecks. In general it's very unforgiving for the german player.
20 Mar 2014, 13:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2014, 12:05 PMTNrg

He can just blob on your cut off and overwhelm you.

I have certainly experienced this with both factions
Some maps more prone to it than others

Conscript spam is quite uninspiring though and I wish the meta would shift
20 Mar 2014, 16:56 PM

MG42 is useful in this situation.

Assault grenadiers are also the best early game counter to conscripts.
20 Mar 2014, 20:05 PM

MG42 is useful in this situation.

Assault grenadiers are also the best early game counter to conscripts.

If you go assgrens, a good soviet player will pick shocks or go for flamer clown cars or rush a T-70 -> gg
20 Mar 2014, 22:00 PM

Depending on the map just get 3 mg42s out, fast tech to t2 and get a fht out to cover the flanks, then go for pgs.
21 Mar 2014, 11:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Mar 2014, 11:45 AMTNrg

Against close to 10 conscripts vetting up to vet 2 or vet 3 in no-time?

This is what I have tried, but no matter what you have you cannot fight those huge blobs. If you get LMGs on only 2 grens that's already 120 munitions = no schrecks anytime soon, especially since you lose all map control since the soviet player can just blob on you in any part of the map.

More cons means less team weapons and snipers on the battlefield. There is no need to upgrade to shreks. Ppsh on all cons (and you were talking about 10?????? cons) will take 300 muni out of his pocket. In turn, this indicates lack of munition for soviet player to plant mines or throw at nades in large quantaties. Just upgrade your grens with LMG42, and punish soviets with team weapons.
If same situation persists during midgame, you could get three PIV and push him away. Again, more cons means less vehicles.
IMO, any unbalanced army is easy to defeat. Spamming ppsh cons all day is a wron way to go.
21 Mar 2014, 23:09 PM

ive been playing a strat lately which flourishes against con spam.

1)take elite troops doctrin.
2)get 4 gren squads and use troop training on 2 gren squads and give them lmg42s
3)then a sniper or mg42 depending on map

strategy: run grens in pairs. each pair must have one vetted gren squad with lmg42. then harrass from distance with sniper. they will probably try hoorah to your sniper or charge him and thats when your grens will just eat them . (oh and very important is to focus all fire on one con squad at a time to go for squad wipes otherwise they too will get vet very quickly.)
also make sure that you use early game dominance to hold fuel because you will need it for troop training and teching.
i also use 3 gren bulletins so i guess you can call it a super gren strat haha

i think id rather face con spam than sniper spam though haha

thats just something to try out. NOTE im no pro thats just my 50cents
22 Mar 2014, 11:06 AM

Permanently Banned
In my opinion, it's a bit easy for the soviet player especially in 2vs2 to spam cons with ppsh into SU - 85 and Katyusha. Your PG's and Grens will get destroyed due to katyusha and you have nuffin back to stop the cons rush.
BTW when my buddy and I play soviets we just play this strat and lost 1 out of 10 games lol.
22 Mar 2014, 18:05 PM

"Machineguns, Machineguns, Machineguns"
3 well-coordinated MG42 destroy every infantry heavy strat. Use attack move (Hotkey: A) every time you move an mg and use pios or grens to support. I normally go: T1 = Gren, 2x MG's, Gren, MG Grens cap and take on suppressed Cons, while supported by two of the MG's.
The other one is gonna protect a fuel point. Go for FHT to burn the bolsheviks. Massive cons mean at-nades and molotov-spam, but ppsh spam needs a lot of ammo. Still be carefull.

Change MG positions always and katyushas have limited effect. Build 2 paks to deal with T3 before you get a tank or 3 if he denies you fuel, or if you know he is going for T4.

MG's always need to support each other to avoid flanking.
For late game use Ostwind or Brummbär. Brummi is useful against T3, too, because of it's aoe and stun ability, both regular shots and target weak point, giving paks free shots.
NEVER LOSE THE INITIATIVE! Flank, use MG's aggressive and show him you are not feared of his red hordes. Also use the incendiary rounds of the MG's.
22 Mar 2014, 21:36 PM

heres my new german clown car strat vs con spam(ppsh) and dual snipers check it out.

http://www.coh2.org/replays/15464/german-clown-car
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS