Login

russian armor

Elite Troops

28 Feb 2014, 19:15 PM

Today I had really ridiculous game. 2v2 agasint germans with elite troops doctrine. After 4-6mins they attacked with 2 gren squads 3 vet upgraded with MG.
Simple question how stop them? Cons are dying so fast I cant even put MG in right position.
Elite inf are avaible from 2 CP so the only way is MGs spam but army created only with MG wont handle. I could go T1 and use snipers but I also need ZiS and MGs. building T1 and T2 isnt wise in 2v2 (I guess)
So how beat germans who are using elite troops doctrine?

Btw why soviets need upgrade (at nades/ptrs) to stun permanently/temporarily vehicles while germans can use panzerfaust with no additional requirements?
1 Mar 2014, 04:18 AM

I would say that you have to pull back a little and be a bit more defensive with your MG placement and Con squads. Make sure they're set up in green cover, and try and dance around him a bit with Con squads heading to cap behind him, retreating if they come under attack.

Remember that everytime he vets a squad he spends 80MP and 20 fuel. So if he's vetted 3 squads he's spent 240 MP and 60 fuel which is going to significantly delay his tech, and deny him an additional unit on the field. So taking that into account, it's not as necessary to get a Pak out as quickly, provided that you're still harassing his fuel income.
2 Mar 2014, 16:34 PM

My partner and I find the Elite commander to be one of the toughest to deal with currently, especially if they go double elite. You really have to find a way to be super aggressive and keep their map control to a minimum. (Easier said than done...)

I usually go guard motor T1-T3 and get 2 snipers to guards and T34 as quick as possible. My partner mixes up his doc some, but he always tech's T2-T4 to compliment with Maxim's and SU-85's with cons for capping power and an early shield for my snipers.

2 well micro'd snipers can easily fend off 2 vet LMG gren squads. G43's are a different story... It gets harder with 3+ squads coming at you or if they choose to vet a mortar which is essentially a homing missile at vet 3.

Guards are a great counter for the scout car or flame HT so you can delay the Zis a bit longer. I still find the 120mm mortar better than the 82mm even with the recent nerf. It still has a great chance to wipe a squad which is even more key against Elite since they're most likely purchasing vet.

To Neph's point you really have to harass their map control, specifically the fuel. The longer you let the Elite commander stay in the game the harder it's going to get if they're keeping units alive. I don't even worry about the Ace anymore, I worry about seeing multiple vet 2 or 3 P4's backed by all that vet infantry...
2 Mar 2014, 17:01 PM

If you're going T1, you can get a scout car after the sniper. You play the scout car similar to that of the sniper, but you get the added defensive bonus & mobility. Make sure you're covered by your partner with Maxims/cons.
6 Mar 2014, 05:49 AM

What do you suggest for P grens? 10 minutes in he had 3 vet 3 P gren squads... They just ran over everything... Shocks, Cons, MG's... I couldn't stop them.
6 Mar 2014, 07:25 AM

240 MP and 60 fuel for 3 vet III grenadiers is WORTH. ¿Delay? That amount of Mp expent will be gained by less casualties (vet3 grens vs conscripts) The only counter for that was Shocktroops but they are coming at 2Cp.
The amount of Fuel expent will be gained by map territory.

My suggestion... making elite troops vet ability to 3CP would be fair. You will not break the early game.
6 Mar 2014, 07:47 AM

6 Mar 2014, 10:58 AM

Why not make the vet ability a passive which grants +35% exp gained in combat?
7 Mar 2014, 10:07 AM

nuff said

This pic is hilarious. I laughed out loud during a boring seminar. Did you make it?
(Sry, a bit offtopic)
7 Mar 2014, 10:12 AM

Another question to the Elite Troops:
When im German with this doctrine i love vetting a mortar because it becomes a homing missile.
However, how do you handle those mortarts as soviet? When i have a vet 1 mortar around its easy with precision barrage or if i can flank them with a vehicle if no at or grens with fausts are around. Are there other viable options?
7 Mar 2014, 20:50 PM

Edit: Putting in the stuff I thought I put in the first time, no idea where that quote came from.

