24 Feb 2014, 17:11 PM
Benefactor 115

Starts March 1 at 19:00 CET

Full details here: http://www.esl.eu/eu/coh2/news/237353/

New steam group as well http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ESLCOH2EU
24 Feb 2014, 17:17 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I didn't see a prize mentioned on that page. Is there one?
24 Feb 2014, 17:32 PM
Benefactor 115

I didn't see a prize mentioned on that page. Is there one?

maybe some sweet premium accounts so you can play more tournaments and win more premium accounts :D
24 Feb 2014, 17:35 PM
Benefactor 115

No, all I can get is premium keys and the section isn't active enough for a sponsor to be interested.

Catch 22 with this scene I'm afraid. Can't get people to do anything unless you flash the cash and can't get the cash when people don't want to do anything but I'm fed up arguing this point over and over again. If people want to do something other than auto match that's cool, if they just want to play auto match that's cool too.
24 Feb 2014, 17:39 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

So wait, you're blaming the players for not taking part in enough tournaments? I'm confused. What are you saying exactly? Getting sponsors is a shit-ton of hard work, I know, but I believe it can be done. Any small sponsorship would be a stepping stone. There were actually sponsors interested at game launch, until they got a better idea of the lack of esports features in the game. How could they even host a live event if they wanted to? They simply couldn't because the tech (obsmode, primarily) is not there.

IMO 2 things need to happen:

1) Relic needs to give esports a chance by prioritizing the features that esports needs

2) some sort of kickstarting needs to happen where organizers are hired to both seek sponsors and organize tournaments, or Relic has to take on that roll themselves

Expecting "the community" to do it, as you so frequently site in your fighting games youtube videos, is not going to happen. You see community organizers running in circles. This community is about as awesome as it gets, and it's treading water.
24 Feb 2014, 17:43 PM
Patrion 14

Will talk to my team-mate and hope I have a clera schedule during the weekend. Interested. :)
24 Feb 2014, 18:03 PM
Benefactor 115

Like I said if you want to play in tournaments that's cool, if you don't that's also cool.

Just don't expect a substantial prize for every event when numbers aren't good and it makes it difficult to secure sponsorship. It's not the fault of the players as the game isn't fun to play for a lot people and I understand it's the biggest problem with the game but just throwing money at a competitive scene and hoping people will play isn't going to get you anywhere. ( See EA and CnC3) It's unsustainable, for now it's best if you can get members of the community to interact and compete with each other in avenues other than auto match and actually grow a competitive spirit other than the bullshit mvgame kappa spam and crappy grudges that go on for reasons outside of playing the game.

If you had actually watched any of the videos you would see that the ethos behind the fighting game scene is one of friendship, competition and playing for the fun of it. The evo champ only made $4k which barely covered his ticket from Singapore to Las Vegas this year but he played and competed because he enjoyed the game and wanted to prove he was the best.

24 Feb 2014, 18:10 PM

Nice Idea, will see if I get my Teammate to join me on the fight :D
Btw I dont think that prizes are necessary at all, I think everybody atm plays the game for fun...
24 Feb 2014, 18:14 PM

Like I said if you want to play in tournaments that's cool, if you don't that's also cool.

Just don't expect a substantial prize for every event when numbers aren't good and it makes it difficult to secure sponsorship. It's not the fault of the players as the game isn't fun to play for a lot people and I understand it's the biggest problem with the game but just throwing money at a competitive scene and hoping people will play isn't going to get you anywhere. ( See EA and CnC3) It's unsustainable, for now it's best if you can get members of the community to interact and compete with each other in avenues other than auto match and actually grow a competitive spirit other than the bullshit mvgame kappa spam and crappy grudges that go on for reasons outside of playing the game.

If you had actually watched any of the videos you would see that the ethos behind the fighting game scene is one of friendship, competition and playing for the fun of it. The evo champ only made $4k which barely covered his ticket from Singapore to Las Vegas this year but he played and competed because he enjoyed the game and wanted to prove he was the best.

+1

Players should play and compete for the sake of the competition, not because there is mad $$$ to be made.

Every successful esport today had humble beginnings. You can't just throw a ton of money into an event and hope that by some miracle you get enough viewers to break even. It won't work. The community desire has to be there first. Which is something that this community really lacks, unfortunately.

Either way, props to IpKai for spending his time organizing this and I'm definitely singing up :)
24 Feb 2014, 18:25 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Calling it a "For fun" cup or whatever would save this confusion. I read through the whole thing to see if there was a prize or not, still wasn't sure, so I asked.
24 Feb 2014, 19:20 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

You are probably aware of this,but just in case, Zen magnets might assist?

25 Feb 2014, 22:32 PM
Benefactor 115

26 Feb 2014, 08:37 AM

Could you clarify something for me please? Here it states "All bulletins are permitted" while here it says "No bulletins are permitted". Which one of them is correct?

Also, bit nooby but if the latter one is the correct one, then how the heck do you remove a bulletin from your roaster without replacing it with another one? Never heard that one is able to completely remove them.
26 Feb 2014, 13:12 PM
Benefactor 115

My newspost is correct. I'm having some trouble updating the wiki and will have the second link fixed later.

You can remove your bulletins by pressing the buttons I've highlighted in my screenshot.

26 Feb 2014, 15:35 PM

How silly of me to not actually notice that... Thanks.

And thanks for clearing that up.
26 Feb 2014, 19:41 PM

Hopefully I'll be signing up for this, if my teammate isn't dead (haven't heard from him in 3 days).
1 Mar 2014, 18:08 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Brackets are up and I suppose some games have begun:

http://www.esl.eu/eu/coh2/2on2/cup1/rankings/

Would be nice if players/fans used this as a sort of live report thread. Hard to follow these events w/o OBS mode and a livestream.

I also hope that some good replays from the tournament get posted here on COH2.ORG too!
15 Mar 2014, 14:10 PM
Benefactor 115

http://www.esl.eu/eu/coh2/forum/3132/31601/

If anyone participated could leave some feedback that would be greatly appreciated.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★