Login

russian armor

Ram

PAGES (10)down
7 Mar 2014, 14:51 PM

Nothing Germans have can stop a t34 from ramming unless its already at low health

LOL! That is all!

Only thing that can stop a competent rammer is luck and smoke.

Did you just contradict yourself in your own 5 line post? cause last i checked smoke is something that germans have ... And it stops ramming ... Soooo what was the point of this? Other than to provide an example of how to get out of a ram?
7 Mar 2014, 15:08 PM

moving backwards only counters if you are already far and manage to get a premature rammer on the enemy team. you cant out revrse a t34 at ram speed. Nothing Germans have can stop a t34 from ramming unless its already at low health. Not saying ram is super op but it doesnt require any sort of micro to use get close ram. Only thing that can stop a competent rammer is luck and smoke.

Damn I am kick ass! Much more than my ELO suggests! Because since I have played Soviets for so long I think out of all my Custom and Ranked games I have been successfully rammed once! WATCH OUT HELPING HANS A NEW GERMAN PRO IS COMING TO TAKE YOU DOWN!!!!

LOL now back to reality. Ever hear of true sight? Heavy Crush Obstacles? Fausts? Come on guys you cant be THAT bad with as long as you have been posting on these forums.

But then again maybe your just playing Super Mario Party Mode? Not 2v2 or 1v1? Where Scaling allows 50Bazillion tanks on the field? And you are too busy with your fourth Panther squadron on the east side of the map to handle microing your 3rd Panther Squadron in the middle thats engaged with 85 T34s?
8 Mar 2014, 00:19 AM

LOL! That is all!

Did you just contradict yourself in your own 5 line post? cause last i checked smoke is something that germans have ... And it stops ramming ... Soooo what was the point of this? Other than to provide an example of how to get out of a ram?
ok nothng germans have unless they choose a doctrine with smoke, thats not hard to deduce but again you are a soviet fanboy so i am not suprised. True sight and heavy crush obstacles is only a counter if the Soviet player is a idiot. Fausts have a long set up time and are not a counter to rams, they only can stop ram if you have already fausted. If thats your logic, mines are a counter to ram, so is stuka bombing the t34 first. I am not surprised you have only been rammed once when you are Soviet fanboy, well I mean not suprised that you would say youve only been rammed once, aka using your own statement as an undisputed fact to prove your own point. My god its like Relic built the Soviets for people like you, their cheeseball style of play fits your personality. By you i mean os.j mad hatter katoif. I believe you are the exact same person, at least all seem to get butthurt by blance discussions in a balance discussion forum.
8 Mar 2014, 00:43 AM

I think VonMecha needs a new tinfoil hat, current one seem to be too tight.

Dude, Mad_Hatter is right here, you are contradicting yourself.

First try to stop disagreeing with yourself, then you might want to start discussions when you disagree with someone else.
8 Mar 2014, 00:47 AM

ok nothng germans have unless they choose a doctrine with smoke, thats not hard to deduce but again you are a soviet fanboy so i am not suprised. True sight and heavy crush obstacles is only a counter if the Soviet player is a idiot. Fausts have a long set up time and are not a counter to rams, they only can stop ram if you have already fausted. If thats your logic, mines are a counter to ram, so is stuka bombing the t34 first. I am not surprised you have only been rammed once when you are Soviet fanboy, well I mean not suprised that you would say youve only been rammed once, aka using your own statement as an undisputed fact to prove your own point. My god its like Relic built the Soviets for people like you, their cheeseball style of play fits your personality. By you i mean os.j mad hatter katoif. I believe you are the exact same person, at least all seem to get butthurt by blance discussions in a balance discussion forum.

Wow the bile. Look at that Ad Hominem. Also FYI I rarely Ram preferring to mass my T34s. It has nothing to do with cheesyness. You need to calm down child.

A faust hit will stop a Ram cold in its tracks. This is fact. You may not have the timing but thats a skill issue and hardly anyone but you to blame there.

And you can park behind a heavy crush item as my friend does that I do custom games with.

I am of the mind that Ram could easily be removed IF like what was said before they made the T34 perform like the T34/85 for example and gave Bazookas to some units.

But that being said Ram is incredibly easy to counter except for you evidently. I am HARDLY an expert in this game and I never have a problem. I have a harder time with Molotovs when I play German by far and large then any threat of Ram.

8 Mar 2014, 02:00 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I wanted to say i love/hate when vet 2 P4s deflects ram. That´s it.