Snipers, mines, and demo charges. None of these things care how vetted the enemy infantry are.
7 Mar 2014, 21:26 PM

Clown car it. No matter what anyone says the Soviets will always win the capping game. Which in the long run is better than 3 vet3 gren squads. By spending those resources the ostheer player is slowing his teching.

Also don't troops gain vet faster when they fight vetted troops? I read that somewhere in a similar thread, if you go shocks or guards...vet3 courtesy of the elite doctrine.

Btw why soviets need upgrade (at nades/ptrs) to stun permanently/temporarily vehicles while germans can use panzerfaust with no additional requirements?

Because you play an easy faction to win with, so relic put handicaps for balance.
7 Mar 2014, 21:49 PM

IMO the vetting ability is still pretty broken. Vetted troops are really not that much of an investment when they grant you engagement victories and therefore map control. Shoehorning into an already weak T1 because of a single doctrinal ability is quite silly too. Vet 2 Pgrens are completely ridiculous due to their buffs right off the bat.
21 Apr 2014, 08:00 AM

i like this game for tank attacing! I would say that you have to pull back a little and be a bit more defensive with your MG placement and Con squads.
23 Apr 2014, 14:10 PM
Patrion 310

I met it against an inferior player atm. I think it's hard to deal with. I dont even get why relic implemented so many good abilities in one commander. Im walking around with 160 munitions ability to get 1 squad if 6 of my men get killed. He spends 80 MP and 20 fuel to get vet3 and keeps killing...
30 Apr 2014, 02:53 AM

I'm at a loss for this commander, Anything I try to do to counter them they just vet the counter to my counter. A recent game I saw they were saving munitions for G43s while getting MGs to keep map control. I got mortars to counter the mgs and try and put the hurt on the grens. He got one mortar and vetted it. Needless to say it used counter barrage and killed them both, over and over again. Its so hard to deal with because even if you try and take other parts of the map, they Ostheer player simply takes your territory adjacent to your base unlocking everything forcing engagements against Vet three stuff you cant hope to win against. all while they have a pio squad cap and or mine up the map so even though they used some resources on troop training, their income has been much greater than yours.
30 Apr 2014, 04:36 AM
Honorary Member Badge

This pic is hilarious. I laughed out loud during a boring seminar. Did you make it?
(Sry, a bit offtopic)

no he did not someone else did the guy made a whole bunch of them. to bad he hasn't made any recently. :) (let me find the link, can't find the thread :( )
6 May 2014, 18:52 PM

Sniper against elite troops, bleed him out.
Guards to prevent vehicle rushes.
That's the safest way to deal with these triplestarred guys.
10 May 2014, 18:44 PM

Only issue i find with this is that they will just go cap else where and that the gren blob can deal with your guards much faster than your sniper can deal with the grens allowing the scout car to move in
10 May 2014, 19:26 PM

Today I had really ridiculous game. 2v2 agasint germans with elite troops doctrine. After 4-6mins they attacked with 2 gren squads 3 vet upgraded with MG.
Simple question how stop them? Cons are dying so fast I cant even put MG in right position.
Elite inf are avaible from 2 CP so the only way is MGs spam but army created only with MG wont handle. I could go T1 and use snipers but I also need ZiS and MGs. building T1 and T2 isnt wise in 2v2 (I guess)
So how beat germans who are using elite troops doctrine?

I use Elite Troops will the time when I play Germans but I never vet any of my units. I use the doctrine mainly for the Stun Nades, Smoke, G43, and last of all the beautiful Tiger Ace! :D
I encountered alot of sniper spamming in 2v2, a smart person would just endure the pain and keep pushing. Those who rage and get frustrated at the sniper spam will have problems.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★