Keep fighting.
8 Mar 2014, 03:46 AM

I wanted to say i love/hate when vet 2 P4s deflects ram. That´s it.

Keep fighting.

Better start praying.
8 Mar 2014, 11:17 AM

Wow the bile. Look at that Ad Hominem. Also FYI I rarely Ram preferring to mass my T34s. It has nothing to do with cheesyness. You need to calm down child.

A faust hit will stop a Ram cold in its tracks. This is fact. You may not have the timing but thats a skill issue and hardly anyone but you to blame there.

And you can park behind a heavy crush item as my friend does that I do custom games with.

I am of the mind that Ram could easily be removed IF like what was said before they made the T34 perform like the T34/85 for example and gave Bazookas to some units.

But that being said Ram is incredibly easy to counter except for you evidently. I am HARDLY an expert in this game and I never have a problem. I have a harder time with Molotovs when I play German by far and large then any threat of Ram.

Well obviously I can walk on water cause I just said so. That I said something astutely means I am right. Especially when I post it in a thread about people not being able to walk on water . Anyway like I said ram is not super op but saying its so easy to counter it might as well not even exist is insane. Saying faust is a counter to a 3 second ability? A wall is a counter? I bet you were also arguing that roo spam was so easy to counter, and they probably needed more room for more squads.

I guarantee that if stug had a ram ability Joseph Stalin himself would be hearing the whine. And just to clarify my position I dont think its any longer op, Relic did a good job of balancing it(as well as they could without removing it). The original poster has harsher feelings on ram then I do. But I think it should earn its special ability like all other vehicles.

One of my favorite things is stealing t34s and ramming is2s and is152. I have 100 percent success rate with every ram ever attempted. If someone really wants to ram you, you cant easily stop them. But if someone is fighting you and then decides oh no lets ram, there is a low success rate due them already being at a disadvantage anyway.
8 Mar 2014, 23:52 PM

One of my favorite things is stealing t34s and ramming is2s and is152. I have 100 percent success rate with every ram ever attempted. If someone really wants to ram you, you cant easily stop them. But if someone is fighting you and then decides oh no lets ram, there is a low success rate due them already being at a disadvantage anyway.

That's because Soviet "heavy" armour is sh-t. Try penning a Tiger with T-34 and then try penning an IS with a P4
9 Mar 2014, 00:40 AM

I dont know, Ill trade range and squad wiping for armor anyday. I was unstoppable with the marder in coh before it got nerfed into oblivion. And the gwagons were weak, but with the range could take on anything.
4 Apr 2014, 19:34 PM

I didn't read ten pages of this thread, but in case it hasn't been suggested, using blitzkrieg to back up really quickly is a good counter to ram. If the tank tries to ram over too far of a distance, the engine will overheat.
22 Apr 2014, 19:33 PM

The same people that think ramming is okay are the same ones complaining about vet 1 blitzkrieg. If Blitz is going to get nerfed then I suggest similar nerfs to the ram ability, and make its effectiveness dependent on how the target was rammed.

Frontal rams should have a brief shock effect and have a 15% chance of disabling the main gun.

Side rams should have a brief shock effect, a 25% chance of disabling the main gun and 50% chance of crippling the engine.

Rear rams should have an extended shock effect, along with a 50% chance of disabling the main gun and 70% chance of damaging the engine.

The end result? No more insta-win ram ability and the soviet players are rewarded for flanking their targets.
22 Apr 2014, 19:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2014, 19:33 PMRuhani
The same people that think ramming is okay are the same ones complaining about vet 1 blitzkrieg. If Blitz is going to get nerfed then I suggest similar nerfs to the ram ability, and make its effectiveness dependent on how the target was rammed.

Frontal rams should have a brief shock effect and have a 15% chance of disabling the main gun.

Side rams should have a brief shock effect, a 25% chance of disabling the main gun and 50% chance of crippling the engine.

Rear rams should have an extended shock effect, along with a 50% chance of disabling the main gun and 70% chance of damaging the engine.

The end result? No more insta-win ram ability and the soviet players are rewarded for flanking their targets.

+1 Good idea.
22 Apr 2014, 20:07 PM
Patrion 310

To be honest, regardless of what people think about Blitzkrieg, I would say that the majority of players would want ram removed and the T-34 and generally Soviet armour re balanced so they don't need ram. For the record I want Ram removed but also believe that Blitzkrieg needs changing.

Those suggestions just make the game even more RNG based not to mention essentially throwing 280mp and 85 fuel away to maybe disable or stun the German vehicle. Ramming on the side isn't as clear cut either, since side armour does not exist, only front and rear. If side armour was added to the game, I think it would help soviets because getting frontal armour rolls against your shells mostly results in a bounce on Tigers, Panthers and Elephants. I would rather its removed and either with an ability to help flanking or just balance the tank so it does better vs late game armour.

Ram is far from an instant win ability. It doesn't reliably disable vehicles unless from behind which isn't always possible due to mobility and pathing issues. Even if you ram and disable a vehicle, you need support to actually capitalize on that. If the German armour has support it makes it much harder to kill it. You also have to consider there are ways to avoid ram such as smoke, mines, panzerfaust and Blitzkrieg which can actually be used to negate rams since some tanks can reverse faster than the T-34 can boost forward, without having any kind of disadvantage aside from munition cost.
22 Apr 2014, 20:16 PM

That still leaves a lot of RNG. I think the range of rng should only be in either the damage ram causes, or in the length of stun, and that should not have extremes of result. If you make a distinction between rear and forward ramming, side rams will probably still fall into the rng category(though maybe acceptably) due to the chance of the attack being calculated as frontal or rear, or can they have 3 different categories?

I think a cleaner solution might be to make ram work 100 percent of the time, disabling gun and tread, but only available once a t34 has gone below 50 percent health(maybe below 75 percent would be more reasonable) That makes it much easier for an Ostheer player to control for.

Or else make it so that ostheer tanks can only take temporary stun to gun and mobility, unless they are rammed after they have dipped below 75 percent health. Or do both and make this qualifier only for the heavies.
22 Apr 2014, 23:07 PM

RNG is a hallmark feature of the company of heroes series, believe it or not. I agree that it can be annoying to deal with but mind you it's just as annoying for other people as well. I don't mind it too much, personally, I think it adds a little extra spice to the game. Without it, we'd probably have the rigid and bland combat mechanics from Starcraft 2 or CnC for that matter.

In the case of ramming, I was suggesting what I felt were reasonable balances to the ability, but if you ask me I think the ability should be thrown out completely. Tank warfare in this game seems to me like a giant slugfest between cheap tin cans and expensive tin cans. They don't feel like the tank battles from vCoH at all. Personally I think tanks should be alot more lethal to tanks and less lethal to infantry (unless their roles were specifically designed for it). Soviet players shouldn't have to rely upon ramming to effectively engage German armor. Historically speaking, the ability was used (not as often as we think) as a last ditch effort to disable enemy tanks a la a take-you-down-with-me fashion, so I guess the idea to only use the ability when the tank is near critical health could have some merit.
22 Apr 2014, 23:27 PM
Honorary Member Badge

i think ti would be fine it wasn't so powerful (unless in the right circumstances)so instead of a must use rather a tatical option but not something you would not use often if not rarely. it needs to be situational and right now its not.
22 Apr 2014, 23:33 PM

The only reason to use ram in the first place is because T34 is a complete and utter garbage in fighting against anything else then P4.

And that is about to change.
22 Apr 2014, 23:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2014, 23:33 PMKatitof
The only reason to use ram in the first place is because T34 is a complete and utter garbage in fighting against anything else then P4.

And that is about to change.

Unless the P4 is Vet 2.....then its useless again :D

CMMMMOOOONNNNN PATCH (but then again i said this last time)
23 Apr 2014, 22:31 PM

Haven't read all the pages but here is an idea:
- Ram always takes the ramming tank down to very low health.
- If the tank is on low health and wants to use a last ditch effort for damage/disable, then it can ram and there is a chance that the ramming tank will live (remaining on very low health).

This means the player has to ram at the right time, panzers watch out for tanks 'backed into a corner' simulating it as an act of desperation, and if the ram is timed right and pulled off it has a chance of saving the tank (if the panzer is destroyed/disabled (and alone), the Soviet tank can be repaired).

To be clear, when a high health tank rams it goes to 5% for example.
When a low health tank rams, there is a chance it will stay on ~5% instead of getting destroyed which is what would have happened if it allowed itself to get shot again. The bad chance of this move is the ramming tank simply loses its remaining health.

The rammer has to time the ability, weighing the benefits. The German player has to make sure low health tanks don't get too close and hit tanks in general in co-ordinated heavy-hitting ways. If you think the German player needs a benefit out of this, it is the fact that the ability is a part of the Soviet unit which is included in its balance considerations (not otherwise a great tank).
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS